• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Obama's Victory Lap and Smoking Hopium in Internet Dens

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my way of predicting what will happen tomorrow:

dlhvzp.gif

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Francois the Great said:
this is my way of predicting what will happen tomorrow:

dlhvzp.gif
FUCKING YES!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Tommie Hu$tle said:
They should fuck the world up and get a Pitbull or Rot. Or they could stealth pander for PETA support by adopting a Greyhound.
No, golden retriever

GaimeGuy said:
No, golden retriever

I'm telling you think of the freaking White House family photos with a freakin beast of a dog in the pics. Have it running all around the freaking white house. Have it in meetings when the Iranian president shows up. It would be awesome, too bad the American people wouldn't go for it.

GhaleonEB

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
FWIW, the Clinton camp has sent me and other state delegates for Obama invites to some private parties at some really posh nightclubs (500 dollar bottle service kinda place)... they wont say its for a vote, but its for a vote at the state convention.

I just donated 250 bucks to Obamas general election campaign (maxed out my primary contribution) so I get to go to a dinner with David Axelrod. woo hoo.

Zeed

Banned
StoOgE said:
I just donated 250 bucks to Obamas general election campaign (maxed out my primary contribution) so I get to go to a dinner with David Axelrod.
Give him a blowjob for us, will ya?

Sharp

StoOgE said:
FWIW, the Clinton camp has sent me and other state delegates for Obama invites to some private parties at some really posh nightclubs (500 dollar bottle service kinda place)... they wont say its for a vote, but its for a vote at the state convention.

I just donated 250 bucks to Obamas general election campaign (maxed out my primary contribution) so I get to go to a dinner with David Axelrod. woo hoo.
...Clinton is really trying to do this? Still?

StoOgE

Sharp said:
...Clinton is really trying to do this? Still?

yeah, but honestly, we arent worth that much.. my senate district is worth 5 national deleges.. so they would have to swing like 50+ state delegates to even have a shot at moving a single national delegate.. so its basically throwing good money after bad.

and I think my "dinner" with Axelrod is probably going to be like 1000 people with him speaking.

Zeed

Banned
StoOgE said:
yeah, but honestly, we arent worth that much.. my senate district is worth 5 national deleges.. so they would have to swing like 50+ state delegates to even have a shot at moving a single national delegate.. so its basically throwing good money after bad.
Take them up on their offer, then vote for Obama anyway. Let Hillary go a few hundred dollars further into debt. Serves her right for a stunt like that.

StoOgE

Zeed said:
Take them up on their offer, then vote for Obama anyway. Let Hillary go a few hundred dollars further into debt. Serves her right for a stunt like that.

Not worth it.. Ive actually got some decent connections going in the local dem party here.. Dont want to burn bridges because of one presidential campaign. Ive decided to be civil with the Hillary people so I can get their mailing list for the next election cycle.

Phoenix

Dolphin said:
Seems like it, she probably wants to leave on a high note--might make 2012 seem more viable.

Clinton is playing for a vice president shot. But playing this one close and illustrating she is strong where Obama is weak she can plead to the DNC to be involved in the campaign.

Trakdown

She already has. On Countdown, Olbermann was talking about how she's promoting Karl Rove's indication that she has the popular vote. Also, Bill showed up on Rush Limbaugh's Radio show this week.

mj1108

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/20/u...bl&ex=1211428800&en=88e6ca6f2872149b&ei=5087

Robert Zimmerman, a New York media consultant who is a major fund-raiser for Mrs. Clinton, said the popular-vote argument was a good political framework for her candidacy because it emphasizes her electability in the fall. He also said it would be fair to count Michigan and Florida when Democrats are also counting the votes from state caucuses, which require people to participate at a certain time of the day, and therefore tend to leave shift workers and laborers at a disadvantage.

WAT.

I swear everyone associating with Hillary couldn't add or subtract their way out of a paper bag.

vitaflo

StoOgE said:
Not worth it.. Ive actually got some decent connections going in the local dem party here.. Dont want to burn bridges because of one presidential campaign. Ive decided to be civil with the Hillary people so I can get their mailing list for the next election cycle.

Bingo. Take the high road. Obama has won the nomination, if you want him to win the presidency, we need the Hillary supporters in our camp as much as possible.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Anyone know any Clinton supporter on the internet claiming they will support Obama? I honestly haven't seen it. Its weird. This is not your normal upset feelings here. Maybe its because of the closeness of the race or maybe its a grand plan from the republican party to stir unrest.

Sharp

ralexand said:
Anyone know any Clinton supporter on the internet claiming they will support Obama? I honestly haven't seen it. Its weird. This is not your normal upset feelings here. Maybe its because of the closeness of the race or maybe its a grand plan from the republican party to stir unrest.
I know Clinton supporters in real life who will support Obama, and that's worth a lot more to me than seven unique IPs over at hillaryis44.

Trakdown said:
She already has. On Countdown, Olbermann was talking about how she's promoting Karl Rove's indication that she has the popular vote. Also, Bill showed up on Rush Limbaugh's Radio show this week.
Oh wow.. Bill fucking Clinton is going on Rush Limbaugh's Show?

wat

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Trakdown said:

Why? Rush jokes on Bill Clinton everyday. :lol

Dolphin

Banned
Phoenix said:
Clinton is playing for a vice president shot. But playing this one close and illustrating she is strong where Obama is weak she can plead to the DNC to be involved in the campaign.
I'm not so sure. I think Edwards is much more likely to be Obama's running mate than Hillary--Hillary would just drag Obama's platform down and she doesn't really seem like the type to take second place gracefully.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ralexand said:

Every one I know will support Obama. But I don't hang out with too many 55 year old hillbilly chicks.

Stinkles said:
Every one I know will support Obama. But I don't hang out with too many 55 year old hillbilly chicks.
One of my cousins seriously believes Obama is a Muslim.

My mom got into a pretty heated argument with her about it. Here's the argument:

"You know that Barack Obama is a Muslim?"

"No, he isn't, but what would it matter if he was?"

"Oh, I forgot you weren't a Christian."

Then one of my other cousins girlfriends got in on it, and started bitching at my cousin over the entire thing.

I live in Kansas, so it shouldn't have surprised me, but I really hoped I wouldn't see such bullshit parroted by my own family.

Thunder Monkey said:
I live in Kansas, so it shouldn't have surprised me, but I really hoped I wouldn't see such bullshit parroted by my own family.

It's disturbing and terrifying at the same time, isn't it?

Zeed

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
"You know that Barack Obama is a Muslim?"

"Oh, I forgot you weren't a Christian."
If a member of my family pulled that kind of shit with me I would disown them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Thunder Monkey said:

Note to anybody that's arguing with anybody about whether or Obama is a Muslim.

Do not ask this question.

You'll not only weaken the truth but you'll derail the topic. Anybody that actually believes that Obama is Muslim most likely believes all Muslims are Allah-Akbar-Suicide-Bombers-That-Hate-America. This is not a position that is easily changed.

polyh3dron said:
I swear to God Obama needs to come out in his next spech with this as his first sentence:

"I am not Muslim."

Anybody that seriously believes he's a Muslim won't take him at his word on that. I bet those poor, white, Applachian folks would be thinking...

"Yeah, that's what you WANT me to think you (insert obscenities here)!"

ZealousD said:
Note to anybody that's arguing with anybody about whether or Obama is a Muslim.

Do not ask this question.

You'll not only weaken the truth but you'll derail the topic. Anybody that actually believes that Obama is Muslim most likely believes all Muslims are Allah-Akbar-Suicide-Bombers-That-Hate-America. This is not a position that is easily changed.
No, but in the eyes of those with intelligence it can single handedly deflate their entire argument.

Once you equate the few with the many you lose any right you have at making the argument. I usually come back with "So does that make all Christians KKK members? As quite a few KKK members are Christians."

I've always had a softspot for debating stupidity.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Thunder Monkey said:
No, but in the eyes of those with intelligence it can single handedly deflate their entire argument.

You see, that's the problem. If they had intelligence, they wouldn't believe he's Muslim.

ZealousD said:
You see, that's the problem. If they had intelligence, they wouldn't believe he's Muslim.
As far as I know she was the only person there that believed that.

When it came to the end of that argument she realized she was the only person that wasn't looking at her like she was crazy. Easy way to sway another's opinion is to make them think they are the only person that thinks it. Pretty easy to do when you've got a family of progressive Democrats.

polyh3dron said:
I swear to God Obama needs to come out in his next spech with this as his first sentence:

"I am not Muslim."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/story?id=4881883&page=1

First question of the lightning round:

"Are you a Muslim?"
"No."

He goes on to talk about his faith very specifically, although I'm sure that someone will say "He takes just a few too many pauses, how honest is he really being, humm?"

Still, he said it on ABC's Good Morning America, that's one of the best places he could do it to reach the people that still are misinformed.

Alcibiades

I'm not sure if truth matters when disputing an Obama talking point on GAF, but as a Clinton supporter who cannot stand Rush's non-stop attacks on her I have to set the record straight:

Bill Clinton has not ever been on Rush Limbaugh's show and probably won't be. They ran into each other once at a diner in New York, and Bill Clinton has been on shows that have hosts that sub for Limbaugh sometimes.

But if someone can link to proof that Rush had Bill on his show and interacting in a peaceful (or not) manner I'd like to see it. Rush hates Bill and Hillary and other than to cause "chaos" and help his ego he has no reason to be civil towards them.

KRS7

Alcibiades said:
I'm not sure if truth matters when disputing an Obama talking point on GAF, but as a Clinton supporter who cannot stand Rush's non-stop attacks on her I have to set the record straight:

Bill Clinton has not ever been on Rush Limbaugh's show and probably won't be. They ran into each other once at a diner in New York, and Bill Clinton has been on shows that have hosts that sub for Limbaugh sometimes.

But if someone can link to proof that Rush had Bill on his show and interacting in a peaceful (or not) manner I'd like to see it. Rush hates Bill and Hillary and other than to cause "chaos" and help his ego he has no reason to be civil towards them.

What I heard is that he was on the Rush Limbaugh show while another host was subbing in for Rush. If that is untrue then you need to talk to the MSM because I remember hearing that on all the major television networks. As an Obama supporter we can both agree that Rush is blowhard.

Alcibiades

The MSM is behind Obama and for months has tried to bring Clinton down, so I wouldn't be surprised if like that blog post just referenced would completely make things up to reflect poorly on Clinton (http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/2008/03/wtf-bill-clinton-on-rush-limba.php).

That's a complete fabrication that Obama people like Andrew Sullivan have been willing to spread to make it seem like Rush and the Clintons are working together. Rush's "operation chaos" is an independent campaign that probably did help Hillary get votes, but he continues to criticize her daily and in no way has implied he wants to help her win the nomination (another fabrication is that Rush wants Clinton to win because she is the "weaker" candidate; his stated goal is the superdelegates having to make the decision and a long contest, not the triumph of either Obama or Clinton).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom