• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 134,000 units in Spain; The One fastest selling console called The One

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

I can't see it being 500k yet... only down to the fact that I don't think Sony has managed to restock the UK is such sufficient quantities rather than a demand there to make that so quickly. And/or Sony would have perhaps issued a new PR? But it should be somewhere around 400k give or take a few ten thousand units. It's certainly over 300k though and last week going off the software charts saw a nice batch of PS4 units hit the UK.

I should add here that a mate and I got ours on launch day. Three others wanted them in the following two weeks and got one without a pre order.

Sony Computer Entertainment España (SCEE) ha anunciado que PlayStation®4 (PS4™) ha alcanzado las 134.000 unidades vendidas en España, desde su lanzamiento el pasado 29 de noviembre hasta el día de ayer, domingo 22 de diciembre. Además el ratio de venta es 4.8 veces superior al de su más inmediata competencia.

The last sentence with the ratio thing is non existant on the press release published on the SCE Espana website, same thing for the spanish PlayStation Blog.

Did anyone here got a mail from SCE Espana with this sentence inside ? Did Sony decide to erase it at the last moment ? I would like to actually see this, otherwise I can't find an official source.

Jomjom

Banned
To be honest I don't think Microsoft gives two shits about countries like Spain. I mean the userbase makes up a negligible portion of their total userbase. I don't think anyone from MS is losing any sleep about this.

Into

To be honest I don't think Microsoft gives two shits about countries like Spain. I mean the userbase makes up a negligible portion of their total userbase. I don't think anyone from MS is losing any sleep about this.

Backwards way of thinking. You can say the same about every single European country, but when you combine the whole continent, you have the second biggest market in the world. Something similar was said last week when someone reported French sales and some guy blasted the french and the importance of the market.

Considering that MS has ZERO chance in Japan, Europe is the only market where they can possibly even sell this thing in. Either they gain a strong foothold in Europe or they will never be market leader, never, not in a million years.

I very much doubt Microsoft mission with the Xbox One is to be a local player on the US scene and that is it, they see themselves as big as Google and Apple, companies that do well in every corner of the earth.

Recently i am seeing more and more "America only matters" type posts, and what that tells me is that people realizing now that there is no chance that the Xbox One outsells the PS4 ww, so they are trying to downplay every other market bar NA.

Majmun

Exchange "Spain" with any other country besides NA.

To be honest, last gen they came in dead last WW, and only had the US and the UK to carry them. Now that they can at best hope for a tie in the US, and at this point are being outsold in the UK, it's a SONY WORLD after all.

sackboy_world_zps1b742b86.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If PS4 dominates outside of the US, but Xbox one does well there - how will it be portrayed, considering most of the gaming media is US-based?

EGM1966

Unless MS decided they only want to play in US they should. Unless MS can grow Xbox brand globally they're never going to dominate. So somebody should be alarmed they're apparently having to sacrifice so much lead outside US to protect that territory (I assume US is seeing by far the bulk of inventory at this point).

On the other hand I look at the XB1 as announced and wonder if they really did decide to take a step back and focus on US initially?

Either way you add up Spain, France, Germany, etc. and you get a market almost as large as the US market. Right now even if XB1 leads in US MS look like they will trail Sony worldwide by a fair margin due to weak European demand and presumably an even worse state of affairs in Japan when XB1 and PS4 launch there.

So why are americans stupid enough to buy xbone with the 100 dollar difference?

Because it's marketed to Americans. Do you know how many dudebros there are that love the NFL and call of duty?

Heck there's a bunch of dudebros on the PS4 too considering how ghosts sold except maybe they are cheaper dudebros.

Andvary

Because it's marketed to Americans. Do you know how many dudebros there are that love the NFL and call of duty?

Heck there's a bunch of dudebros on the PS4 too considering how ghosts sold except maybe they are cheaper dudebros.

I'd say smarter dudebros.

Bruno MB

This seems to be the original source although I have been trying unsuccessfully to find it on the efe.com website.

In that article James Armstrong doesn't say anything about the PS4-XBO ratio other than is the market where PS4 is comparatively doing better than the competition.

He says that they're losing 50.000 - 60.000 sales due to shortages since they won't be able to restock until January 13th. There are only around 20.000 units in stock.

He is confident that they can sell 500.000 PlayStation 4 consoles in its first 12 months.

Spain is the 7th most important market for Sony behind USA, Japan, UK, Germany, France and Canada.

He also gives sales data for the other Sony systems: Last week PS3 sold 25.000 units and apparently* (because I'm not too sure since it is poorly written) PS Vita sold 15.000.

*This sentence is missing a verb, I suppose they wanted to say: Ni con la PS3 ni con la PSVita, de la que la pasada semana (se vendieron) 15.000 máquinas, están teniendo problemas de abastecimiento.

"La semana pasada en España hemos vendido 25.000 PS3. Estamos muy contentos con la cifra", ha señalado, al tiempo que ha destacado que se trata de "una máquina apetitosa, con unas funciones fantásticas, más familiar y a un precio mucho más barato". Ni con la PS3 ni con la PSVita, de la que la pasada semana 15.000 máquinas, están teniendo problemas de abastecimiento.

If MS really thinks dudebros can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p they are in for a rude awakening this gen.

Jinko

Yup, I'm not surprised, I won't be surprised if the Xbones takes a beating in the UK towards the middle of this generation also.

Another attempt at downplaying a market where Xbox One is getting beat?

Spain is the 7th most important market for Sony behind USA, Japan, UK, Germany, France and Canada. <------- Relevance right there, senor.

This thread is kind of funny. First it went from the supply excuses then people came in here saying xbox is on shelves in Spain. Now it's well who cares about Spain.

Into

This thread is kind of funny. First it went from the supply excuses then people came in here saying xbox is on shelves in Spain. Now it's well who cares about Spain.

Indeed. I do not understand why its so necessary to "defend" something. Some of my favorite films were box office flops, so what, i am not going into a Box Office thread to defend their "honor" or anything, nor am i mad/irate that Transformers made more money than all of them combined.

Jinko

When does it reach beating status? Would the difference 360 over PS3 be it?

Something like that, or maybe the difference over PS2 and Xbox.

Considering the mistakes Sony made last gen I think they came away pretty lightly, looks like its MS's turn this time.

Atolm

If they keep releasing Japanese stuff in the West and dropping the price once in a while, they will pull another PS2 last years with the PS3 in Europe. Hell even PSP sells well with the Street version and cheap-ass games. And Vita isn't doing so bad here, that's how strong Sony's grip is over here.

Another attempt at downplaying a market where Xbox One is getting beat?

Spain is the 7th most important market for Sony behind USA, Japan, UK, Germany, France and Canada. <------- Relevance right there, senor.

He's just a shitty troll, last week he was insisting that Naughty Dog were going third party. Just put him on your ignore list and forget he exists.

IN&OUT

Banned
So are they on track for 3 mil globally this month?

I firmly believe that Sony already passed 3m mark comfortably. I'm guessing 3.6 by end of Dec.

Remember that 2.1m figure was in Dec 1st, and it only included US sales + 1 dau EU sales. now that Sony launched in Asia/ME and restocked US/EU, I really believe that they are inching closer to 4m by now.

stalker

That's uh... a pretty decisive victory. I have no frame of reference for Spain though -- is 134,000 units good?

From what I remember the Gamecube sold less than 300K in all its lifetime. Not the most relevant comparison but I would say that yes, above 100K for launch is good here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom