• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus (Alien 'prequel' movie) starts shooting March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daft_Cat

ITT: People acting surprised that a movie inspired by a Space Jockey in a chair contains a
Space Jockey in a chair.

Still, it's a great way to tease audiences.

nomis

ITT: People acting surprised that a movie inspired by a Space Jockey in a chair contains a
Space Jockey in a chair.

Still, it's a great way to tease audiences.

It's not surprising it's just so nerd boner inspiring that it's inclusion can't be overstated.

FoneBone

One of the fansites has a low-quality look at the poster (well, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but this looks legit):
nQkXQ.jpg

Trailer oughta be out soon... if only Fox would make a damn announcement...

Man

Poster is probably a bit too cryptic for normal movie goers. I guess you could say the same about Alien however. We will probably see final cover a couple of months from release.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You'd never know that was a giant face if you hadn't seen the publicity shots.

I really want to be excited for this, but damn, I really don't feel good about it being tied into Alien. I just don't foresee what this movie is about being complimentary to what Alien was about.

Please please have good dialogue. Where most sci-fi's suck at crafting believable characters, Alien was perfect, not only in screen play, but how the conversations were directed and shot.

Kind of crazy how Alien's poster is still one of the best ever.

There's nothing crazy about that.

FoneBone

I really want to be excited for this, but damn, I really don't feel good about it being tied into Alien. I just don't foresee what this movie is about being complimentary to what Alien was about.

I can live with it on its own terms, but yeah, I just don't like how it meshes with canon. I don't know that the Space Jockeys and xenomorphs need an origin, and I really don't care for the thought of them interacting with humans even before the first movie takes place.

(Don't get me started on the idea that humans might somehow be responsible for the creation of the xenomorphs, too).

The above is all speculation, though.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Looks pretty good, don't get the odd angle on the statue though. Anyways....

...less poster, more trailer! Start promoting this movie, idiot execs.

FStop7

Banned
Haha the typo. Still wish they had finalized the egg design before the poster/trailer.

I thought that was intentional, in that the poster egg is a mix of an egg and the cratered surface of LV-426 rather than an exact copy of the egg design in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom