• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 134,000 units in Spain; The One fastest selling console called The One

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtj1092

In the US mostly I think since MS included a week or so of December sales.

You really think they sold 500k in the week following launch and black Friday? If they could logistically pull that off they would of had them available at launch or black Friday and sold 1 million plus in November NPD.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point, I'm wondering what are the real Xbox One's numbers WW.

quetz67

Banned
You really think they sold 500k in the week following launch and black Friday? If they could logistically pull that off they would of had them available at launch or black Friday and sold 1 million plus in November NPD.

A week in WW sales in December plus those 8 countries for the whole time should be enough to selll 500K.

Vitet

That character is Egyptian if I remember correctly.

it's been a long time since I've watched it.

1GRP6Q6.png

That doesn't sound much egyptian to me

Tbh, I just hope Sony is investing in bigger data farms as we speak. All these sales talk just makes me think of how slow the network is going to be soon as everyone tries to hop on at the same time.

jayu26

Where is this 2 million coming from? Did I miss an announcement? You would think MS would make a big deal about it. Also, it is do-able. But most of those would have been sold in US.

Syncytia

Not even news tbh. When I was there this was the reaction I got when I asked someone if he knew anyone with a 360:

blackadder-confused.gif

The section for Xbox in game stores was laughable there. It's not even a contender.

DonaldDuck

Neo Member
Oh dear that's even bigger than I thought.

Anecdotal evidence from last two days in Córdoba (a somewhat depressed city in south of Spain) is that xbo is stocked in respectable amounts in several commerces and that ps is available in shortest quantities.

Last gen saw a 3:1 ratio in favour of ps3 but piracy helped xts and was common to have two units, one rogue and other regular for online purposes.

Plus is helping doubtful buyers. It's great value for money. I see a great future for PlayStation here. But problem is... What about USA? Sony May be losing potential buyers there because not having enough stock...

Or maybe Banderas is spending his fortune buying every ps in Spain during Holidays...

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
This goes to show you that shipments have been pretty decent since launch, they've just been selling out immediately giving the impression that supply is low when really there's just a ton of demand.

I think we're going to see something similar in the US. December NPDs will at least match PS4's launch month in the US. I'm hoping they reach 1.5 million though.

1GRP6Q6.png

That doesn't sound much egyptian to me

He was born in Egypt according to lore and moved to Spain by the 15th Century and took that name. He's an Egyptian living in Spain but he obviously spent a lot of time in Scotland at some point ;)

On Topic: That's a crazy ratio so far. I knew Spain were going to be skewed towards Sony but not by that much, not even close.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Not surprised. Xbox has never had the promotion in shops compared the Playstation that I've ever seen in Spain.

I remember being in Mediamarkt and Xbox had a little corner of games and few bundles while Playstation had 2 long isles of hardware and games.

I'm curious to know what Sony is at in the other markets if they are at 134K in Spain. Like 400-500k in the uk?

I can't see it being 500k yet... only down to the fact that I don't think Sony has managed to restock the UK is such sufficient quantities rather than a demand there to make that so quickly. And/or Sony would have perhaps issued a new PR? But it should be somewhere around 400k give or take a few ten thousand units. It's certainly over 300k though and last week going off the software charts saw a nice batch of PS4 units hit the UK.

gtj1092

A week in WW sales in December plus those 8 countries for the whole time should be enough to selll 500K.

Possibly but the 500k for the US assumed 300k for the rest the world in that time frame. There is a 800k gap between the known sales and the number given by MS.

And seeing how the sales fell in Spain I don't doubt something similar played out across other European launch countries.

We'll never really know but just interesting to try and piece it together.

FranXico

In Portugal, Sony have been advertising the PlayStation brand insanely! Everywhere I go, big ads for the PS3 and PS4 all over the place. Every single big store I walk into has a GT6 demo cabinet, with people queuing to play it. Even the Vita is popular around here.

I have never seen Sony marketing PlayStation as aggressively as this Christmas here. I can't imagine the situation being any different in Spain.

Shin-Ra

Tbh, I just hope Sony is investing in bigger data farms as we speak. All these sales talk just makes me think of how slow the network is going to be soon as everyone tries to hop on at the same time.
PS3 in addition to PS4 downloads are much faster for me since PS4 launch.

Used to be 1.5 to 2.5MB/sec on PS3. Now it's 4MB or so on both.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I can't see it being 500k yet... only down to the fact that I don't think Sony has managed to restock the UK is such sufficient quantities rather than a demand there to make that so quickly. And/or Sony would have perhaps issued a new PR? But it should be somewhere around 400k give or take a few ten thousand units. It's certainly over 300k though and last week going off the software charts saw a nice batch of PS4 units hit the UK.

500K is pretty likely.

They sold 250K in week one, so if we just use a linear extrapolation based upon Spain's numbers, that would place UK sales at a tad over 400K, with one less week of tracking.

And I expect Sony is going to primarily be stuffing the US/UK markets in December over countries like Spain, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them be over 500K in the UK at this point.

PS3 in addition to PS4 downloads are much faster for me since PS4 launch.

Used to be 1.5 to 2.5MB/sec on PS3. Now it's 4MB or so on both.

My downloads are fast right now but I'm hoping they stay that way. It's a two Lane freeway right now until traffic hits. When that will come? Hopefully we never see it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The best MS can hope for is a 50/50 share in the US and UK. Probably not even worth trying anywhere else

Hydrargyrus

Not surprised. Xbox has never had the promotion in shops compared the Playstation that I've ever seen in Spain.

I remember being in Mediamarkt and Xbox had a little corner of games and few bundles while Playstation had 2 long isles of hardware and games.

Wait...

Haven't you see the milliards of awful green advertising across all the cities in Spain?

The shops promotes what they think it's going to be more profitable, but Xbone has one of the biggest marketing campaigns I remember, pretty bigger than the PS4's one

Valkyria

Banned
Wait...

Haven't you see the milliards of awful green advertising across all the cities in Spain?

The shops promotes what they think it's going to be more profitable, but Xbone has one of the biggest marketing campaigns I remember, pretty bigger than the PS4's one

True, even on TV. With payed "programs" (hazte un videojuego) that are nothing more than a long advertisement. Ms tried, but that's it.

Truespeed

The best MS can hope for is a 50/50 share in the US and UK. Probably not even worth trying anywhere else

The UK is a lost cause. The US is a lost cause. Their only hope now is to reduce the price of the console to $399 or make Kinect optional. It's not a question of whether they'll win or lose anymore, but rather how badly they'll lose now.

The UK is a lost cause. The US is a lost cause. Their only hope now is to reduce the price of the console to $399 or make Kinect optional. It's not a question of whether they'll win or lose anymore, but rather how badly they'll lose now.

Damn man it's only been a month since launch.

Piggus

That's pretty much the safe conclusion to draw here.

It's also a poor one considering MANY people have already pointed put that there is not a supply problem in Spain for the Xbone. They're easy to find.

People there (and lots of other places) want a PS4, not an Xbox. That's the reality and Microsoft is making a huge mistake by only focusing on the US (where they are also behind regardless.)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

There are signs that this COULD be the case but it's too early to set it in stone just yet.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

I agree, I was assuming they had turned it around as best they could with my first post. Out of curiosity how does the XB1 compare to the PS3? I know the price and launch times were different (in Europe anyway). That was seen as pretty disastrous but Sony turned it around eventually.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Isn't the Spanish economy totally wrecked right now?

Sylver

Banned

Yes, specially for micro numbers, but well nearly all big stores (FNAC, MediaMarkt and ElCorteInglés) let you pay the console in three or nine months, and that's what many people do.

All that said there's no more units 'til january 13th overhere.

ClearData

I guess that would make the sales figure more impressive, right? When you have only a certain amount of people in a bad economy able to purchase a luxury item and it performs well despite that then Sony is doing things well.

Though I suspect the $399 vs. $499 PS4 and Xbox One price differential is making the decision very easy for frugal Spaniards.

Racer1977

Do you have data on whether the xbox one supply that's not sold out is five times the amount that is? Because I seriously doubt that's the case, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if microsoft diverted supply to the UK and U.S over Spain.

The initial conclusion everyone came to when PS4's where nowhere to be seen, including the UK & US - while XBO was in decent supply - was Sony are somehow behind the game in their supply or stretched thinly.

As more figures come out - including the UK software charts were PS4 titles have risen in the charts & XBO titles fallen - is large amounts of PS4 stock is going into the system, but being sold out in no time at all.

I've seen it for myself in the UK, you've literally an hour at most to pick up a PS4 when a store (online or highstreet) gets stock. This is Xbox's second largest market, ad's are never off the TV, consoles have been available for 2-3 weeks, but the software charts aren't showing the bump PS4 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom