• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prison Break Revival Is Officially a Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Five months after getting a pilot script order, Fox’s Prison Break revival has been officially ordered to series — and the cast is starting to be fleshed out.

Both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles, as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows, while TVLine hears that talks thus far are underway with both Sarah Wayne Callies (now starring on USA Network’s Colony) and Robert Knepper, to return as Sara and T-Bag.

Miller and Purcell currently co-star on The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow, which the actors said earlier this week will dictate their window of availability for the Prison Break revival, which is tentatively set to start filming this spring. Originally eyed as a 10-episode event series, the exact length is now TBD.

Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue, The Final Break, in which a major character met his demise. Noting how many times the characters have broken out of prison, “It’s not a documentary!” she laughed.

The Fox drama’s original producing team, including series creator Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead, will executive-produce the new series, with Scheuring serving as showrunner.
http://tvline.com/2016/01/15/prison-break-revival-fox-michael-lincoln-sara-t-bag/

Dragon

Banned
Does Fox just have nothing else that could possibly work? Seems crazy to being back 24 and this when they haven't been off the air that long.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Fox is really just scrapping the bottom of the barrel for ideas now.

When is the House revival coming?

ryan299

I loved the show, for the most part, but I'm not sure about this coming back. I rather see 24 return again.

Sojgat

post-59216-sean-connery-fist-pump-gif-Img-Z1Ll.gif

VoxPop

Loved it up until the end of season 2. Not sure what they're aiming for this revival. Never got to watch "The Final Break" either cause it came out by the time I stopped caring. Is it worth going back to?

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The series could work - with new characters and a new prison to break out of for each season. The way they handled it was just weird.

Ashhong

I'd like a The O.C. revival next, please.

No please, that ended pretty perfectly. Don't ruin it!

I loved the show, for the most part, but I'm not sure about this coming back. I rather see 24 return again.

Why not both? Season 1 of Prison Break was amazing.

I'm pretty sure Michael Scoville was dead in the last episode, or was that a twist I forgot?

Says it takes place before the DVD movie.

Vlad

I'm pretty sure Michael Scoville was dead in the last episode, or was that a twist I forgot?

Well, like the OP says, it takes place before the post-season movie that they did, which takes place kind of before the last scene of the actual series.

For a more specific refresher (Prison Break ending spoilers, of course):
Ok, it's been a while, so I might be a tad off on the specifics, but here's how I remember it: The last episode of the series had them all in the clear, but Michael ended up with a nosebleed, signifying that his brain cancer had come back. The series then flash-forwards to a few years later (long enough for Michael and Sara's kid to have aged to around 5 or so, I think. I seem to recall a little girl in the epilogue). Sara, Lincoln, and Mahone all meet at Michael's grave to pay their respects. The series leaves the actual circumstances of his death unclear.

The movie takes place before the epilogue, so Michael's still alive. For some reason, Sara is arrested and the remnants of the bad guys are planning on killing her in prison, so Michael hatches a plan to break her out. During the course of the escape, Michael kills himself so that everybody else can get out. If I remember correctly, he had to electrocute himself so that some crucial part of the prison's systems wouldn't work.

Maddocks

Good Fox, now bring back House for 10 more episodes of him 6 years after Wilson passed. See how far his life has descended into chaos

Has FOX released a statement regarding original ideas?

Can I get Strange Luck, VR5 and The Adventures of County Brisco Jr. to lead into The X-Files?

ryan299

Is there even anytime between seasons for them to fit a new story in? From what I remember everything seems to take place in a short time period.

Fichtner better come back.

Good Fox, now bring back House for 10 more episodes of him 6 years after Wilson passed. See how far his life has descended into chaos

And WIlson is back from the dead. If Sara can survive being beheaded and Michael can survive brain tumor/electrocution, WIlson is gonna be fine.

This show was terrible, where's Season 10 of 24? And don't tell me they're still going ahead without Kiefer. GIVE THAT MAN HIS MONEY. Enough.

Bleepey

Good Fox, now bring back House for 10 more episodes of him 6 years after
Wilson
passed. See how far his life has descended into chaos

Do spoilers mean nothing to you? I could understand it in a House thread but this is about PB? I am not even a fan of House but someone else might be watching it.

Averon

Is Prison Break a concept that can really go the distance? The whole point of the show is to see how our characters break out of prison, but once they do, that's it. Unless the writers find reasons to delay the prison break, with each reason being more nonsensical than the last.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Is Prison Break a concept that can really go the distance? The whole point of the show is to see how our characters break out of prison but once they do, that's it. Unless the writes find reason to delay the prison break, with each reason being more nonsensical than the last.

That was the problem with the original series, once they got out of prison the series got crazy and stupid and then more crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom