• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prison Break Returns April 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited series premiere date was announced today, it will be Tuesdays at 9:00 beginning April 4th.

C158flZVQAAzP8y.jpg

e: New trailer released - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr9ESD9YGGo&feature=player_embedded
Fox has announced premiere dates for its midseason lineup, including the revival of ”Prison Break," new event series ”Shots Fired," and time-traveling comedy ”Making History."

The highly anticipated return ”Prison Break" will premiere on April 4 at 9pm, reuniting original series stars Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Sarah Wayne Callies, Amaury Nolasco, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar and Paul Adelstein. When clues surface that suggest a previously thought-to-be-dead Michael Scofield (Miller) may be alive, his brother Lincoln Burrows (Purcell) reunites with the rest of the crew to engineer another breakout. The series is created by Paul T. Scheuring, who serves as executive producer along with Vaun Wilmott, Michael Horowitz, Dawn Olmstead, Nelson McCormick, Marty Adelstein and Neal Moritz.
I'm hoping they can capture some of the magic that was season 1. I think having a tight story will help them keep the quality high.

Fox318

IIRC Prison Break actually did very well with reruns and on streaming services.

Its a fucking shame that writers strike killed the show. I remember after season 2 just the show going to fucking shit.

KorrZ

Prison Break was one of the first shows I remember being fucking glued to week to week. The first season was legit great and kept you on the edge of your seat.

Later seasons drop off like a rock but I'd love if they could somehow recapture the success of the first one.

WarMacheen

We never really saw him die.

Government stepped in saved his life with an experimental operation. He has secretly been behind the scenes doing odd jobs for the US government and is now being tasked with the downfall of the incoming US President from within the Whitehouse

Prison Break was one of the first shows I remember being fucking glued to week to week. The first season was legit great and kept you on the edge of your seat.
Yeah it was the first one for me that I followed from the beginning (I got into 24 shortly after, once I got caught up with 24, I loved Monday nights that had the 24/Prison Break combo), probably the reason why it's my personal favourite.

Line_HTX

I need to finish Season 4. I completely forgot where I left off. They
went overseas and came back to the states IIRC...

Tom Nook

Spoiler

Didn't Michael Scofield die in the series? Is he alive in this?

They visited his grave in the movie.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Hyped as fuck! One of my favorite tv shows is back.

Up next, Buffy.

Buffy wishes it had the swag of having Lincoln and Michael sprung from jail by their Dad, then go back to jail without anyone knowing they were ever gone.

The show was amazing on a weekly basis in S1 and S2 for batshit insanity.

Also Michael better finally visit DB Cooper's daughter Goddamnit if, if she's somehow not dead of terminal cancer.

Aiii

So not worth it
This show had no reason to exist past season 1 (or actually the initial run of 12 episodes), it went from bad to godawful in the next 3 seasons and now they're bringing it back.

Ain't nobody asked for this.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
From what I remember
michael got electrocuted or exploded saving sara, but the new trailer shows him in jail so idfk :/

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly strongly implied and no actual person would survive, but we don't actually see him die as far as I remember. In the laws of television, that means he can come back eventually.

DeathyBoy

Banned
This show had no reason to exist past season 1 (or actually the initial run of 12 episodes), it went from bad to godawful in the next 3 seasons and now they're bringing it back.

Ain't nobody asked for this.

Machine in S2 was amazing.

Prison Break is probably only topped by Dexter (and maybe Heroes) in how bad it got the more episodes it aired. However early episodes were fantastic. It was one of those weird shows that achieved it best material early in the first season. Everything before the S1 midseason break was top notch, many things about the back half worked, but some did not.

The idea for S2 was good, but it many bad spots. It was still very watchable.

Season 3 was such a insane concept that it was worth giving it a shot, but it was executed poorly. Season 4 was so forgettable, the one enduring scene stands out it my mind...

I'm still amazed that got onto TV. It was clear no one gave a fuck at that point.

Watched all 4 seasons. Have no idea under what premise they're bringing this back with the characters considering what happened.

S1, S2 and to some extent S3 were great. S4 was not as good as the rest. Definitely must see TV like BSG and Lost where you wanna watch the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom