• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 45% Price Drop in Hong Kong - WiFi Vita + case + ModNation bundle is ~$165

RMI

Banned
I already have one, so a price drop does nothing for me. I hope it happens though, the Vita is a great platform and right now the price seems to be a major barrier to entry for a lot of people.

kyoakuma

Banned
if you guys look hard enough, you can find cheap vita systems online. I got a vita system with a 32gb memory card, 3 games for $150.

repeater

If this happens in the west, I'm demanding an Ambassador Program (with extra rewards proportional to number of posts in VitaGAF threads).

QaaQer

Someone needs to make a 'women holding a Vita' Tumblr.

I'm still hoping for 'women licking vita' to become more of a thing.

60025395_384x288_generated_zps9c4ddc6f.jpg

kyoakuma

Banned
craigslist. People who dont have ebay accounts and who want to dump a system price them pretty low. heck i should start looking for a cheap wiiu

QaaQer

is 4GB really enough?

If you buy carts and only a few old psone/2 games, then yeah. But if you are a digital only guy and like to play a bunch of games concurrently, then no.

Personally, I bought the 16GB card and regret it because I only ever play one game at a time and I buy carts whenever possible, so most of the space is unused.

Shinriji

If you buy carts and only a few old psone/2 games, then yeah. But if you are a digital only guy and like to play a bunch of games concurrently, then no.

Personally, I bought the 16GB card and regret it because I only ever play one game at a time and I buy carts whenever possible, so most of the space is unused.

The VitaGAF rule is: buy the highest card that you can afford. It won't be sufficient anyway.

QaaQer

The VitaGAF rule is: buy the highest card that you can afford. It won't be sufficient anyway.

I'd say using the included card first to see if it meets your needs before upgrading is the more sensible way to go. but ymmv yadda yadda...

Nikodemos

Nope. It's worthless.
Which is why nobody's buying them, and why a potential PS4+Vita bundle is most likely to come with one "at no extra cost" (even giving them away for free makes them money, since they don't have to pay for their storage anymore).

squall23

It's odd that one of the few places in the world where the gap between 3DS and Vita isn't quite as big would be the first to get a price drop.

DedValve

Banned
$160 with 16GB bundle as the standard and an assortment of colors!
Brand new native res AAA games!
Overwhelming third party support!

I've got the cyanide pills ready for the utter disappointment this Gamescom will bring!

Faustek

xbrrKuk

Been a while we had this in Sweden.

Was alone since release and now a month ago there are always 40+ near me.
I like it.

user1337

If we get a 45% drop in the UK, I'll be all over that thing.

Been looking to get a vita for ages now! Gimme a price drop sony! Dooooo it!!!!

repeater

xbrrKuk

Been a while we had this in Sweden.

Was alone since release and now a month ago there are always 40+ near me.
I like it.
Huh? I'm in Sweden and I haven't noticed any substantial price drop on Vitas (I already have one of my own, but always scouting for deals to make my friends get their own), certainly no 45% one..

Skeff

Fuck Modnation, they should really have a LittleBigPlanet bundle for cheap, that's a game that would appeal to both casuals and gamers.

This is how Vita should be priced

£150
Vita
LittleBigPlanet
8GB

£140
Vita alone

Well it's currently £169 with 8gb memory card and:

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
WipeOut 2048
MotorStorm RC
Little Deviants
Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Lemmings
Hungry Giraffe
The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

This is at amazon.co.uk and GAME.

45% is a big discount though...wow! 45% discount would bring that to ~£92. Which is far cheaper than the 3DS.

SmokyDave

Thanks for all the 'ladies and Vitas' chaps!

Yup

Game prices too, if they think I'm paying 40-50 euros for a handheld game they are out of their minds.
The RRP for digital Vita games drops quicker than any other digital store I've known outside of the PC. They're really pretty good about it.

dude819

If this same type of deal were available in the US for $150, i would be tempted but they still need some interesting, only-on-Vita games. Thus far every game on there is either a port or being ported to PS3, PC, etc.

Ty4on

The Vita should be cheaper than the 3DS? Is the 2GB SD card in it really that expensive?
Yup

Game prices too, if they think I'm paying 40-50 euros for a handheld game they are out of their minds.
You don't. You buy PS+, find cheap offers and never look back. I got Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden Sigma +, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Rayman Origins, Unit 13, Lego Lord of the Rings and various indie games via PS+, payed a little bit for Metal Gear Solid 1, GT PSP and Lumines and the only game I payed full price for was P4G. All in all I've spent maybe 100 bucks which is really good even by Steam standards looking at all the games. If you just want 10 minute games stick with a phone or 3DS because the Vita isn't for you.

The Vita should be cheaper than the 3DS? Is the 2GB SD card in it really that expensive?

You don't. You buy PS+, find cheap offers and never look back. I got Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden Sigma +, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Unit 13, Lego Lord of the Rings and various indie games via PS+, payed a little bit for Metal Gear Solid 1, GT PSP and Lumines and the only game I payed full price for was P4G. All in all I've spent maybe 100 bucks which is good even by Steam standards. If you just want 10 minute games stick with a phone or 3DS because the Vita isn't for you.

Why so defensive ? he is rightfully asking for a cheaper price , and he did not asked for 10 minute games. Also 3ds and IOS have a lot of games than are > 10 mins too. The point is that the 2 GB card is cheap and there is no reasons for Sony to price their cards so expensive.

Was 179€ on Amazon.de for a few days. Now it is up to 249€ :(

you should have brought it :0

quetz67

Banned
Well it's currently £169 with 8gb memory card and:

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
WipeOut 2048
MotorStorm RC
Little Deviants
Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Lemmings
Hungry Giraffe
The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

This is at amazon.co.uk and GAME.

45% is a big discount though...wow! 45% discount would bring that to ~£92. Which is far cheaper than the 3DS.

Was 179€ on Amazon.de for a few days. None left.

Not too impressed, Vita already reaches close to that price on a regular basis. Just last month Game discounted the vita to £150 with soul sacrifice for a while. When that happens again AND the 32GB stick is ~£30, I'll care

Mario007

Why so defensive ? he is rightfully asking for a cheaper price , and he did not asked for 10 minute games. Also 3ds and IOS have a lot of games than are > 10 mins too. The point is that the 2 GB card is cheap and there is no reasons for Sony to price their cards so expensive.
The reason is called being able to offer the tech inside Vita for 250 when it launched and not losing PS3-like money on it.

Top Bottom