• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Midnight Launches

johnny956

Got some info for some numbers for Best Buy but will post more after tonight. One store is getting around 110 PS4's and have 89 preordered so there will be some launch units for those waiting in line

Another store is getting about 190 PS4's but I don't have preorder numbers for them yet

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Got some info for some numbers for Best Buy but will post more after tonight. One store is getting around 110 PS4's and have 89 preordered so there will be some launch units for those waiting in line

Another store is getting about 190 PS4's but I don't have preorder numbers for them yet

Great news, I think I will pick my best buy tomorrow and get some concrete numbers as well.

johnny956

Great news, I think I will pick my best buy tomorrow and get some concrete numbers as well.

I know some stores already have their shipments while others are in transit which means of course they'll be there before launch so they should have some concrete numbers

DoctorZ

Yeah ever since I discovered my ups and figured how to change delivery settings.. No more seeing a dumb note saying failed to deliver

Can you guys enlighten those who havn't done this before? I have a myups account, but have never used it before. I never have issues with UPS, but it would be useful to possibly get shipments faster. UPS gets to my door around 6-8pm typically.

My Best Buy said they are only getting 15 units beyond what has been pre-ordered.

Wal-Mart has no idea how many they will receive, but little chance of having any left over.

GameStop said they are not receiving any extra

Target said they have no extra.

Frys just told me they will only have 14 units after pre-orders.

So yeah, it is not looking good at all for anyone who did not pre-order.

And yes I live in a very large town, 200k+

johnny956

My Best Buy said they are only getting 15 units beyond what has been pre-ordered.

Wal-Mart has no idea how many they will receive, but little chance of having any left over.

GameStop said they are not receiving any extra

Target said they have no extra.

Frys just told me they will only have 14 units after pre-orders.

So yeah, it is not looking good at all for anyone who did not pre-order.

And yes I live in a very large town, 200k+

Best Buy allotments seem to be all over the place. Is that the only Best Buy in town? Generally the ones that usually do midnight openings for game releases will have more consoles then those that don't

Best Buy allotments seem to be all over the place. Is that the only Best Buy in town? Generally the ones that usually do midnight openings for game releases will have more consoles then those that don't

In this town I think so, might be another one somewhere. Don't think so though. It is the big one, next to the mall and everything.

They likely got a buttload of pre-orders.

Will likely be people camped out for days.

Well for me

Target- Doesnt know if they are getting any shipments at all LOL..

Walmart- Maybe they have extra

Gamestop 1- Maybe they have extra

Gamestop 2- They already know they have a few extra ( Im going there thursday morning, they having a pre-launch thing where if you preordered you can finish paying off if you didnt you can wait in line to pay one off.. This happens between 11AM- 5PM I believe)

Best But- Nada

I live in milwaukee

johnny956

Well for me

Gamestop 2- They already know they have a few extra ( Im going there thursday morning, they having a pre-launch thing where if you preordered you can finish paying off if you didnt you can wait in line to pay one off.. This happens between 11AM- 5PM I believe)

Best But- Nada

I live in milwaukee

Which best buy? Shoot me a pm ;)

My Best Buy got their stock. Apparently it's about 130 systems, but like 115 of them were already pre-ordered, me being one of them.

Good luck to those last 15 at Midnight launch, yeesh!

FoxDie

I called my GS and they said they have 48 units , only for those who preorderd, assuming not all of them will come, should get my console within 2 hours.

Knoxcore

I called my GS and they said they have 48 units , only for those who preorderd, assuming not all of them will come, should get my console within 2 hours.

You won't get a PS4. Those are reserved for people who preordered and will be held for up to 24 hours if not more.

For those living in the Los Angeles area:

We are prepping for a midnight launch of the PS4 at the Sony Store located in the Century city mall. We are receiving a significantly large number of units(extra units apart from pre-order) and thus apart from catering to our pre-orders, we will also be able to give those who haven't pre-ordered on a first come first serve basis. We have our own doubts if we would be able to sell all the units within a couple of days from the midnight release. More details to follow soon. Please be ready, this coming Thursday Nov 14th @ 22:00/10:00p.

Napophis

Anyone get a call from EB Stockyards in Toronto? I called last week and they told me they weren't sure what they were getting and that not to bother coming in to pickup my pre-order if they didn't call :(

RetroMG

Debating whether or not to go to my store's midnight launch. I don't like midnight launches as a whole, but the only thing I have in the morning is a dental appointment.

isual

I wonder if I could ask a cop to drive me home. I live about a mile away from my store.

I could walk, but I live in SF.

was just wondering.

Well for me

Best But- Nada

I live in milwaukee

I find it really hard to believe that Best buy and Target will not be getting PS4s on launch day. Isn't Milwaukee a pretty big population center?

rjinaz

We are prepping for a midnight launch of the PS4 at the Sony Store located in the Century city mall. We are receiving a significantly large number of units(extra units apart from pre-order) and thus apart from catering to our pre-orders, we will also be able to give those who haven't pre-ordered on a first come first serve basis. We have our own doubts if we would be able to sell all the units within a couple of days from the midnight release. More details to follow soon. Please be ready, this coming Thursday Nov 14th @ 22:00/10:00p.

Wow. They must have thousands then. That is crazy. I wonder if this is an LA store thing only because if it's not, there may be a lot of extras for people after all.

Edit: For the poster above me. Welcome!

I work 4-12 and and won't be able to make the launch night...

But Ill be at my Best Buy in Mt. Laurel NJ as soon as the open! I got my pre-order and those bastards better have a console for me!

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
I'll be bringing my collapsible baton with me to the midnight launch. I'll have it in my big pea-coat so no one will notice. Never know though--the Gamestop is in a shoddy neighborhood.

xBuTcHeRx

I will be at BEST BUY, the one in WEST LA. border of SANTA MONICA, CA. Anyone else gonna be there? Need ppl to discuss this hype-trocity.

PS. I have friends who work the game department there and will/should have 45 extra PS4 consoles for those who didn't reserve it.

Gammacide

The one Gamestop (of many in the Lehigh Valley) near where I used to live (Emmaus, PA) is getting 110 or so I think the guy said, but they are all pre-ordered. He told me they are getting much fewer XBones, but if you reserved either you should be fine and are guaranteed to get one at launch. I'll be there after work to pre-pay and hang out and bask in the atmosphere til I can actually get it at midnight. I LOVE midnight launches. Too bad I live in Philly now though lol. That hour drive home is going to seem so much longer!! :-\

alba

Little is the new Big
I didn't have a preorder and now I'm getting my neighbour's one since he doesn't have the budget for it anymore. SCORE! :D

Wow. They must have thousands then. That is crazy. I wonder if this is an LA store thing only because if it's not, there may be a lot of extras for people after all.

Edit: For the poster above me. Welcome!

The contents of my message only apply to our store located in Century City mall :) Please feel free to invite your friends who may live in the LA area to stop by our store for the midnight launch or at 8:00am on Nov15th to grab the PS4 :)

kyoakuma

Banned
Be safe out there people.

igN0fRGI8gFTM.gif

Thank God i have a conceal permit.

My friend is going to try and get his hands on a PS4 without a preorder at Target. I will be waiting for mine at the gamestop which is adjacent to the Target parking lot. I wasn't able to get Friday off so I might just wait till after work to pick it up.

Naudi

Banned
So anyone going to midnight launch at gamestop in Hillsboro Oregon? My wife and I will be there or at the red Robin next door having some beverages if you want to meet up! :)

Anyone get a call from EB Stockyards in Toronto? I called last week and they told me they weren't sure what they were getting and that not to bother coming in to pickup my pre-order if they didn't call :(

I talk to the EB Stockyards location in Toronto quite a bit. They have 250 consoles coming in for about 300 preorders. The guy there told me that they might only be calling the people who aren't getting their consoles since that will be the shorter list.

When did you order?

I ordered in June and they said I'm definitely getting mine. I don't expect a call though.

kyoakuma

Banned
Be safe out there people.

igN0fRGI8gFTM.gif

What exactly are you insinuating? ...

im getting my shit, and if you fuck with me, you might end up staring down a barrel

in all seriousness, i carry with me everywhere i go when faced with these situations. Im gonna carry with me.

A. Large crowd
B. Might have to park a decent distance from the store
C. I like to feel protected.

im getting my shit, and if you fuck with me, you might end up staring down a barrel

in all seriousness, i carry with me everywhere i go when faced with these situations. Im gonna carry with me.

A. Large crowd
B. Might have to park a decent distance from the store
C. I like to feel protected.
Hope you don't accidentally bump into another dude like yourself in a crowded store with a bunch of kids around.

Honestly, if I pulled up to Gamestop and saw a crowd that large, I'd probably just head home. Not even worth it.
Same.

kyoakuma

Banned
Hope you don't accidentally bump into another dude like yourself in a crowded store with a bunch of kids around.

Same.

well it will be holstered, obviously to the letter of the law. I hope i never have to pull my weapon, simply because i only carry to protect myself.

Not to mention my safety is always on.

well it will be holstered, obviously to the letter of the law. I hope i never have to pull my weapon, simply because i only carry to protect myself.

Eh, sorry if I jumped down your throat a bit. As a Canadian, that's just a way of living that's totally foreign to me. Cultural thing.

Glad you're at least not one of those looking forward to using your weapon.

Jaroof

Well, my Best Buy isn't listed on the site, but I went in today to ask about midnight launch, and they confirmed to me that they were having one. So I'm good :)

Dart

If it makes you feel safe, fair enough. Just makes me nervous thinking people bring concealed weapons to these kinds of events. Knowing I'm not the one with the gun makes me a tad anxious & unsafe. It's hard to trust people.

Like others have said, if it gets that bad I'd probably pass, or wait.

Guess I know where I'm going.

kyoakuma

Banned
Eh, sorry if I jumped down your throat a bit. As a Canadian, that's just a way of living that's totally foreign to me. Cultural thing.

Glad you're at least not one of those looking forward to using your weapon.

lol no prob man. I have family in the police force and a family member in the fbi. I have been taught well

however, i am from Detroit, so ya. Its a trust issue i have with people.

Top Bottom