• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential limited-series revival of Prison Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://tvline.com/2015/06/02/prison-break-revival-limited-series-fox-wentworth-miller/
Prison Break may be getting sprung from television purgatory.
Fox is developing a limited-series revival of its 2005-09 drama series that would re-team stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details are sketchy, but I hear the reunion project — if it happens — would be similar to last year’s 24: Live Another Day in that it would span a dozen or so episodes and feature a closed-ended storyline.

Earlier this year, Miller — who reunited with former TV bro Purcell this past season on The CW’s The Flash — told E! News that he “floated the idea” of a Prison Break continuation to Fox and “they seemed to think there was something there.” Fox co-chairman Gary Newman acknowledged at the Television Critics Assoc. press tour in January that Prison Break would make “the perfect event series,” but added that there were no current plans to bring the Fox River gang back together.

In the meantime, Miller and Purcell are at least guaranteed to reunite for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, premiering midseason on The CW.

Reps for Fox and 20th Century declined to comment.
If true, this could be interesting. The original premise (and season) of Prison Break was fantastic, a limited run could be great.

Interested as to when the show would take place as it would need to be
before the end of season 4..

Rokam

Not really needed just watch the 2 CW shows. Or 3 (Arrow) if you want the entire cast of Prison Break

Anustart

Sweet. Another 20 episodes where we get to hear "if we don't get out tonight, we're never getting out!" Each episode.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/662507/p...ited-series-return-on-fox-get-all-the-details
I don't care if they retcon stuff, I'd love to have some more Prison Break.
Seems like it would be more like the 'movie' and maybe retconning.

Of course, this "news" isn't really all that surprising, since when E! News sat down with the series stars at the 2015 Winter TCA Press Tour, Miller and Purcell exclusively revealed that a Prison Break revival was more than likely heading our way.

"We actually floated the idea to Fox very casually and they seemed very not casual about this interest," Miller said. "They seemed to think there was something there."
"It's something that Fox is, as Wentworth said, potentially excited about," Purcell said, with Miller quickly adding, "Maybe definitely excited about. Maybe definitely."

In fact, Miller even had some ideas on how the beloved show could return.

"To go back and do something like we did at the end of season four, where there were those two standalone episodes were Sarah was in trouble; it was like a hidden chapter, we didn't know this, but we're going to share this with you, wouldn't it be cool to go back and layer one of those things in. Like another standalone chapter, this is what you didn't see before," Miller said. "Or a where are they now, it's five years later, limited series kind of thing. I think that'd be really cool."
Sounds interesting enough, except that last bit would be quite the retcon.

Sweet. Another 20 episodes where we get to hear "if we don't get out tonight, we're never getting out!" Each episode.

Season 1 didn't suffer from that problem. When the first big escape failed, enough things were built up to pay of big time when they were successful.

Season 2 clearly didn't have that problem.

Season 3, writer's strike or not as an excuse was a poor retread of being stuck in jail with that crappy T-Mac cellmate for Scofield. A season was wasted to payoff on what was hinted at in one of the last scenes from season 2.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Really bad idea. Show went to shit after season 1, and never recovered.

I'd like a Deadwood season 4 though. HBO?!?!

Hilarious, a show that was created as a two season run that's famous for running out of steam in it's 2nd season but dragging on for another 2....is being revived for 1 more season?
Fucking insane. I'm sure some of these execs are looking at their DVD shelf when they're high and are like "woah, man....like 1 more season of Joey would be amazing!"

They are gonna break Scofield....from HELL!

Nah dude, it turns out peter stormare's character killed Satan and now he is Lucifer, its connected to the Constantine-verse.

tumblr_n0m4h5awZ41rlbbhbo1_500.gif

LycanXIII

Make it about Sara escaping a zombie infested prison after having a life threatening, emergency c-section to give birth to the baby, who is really Lincoln's child.

A "re-telling" of season 1 would be awesome. Basically the same cast and premise but the break out could be different. But make it better than season three, please.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

squadr0n

This could be amazing. The original show post Season 2 was starting to show it wasent meant to be a series, but if they had the right story and give it respect it could be amazing.
1. Get rid of the camp
2. Treat it like it could be a Movie that needs more time to completely flesh out its mystery.
3. Stay true the the 1st season's roots. Its ideas and look.

The show started to take the idea of a Prison Break to a new level when Whentworth started to become a master thief. If this is still the route they are going with the new show im not sure how they can make it work with great success. At the same time, making it another 'prison break' can be a very good or a very bad idea. Depending on where they go with it. Lets get some Hollywood production values though please.

Bleepey

I'd watch it a Ulfimates universe sort of thing with the same characters but different settings might confuse audiences though. Season 1 and 2 were awesome, season 3 was stupid with Deus Ex Machina and Bafman level of Xanatos speed chess and Michael having improbable amounts of knowledge. I literally said fuck you when he knew the contents of the weed killer or whatever in season 3. Season 4 was ok but it was not as tight as season 1 and 2. I kinda see Breakout Kings as season 5 and 6 of PB and I hate Fox for cancelling it on a Cliffhanger.

Rich!

I'd watch it a Ulfimates universe sort of thing with the same characters but different settings might confuse audiences though. Season 1 and 2 were awesome, season 3 was stupid with Deus Ex Machina and Bafman level of Xanatos speed chess and Michael having improbable amounts of knowledge. I literally said fuck you when he knew the contents of the weed killer or whatever in season 3. Season 4 was ok but it was not as tight as season 1 and 2. I kinda see Breakout Kings as season 5 and 6 of PB and I hate Fox for cancelling it on a Cliffhanger.

Not to be picky, but he knew about that likely because Sucre got the information to him.

params7

Banned
Fuck, I've been looking for an excuse to start watching through Prison Break again.

The first two seasons are pretty much most thrilling TV can get.

Bleepey

Not to be picky, but he knew about that likely because Sucre got the information to him.

Now he's a master chemist as well as civil engineer, architect and Batman? It seems I am misremembering things but I recall him just knowing what was in it but I guess I was wrong.

Maffis

If they retcon season 4 then go for it. Season 4 was terrible. Prison Break didn't even fit the theme of the show anymore.

But season 1 however...so thrilling. Better than any Lost season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom