• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus (Alien 'prequel' movie) starts shooting March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I always figured it’s a weapon, and I always figured that [the ship in the first Alien] was a carrier of weapons. Therefore, who is that, inside that suit? That wasn’t a skeleton, that was a suit. And if you open up the suit, what do you get inside it? And why were they going, where were they going?
Hope it's not just some dude in there.

EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!
Seriously.

Good interview.

Snaku

Banned
EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!

More like your movie couldn't possibly maintain a PG-13 rating if the xenomorph was in it. Maybe they should swap out the Xeno in Disneyland with Prometheus? It seems to have more in common with Disney after all.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
zHt0O.jpg

Empire article via AVPGalaxy:

PgYyG.gif

DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnn

Zeliard

I'm starting to lose my faith in the movie.

Isn't Hugo supposed to do pretty amazing stuff with 3D?

Perhaps it's the case that 3D's use can only be maximized in the hands of a good director. Which would give it something in common with, well, everything else.

Given that Ridley Scott's forte is in visual flair and intricate detail - not to mention natural studio sets - I doubt there's much to worry about as far as the look of the film.

Zeliard

Haha I love how persistent and seemingly flabbergasted the interviewer is about Ridley trying to dodge the Alien connection:

EGE: So you are linking this directly with the Alien films?

RS: Not at all.

EGE: Not at all?

RS: No.

EGE: No?

Scarecrow

Haha I love how persistent and seemingly flabbergasted the interviewer is about Ridley trying to dodge the Alien connection:

Does the interviewer really think Scott will tell the world that 'yes, the alien will be there at the end of the movie?'

Zeliard

Does the interviewer really think Scott will tell the world that 'yes, the alien will be there at the end of the movie?'

Naw, I think he was just looking for an inkling of a connection. Ridley goes on to answer with his typical "there will be Alien DNA yadda yadda". He certainly has attached himself to the term "DNA." Makes for a rather effective way to not divulge any real info. :p

Also, that interview really seems to confirm all those rumored plot leaks that have come out over time.

Hope it's not just some dude in there..

Yeah, that would bite, the Space Jockey race whatever they are need to stay as exotic, creepy and UN-human as possible. Scott now saying the "fossilized" creature from the first movie is just some kind of interface shell has me worried. I don't want some crummy little cliche'd humanoid thing to be the real pilot of the Derelict. But given the overall theme of the aliens influencing the development of humans it wouldn't surprise me. :/

Snaku

Banned

I think the bewilderment stems from the fact that he's been trying to do an Alien prequel for years, and even wrote a special message to fans of the franchise in the Alien Anthology Blu-ray specifically mentioning an impending Alien prequel. Now for the last 12 months, it seems like they're doing everything in their power to emphasize that this is not an Alien prequel.

So where's that fucking Alien prequel you promised, Ribley Scotch?

He's obviously trying to keep it a surprise for the film.

I mean, I'm pretty sure we saw
set photos with dudes in Xenomorph costumes a while back.

FoneBone

Apple has a 30-second "first look" with some behind-the-scenes stuff and brief glimpses of actual footage. The full trailer will be online on Thursday. (I'm assuming it'll run in theaters in front of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and/or Mission Impossible.)

EDIT: YouTube

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Here is the offical poster in high res for anybody who wants it btw notice the Alien eggs ??
*snip* http://prometheusnews.net/pix/official-teaser-poster.jpg[/IMG]

Those are not alien eggs. They are the urns in the head room. What they contain remains to be seen

EDIT: actually it appears to show what is in them in the 30 second snippet.

FoneBone

I think we're going to be seeing something that's recognizably related to the xenomorphs (a prototype, if you will), but not the xenomorphs themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom