• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential limited-series revival of Prison Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They already broke out of prison in the first season

there didn't need to be seasons after the first one

much less a revival season

http://deadline.com/2015/06/prison-...ul-scheuring-wentworth-miller-fox-1201436784/

I'm on mobile so I can't properly post but that deadline story has more info.

here:
Not surprisingly, like the much lauded Season 1 of the original series, I hear the new installment likely would chronicle a prison break, focusing again on brothers Michael and Lincoln — possibly trading places — who might be joined by a third co-lead character. I hear the idea is for many original cast members to reprise their roles with cameos in the limited series.

How many prisons do these guys need to break out of before authorities are like, "Y'know, let's maybe separate these guys a little better"?

Anyway, I will say that I did kinda like that season where they had to break out of Sona.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought they already did a spinoff of the show about a bunch of cons trying to catch other cons or something.

Only if this guy returns...

L7CrIbG.jpg

rtcn63

They are gonna break Scofield....from HELL!

And in the final episode when they get him back to Earth, he won't have any memory of who he is. Just a crescent scar on his body, and knowledge of everything and everyone but himself.

YaGaMi

Season 1 amazing, 2 was good. A couple of episodes into 3 I quit the series and won't be returning again. Prolonging TV series way past their original run is one of the reasons I steer clear from them.

I enjoyed Season 4 so i'm glad it's coming back.

Bellick had a fantastic character arc
T-Bag was supremely well acted

The entire show had so many good characters.

Ayumi

The brothers are old and not hot anymore, and when the Scofield actor came out as gay, my heart broke in a billion pieces. I see no reasons to watch it anymore.

Sure, why not? I'll watch it.

Just kidding, I definitely will watch it too, out of curiosity. :3

EulaCapra

Hmm...they can theoretically just retcon the direct-to-DVD epilogue where pregnant Sarah gets put in jail. The actual series finale where the men and Sarah and child pay tribute to
Michael's grave
was vague in
how he died.
Maybe no need to retcon anything more other than saying, "I faked it and got put in ANOTHER prison."

Hope the main gang including Sarah are a big part of it. Sarah Wayne Callies could use more love after all The Walking Dead's Lori hate.

Volotaire

YES! But, they will probably be retconning the end of season 4 because there is no other way this fits.

Now we get two shows (and a half with Flash ) where Miller and Purcell co-star.

Hmm...they can theoretically just retcon the direct-to-DVD epilogue where pregnant Sarah gets put in jail. The actual series finale where the men and Sarah and child pay tribute to
Michael's grave
was vague in
how he died.
Maybe no need to retcon anything more other than saying, "I faked it and got put in ANOTHER prison."

Hope the main gang including Sarah are a big part of it. Sarah Wayne Callies could use more love after all The Walking Dead's Lori hate.

Well they will find a way to "undie" him "I was alive all along and just went away for years because i didnt wanted to deal with that crap anymore!"

Season 4 was kinda interesting after the lackluster season 3....the movie though....

NightOnyx

I'm so glad this is officially happening! I just watched the series for the first time this past month and I really loved it. I loved season 1 and 2, and I actually didn't really mind season 3, even if it wasn't on par with the first 2. Season 4 definitely was the worst in my opinion, the mom stuff especially. However, even when I felt the show struggled in the storyline department, I still very much enjoyed watching it because I really like most of the characters. So I'll definitely welcome more Prison Break, but I do hope they have a good story in mind for it, because the characters deserve to be apart of a good story.

mrkgoo

I LOVED this show when it was on. Did a recent rewatch with someone who never saw it before, and it didn't really hold up. Wasn't terrible, just not as good as the first time around.

Gandalf

Watched some of season 1 coincidentally about a week ago... And the acting is kind of bad. Don't remember that. T-Bag is as great as I remember. Still very good overall. Make it like that and I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom