• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Obama's Victory Lap and Smoking Hopium in Internet Dens

Status
Not open for further replies.
titiklabingapat said:
This is like mana raining from the heavens.

Bush plans active campaign role for GOP

080306-mccain-bush-vmed-130a.widec.jpg

OK... this has GOT to be a setup. They are making this too easy. I can only conclude that they WANT Obama to win.

GhaleonEB

woeds said:
So GAF, what are the chances of a Gore endorsement on Wednesday in Florida? Obama said he 'gave' Michigan the Edwards scoop, so Florida should be next. And next Wednesday he'll have the most pledged delegates, so it will be 'safe' for Gore to endorse.
I don't think he will. He's working right now to bring fundraisers together from the Clinton and Obama's camp, and I think his being (officially) neutral helps him in that role. Once the primaries are over on the 3rd, and Obama has crossed 2026, he'll endorse the winner. There's really no point in his doing so earlier.

Mango Positive said:
OK... this has GOT to be a setup. They are making this too easy. I can only conclude that they WANT Obama to win.
Just as McCain seems oblivious to the fact that the lobbyists on his campaign plays right into the central message of Obama's campaign, I think he's oblivious to how damaging his closeness to Bush is. Obama has been saying McCain is running for Bush's third term, and I haven't seen McCain dispute that once. I think Obama is going to be pretty successful at defining his candidacy for him.

It's pretty inept, but I think he's missing a critical window to push back on how Obama is defining him.

sangreal said:
When I was in the Netherlands this past week people kept asking me about Obama. Everyone wanted me to to assure them he could win
Yeaah, I got an Obama shirt from a Dutch friend for my birthday.

GhaleonEB said:
It's pretty inept, but I think he's missing a critical window to push back on how Obama is defining him.
I think he's actually trying to frame the debate by using Obama's percieved weak point in foreign policy and playing to the fears of people with some hints of racism/dirtiness by brining up the Hamas connection(Hussein, hamas, terrorist, lolz).

He's just doing it wrong by bringing Bush into all this and the unexpected response(for a Democrat) by from Obama and his complete lack of foresight like you've already explained.

Dolphin

Banned
Souldriver said:
Yeaah, I got an Obama shirt from a Dutch friend for my birthday.
Yeah, Obama is about the very best thing that could ever happen to our foreign relations after the previous two terms. I'm actually optimistic that the world might start liking us again.

GhaleonEB said:
Just as McCain seems oblivious to the fact that the lobbyists on his campaign plays right into the central message of Obama's campaign, I think he's oblivious to how damaging his closeness to Bush is. Obama has been saying McCain is running for Bush's third term, and I haven't seen McCain dispute that once. I think Obama is going to be pretty successful at defining his candidacy for him.

QFT.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Mango Positive said:
Just watch.

It's all part of the GOP plan. Have George W tag along... side by side with McCain. Then BOOM! McCain seemingly out of nowhere becomes enlightened! He is now rejecting George W! He's a new man. The polls start swinging. The media starts turning.

"McCain, Fighting the Old Politics"
"Johnny's Back, My Friends!"

...and up and up go the polls!

The public becomes so drawn up by the story. There goes that Maverick, John McCain again they'll say. He really is bipartisan, he was able to recognize the faults of the current president.

Dumb people will swing.

John McCain wins in November.

End of the World follows.

fin

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Why is Obama being drawn into a debate on frickin Iran????!!!!!?????

IRAN???!!!???

With all the crap going on domestically, the skyrocketing cost of living, loss of jobs, crap economy, etc.????

The GOP would love it if Obama keeps this back and forth on Iran, because it distracts from their HORRIBLE domestic track record.

Leave Iran alone Obama, and keep reminding people just how superior your domestic policy is, cause I GUARANTEE you that's what people REALLY care about, not Iran.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
VanMardigan said:
The GOP would love it if Obama keeps this back and forth on Iran, because it distracts from their HORRIBLE domestic track record.

Leave Iran alone Obama, and keep reminding people just how superior your domestic policy is, cause I GUARANTEE you that's what people REALLY care about, not Iran.
yep.
Obama can't just let the attacks settle otherwise critics and sceptics will use it as some indication of his inexperience in the matter. Obama needs to combat it forcefully to retard the narrative that McCain has some type of accrued national security 'experience' over him.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Avoid the foreign policy debate and focus on middle class economic issues? That sounds like the advice of every centrist Democrat strategist the last six years, and exactly what Bill Clinton told John Kerry in 2004.

Let's not cede a vast swath of the political debate, please.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
scorcho said:
yep.
Obama can't just let the attacks settle otherwise critics and sceptics will use it as some indication of his inexperience in the matter. Obama needs to combat it forcefully to retard the narrative that McCain has some type of accrued national security 'experience' over him.

Yeah, but if he's responding, he's allowing the GOP to determine the narrative. Same way he faltered when he let Hillary determine what the conversation should be about. I'm not saying to totally ignore it, but once he addresses it, he should quickly pivot to his strengths in the domestic front.

Let's not cede a vast swath of the political debate, please.

See above. Not a total concession, but don't allow the media cycle to be wholly a debate on frickin Iran.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Obama's critique of Bush era foreign policy and the politicians who enabled it is pretty central to his narrative, though.

It's a strength for him, not a weakness, and he should (and I think would) be hammering McCain on it whether it was brought up by someone else first or not.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Mandark said:
Obama's critique of Bush era foreign policy and the politicians who enabled it is pretty central to his narrative, though.

It's a strength for him, not a weakness, and he should (and I think would) be hammering McCain on it whether it was brought up by someone else first or not.

I disagree, if only because the GOP has the innate ability to turn any foreign policy argument into a "who can keep you safe from dangerous terrorists" battle and win out on that. If National Security is the main narrative of this election, and NOT the economy, and NOT domestic issues, then McCain wins imo.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Mandark said:

this.

woo hoo! finally got the professional renewal rate for Foreign Affairs. took too damn long. :/

VanMardigan said:
I disagree, if only because the GOP has the innate ability to turn any foreign policy argument into a "who can keep you safe from dangerous terrorists" battle and win out on that. If National Security is the main narrative of this election, and NOT the economy, and NOT domestic issues, then McCain wins imo.
the reason the GOP got away with it in the past is that Democrats nearly as a whole scurried away from such a debate, as reductive and fear-mongering as it is. Obama has an obvious edge in this, and while domestic issues will likely play a larger role this election, i doubt Obama is at a net-loss arguing against idiotic foreign policies.

let the town hall debates commence! now!

VanMardigan said:

Basically, what Scorcho said. The GOP has no such "innate ability"; they've only been effective at doing so because the Democrats have either ceded the debate to them outright, or uncritically regurgitated GOP-friendly frames about "strength."

terrene

Banned
Don't get your hopes up for heavy Bush involvement. The picture and AP article linked to are about a specific fundraising event in AZ.
WASHINGTON - President Bush will help Republican John McCain raise money later this month in Arizona. Beyond that, the White House isn't saying how much the two will campaign together.

The White House on Monday sidestepped a question about how much Bush will campaign with McCain but said the president would actively hit the trail in support of Republican candidates despite his low approval ratings and questions about whether his presence would help or hurt the likely GOP nominee.

Triumph

Banned
Mandark said:

Plus it's a real poetic page out of Rove's ACTUAL playbook: attack your opponent's biggest perceived strength (McCain's FP/Military credentials) as your main avenue of attack.

Lou Dobbs is a funny man. McCain stands against everything he's been reporting on for years but he wants so much to hate Obama. :lol

Loudninja

Now i know SUSA’s oregon poll is bull.

Clinton loses Whites, Latino’s and Asians, i dont think so.

Also theres a little tell tale here in the back of the SUSA Oregon poll today that may tell people may be lying.

Of Voters who could change minds, this is very interesting Only 20%of Clinton supporters could change mind, what was the figure for Obama supporters………………62% may change their minds.

Wow, they dont give up do they? :lol

Wow they seem really uspet today

http://www.hillaryis44.org/?p=627#comments

Tamanon

Banned
Bulla564 said:
So ummm... how can I find out where they will be?

Obama's website confuses me, and the only close "event" I see that he will be in, is a reception in the Westin Diplomat hotel in Hollywood FL. The problem is that it is at 9pm.

They're not going to be in the same place, Halperin jumped the gun. He changed it.

ndiicm

maximum360 said:
Lou Dobbs is a funny man. McCain stands against everything he's been reporting on for years but he wants so much to hate Obama. :lol

Some one has to pull in the West Virginia audience cnn is just trying to compete with faux news.

maximum360 said:
McCain was the chief sponsor of his eternal hardon: manesty for illegal immigrants :lol

I'm not really sure how he is coping with the extreme cognitive dissonance

polyh3dron said:
Why are these hillaryis44 people calling him Obambi? What the fuck does it mean?

trying to portray him as young, naive, and inexperienced in life, like bambi, who became disillusioned with the world came crashing down after the mom was shot and killed.

Triumph

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Why are these hillaryis44 people calling him Obambi? What the fuck does it mean?
Who knows? Reality is obviously not these people's strongest point. I still wonder what CoolTrick's username over there is...

Triumph

Banned
kkaabboomm said:
trying to portray him as young, naive, and inexperienced in life, like bambi, who became disillusioned with the world came crashing down after the mom was shot and killed.
Ha, which is funny because that's what's happening to THEM.

Oh, that's right! I get to vote tomorrow. Obama tyme. We of Kentucky GAF need to band together to try to keep the rural vote from making us look like WV.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
A suggestion to Obama: when you are an unknown like yourself with no record to back up your flowery words, you might better your chances of people getting to know you by telling them WHY THEY SHOULD VOTE FOR YOU—not why they shouldn’t vote for the other guy. Especially when that other guy John McCain has been in the public eye for years and enjoys a very well-cemented identity.

Just exactly what is David Axelrod’s reasoning as to how Obama — the candidate who “says” he represents change and “outsider politics”– will fare against the well-documented record of a maverick like McCain who has actually spent his entire career bucking the political system and truly enacted change? Will Obama change his campaign theme? Yikes. Is the Obama campaign strategy being unveiled when Obama states that “a vote for McCain is a vote for Bush”? Because if that is the Obama campaign’s idea of a “winning” strategy against John McCain, we are in serious trouble.

I love how Hillary44 constantly brown-noses John McCain. So shit-faced.
And no, Obama has never articulated why people should vote for him. Never.

Oh, and..
It increasingly looks like Democrats will go ON STRIKE if Obama is foisted on the Democratic Party by the Dean/Brazile/Pelosi Axis. Clinton Supporters Count Too is a harbringer of things to come.

A lot of women and a lot of Democrats will WRITE-IN HILLARY if the Axis Powers have their way. Let’s prevent the strike - let’s get Hillary the nomination — once again — make those calls.

There might already be one prominent Democrat preparing to GO ON STRIKE.

Geraldine Ferraro, the outspoken former Democratic vice presidential candidate and a supporter of Hillary Clinton’s White House bid, told the New York Times she may not vote for Barack Obama should he be the party’s nominee.

God Bless America and Geraldine Ferraro!

:lol :lol :lol

Arde5643

Slurpy said:
I love how Hillary44 constantly brown-noses John McCain. So shit-faced.
And no, Obama has never articulated why people should vote for him. Never.
At this point, I'm really sure most of the loudest people in hillary44 are stealth GOP shills.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
terrene said:
"Unelectable, that's what you are...."

They are loving it at HillaryIs44.

...because it was made by one of them. From the creator:

Hillary will be president. If not now then later. She is the one we need to repair this disaster of a country and we will have her as president.

Your idiot candidate and stupid lies make no difference because we know that she can AND WILL lead.

Just go home and cry when your stupid, lying, thieving, deceitful, shiftless thug of a candidate is finally handed his hat and asked to please leave the table. His comments are no longer needed.

Why don't you fuck off? We're the true democrats here not you. It's our party and you can just fuck yourself in the ass with your fist if you think for a second that we'd let a piece of shit like him beat our girl.

You kids would all stay home if Hillary won the primary and went up against McCain. We KNOW that. So take your negativism elsewhere you stupid, childish piece of shit.

Nice.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Can we not fill these threads with posts by those bitter mental midgets at hillary44 kthx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom