• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prison Break Revival Is Officially a Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
It has been years since I watched but but just where the hell is this going to go after the whole Scylla thing in the last series?

So apparently the taking place before the Final Break isn't actually happening. It will take place after and will explain how Michael is alive. From IGN:

"Following the announcement, FOX’s Chairman and CEO, Gary Newman, was asked a bit more about Prison Break, including how Michael Scofield could be a part of the show, given he seemed to die in the "Final Break" conclusion movie.

Said Newman, “I don’t want to spool too much of it, but obviously, one of the things we all wondered about... We all, who watched the show and loved it, thought that Michael had died. Paul Scheuring came in with a great twist, that explains that he didn’t die and what he’s been doing in the interim.”

Regarding the brain tumor Michael had, Newman noted, “In the script I read, it wasn’t really addressed, so I don’t exactly know if that’s been somehow taken care of or not.”"

---

Looks like the original article has updated too stating: "Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue."

This time, they have to break out of a Supermax prison located on the Moon and get back to Earth in time to stop the company from their most diabolical scheme.

HagiG7

One of the best first seasons of any show.

As for Michael,
I can see them bringing him back after his death if they were doing a sequel. If I remember correctly, it wasn't exactly shown on screen. And the show has a habbit of resurrecting dead characters like Sara and Kellerman .

Hm weird how micheal is still alive. Not complaining though I love the series. But would be okay to just have something before the last season rather then after it. The serie closed good enough imo.

Sure I can see why some found the concept getting old at an moment but I loved the show and his characters, so will watch!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Just do a Superman Returns and retcon 3/4 out of existence. Season 1 and 2 are the only canon worth a damn. Dat Mahone.

chadskin

So apparently the taking place before the Final Break isn't actually happening. It will take place after and will explain how Michael is alive. From IGN:

"Following the announcement, FOX’s Chairman and CEO, Gary Newman, was asked a bit more about Prison Break, including how Michael Scofield could be a part of the show, given he seemed to die in the "Final Break" conclusion movie.

Said Newman, “I don’t want to spool too much of it, but obviously, one of the things we all wondered about... We all, who watched the show and loved it, thought that Michael had died. Paul Scheuring came in with a great twist, that explains that he didn’t die and what he’s been doing in the interim.”

Regarding the brain tumor Michael had, Newman noted, “In the script I read, it wasn’t really addressed, so I don’t exactly know if that’s been somehow taken care of or not.”"

---

Looks like the original article has updated too stating: "Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue."

Hahaha, oh my. That sounds more like PB.

Sloane

Banned
I usually dislike remakes, reboots, and sequels, and yet, I'm really looking forward to both 24 and Prison Break. Why.

kurahador

Man...X-Files, 24, Prison Break. How about reviving series that ends on a cliffhanger eh Fox?

Terra Nova or Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles would be great.

Volotaire

Let's do this. I hope they bring back some old characters.

giphy.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How is this gonna work? Michael is dead, right? Or are they gonna retcon that?

Guess I'll watch though. The first two seasons were good. The third was meh, and the fourth was some of the worst writing and acting I've ever seen. But yeah, I'll probably catch this.

I loved the show, but now I'm not sure if I care about this happening.
Just knowing Michael is going to eventually die from the brain tumor kills it for me

rtcn63

Michael faked his death because he decided to start up his own Sleeper Cell. In prison break he will break out all his evil friends and in 24:legacy, he will strike.

The government helped fake his death, froze his body, so they could thaw him to get Jack out of the gulag. Then in 24, the two of them go break out a former Russian general who Jack learns about during his incarceration, who happens to turn out to be Michael's grandfather.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Michael faked his death because he decided to start up his own Sleeper Cell. In prison break he will break out all his evil friends and in 24:legacy, he will strike.

Jack vs Lincoln would be amazing.

"Michael, he's seen us."
"You've been staring at me for ten minutes,"
"Michael, we should leave."

Kaladin

This show should have been a one season and done series and it would have been perfect. I can remember the exact point in the season finale where it all went wrong too. It felt like they were continuing it because they had a hot property and had to continue it. I kept watching, but man it was never as good as season 1.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I hope someone watches this, without having seen the original show, and wonders why the cast is filled with characters from the Arrow-verse.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Prison Break S01 was the reason I started watching TV. It got me into TV shows. Show went to shit in the second season, however, when he would continue to conjure shit up using the tattoo. Can't wait to see what shitty reasons they come up with to explain why Wentworth is still alive. Fuck this show.

Glad to say I never went past the S1 finale. Now if someone out there could re-edit the content from everything after into a watchable 2 hour epilogue that ties up most of the loose ends I'd be 100% satisfied with the show.

jesu

---

I used to read a Prison Break forum back then.
Because he never died onscreen no one believed he was really dead.
It was all a ruse to get everyone off his back.

This seems like such a strange trend. "We had a good idea but then quickly fucked it all up. Rather than trying new ideas, maybe we can just do that one again but try not to ruin it so quick?"

Interfectum

The last couple seasons of Prison Break were pure, unadulterated cat shit. Of all the things to bring back why the fuck would they bother with trying to salvage this trainwreck of a show?

I don't even think the ratings were that high towards the end, were they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom