• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 134,000 units in Spain; The One fastest selling console called The One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if PS4 dominates much of Europe and Asia (not to mention other parts of the world), how well the Xbox One can fare?

They can't thrive on NA alone, can they? Survive? Yes! Thrive? Doubtful!

Steroyd

Maybe. Don't get me wrong I'd have enjoyed if the PS4 launch was even bigger than it was. I wish Sony would have gauged the hype a little better though especially after E3's win. It's just amazing to me that The One has been able to keep up like it has given where it came from as far as PR. I just wish it could've maintained its original iteration. It'd probably sell even more.

They would have got steamrolled as bad as the Wii U if they did that, pre-orders are what changed MS vision of the console in the first place.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Maybe. Don't get me wrong I'd have enjoyed if the PS4 launch was even bigger than it was. I wish Sony would have gauged the hype a little better though especially after E3's win. It's just amazing to me that The One has been able to keep up like it has given where it came from as far as PR. I just wish it could've maintained its original iteration. It'd probably sell even more.

Ok, you are trolling. I can tell because you call it The One.

stryke

0Do we have ps4 or xbone numbers for us yet? Or even ps3 or 360?

Xbox One claimed "highest launch week" with ~65k units confirmed by NPD. No idea how the PS4 is doing.

In general, PS3 appears to be doing better. Last year COD sold better on that platform.

Both 360 and PS3 are well over 1 million in Australia.

SnakeEyes

Banned
am i missing here?

USA: Sony is winning
Canada: Sony is winning
Mexico: We dont know but i bet Sony is winning
UK: Sony is winning
Spain: Sony is winning
France: Sony is winning
Germany: Sony is winning
Portugal: Sony is winning
Netherlands: Sony is winning

What the fuck are you talking about?
Add New Zealand to that list - PS4 is kicking the Xbone's ass something fierce down here.

am i missing here?

Dude, none of these markets matter! The ps4 is getting beat in the most important markets!
Oh man, this thread just turned awesome.

So Sony hasn't gotten another big shipment into the u.s yet? I thought Amazons and wallmart's restock we're significant. Did ms really ship that many more units?

NeoROCK

I wouldn't be surprised even if PS4 sold more than Xbone in Brazil. heard that Brazilian flooded neighbor countries just to get PS4.

Wait until PLAYSTATION 4 is plastered all over soccer fields during 2014's World Cup in Brazil.

Sony is an official sponsor :)

Oh... and Champions League is about to start soon too.

1369512201-ps4.jpg

shem935

Banned
So Sony hasn't gotten another big shipment into the u.s yet? I thought Amazons and wallmart's restock we're significant. Did ms really ship that many more units?

I mean they have to win somewhere. If Sony launches in more countries (32vs13), out ships them in competing territories, and outsells them in all of those countries anywhere along the lines of this ratio then that is bad.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well, yes. Sony severely underestimated the demand for the PS4 and supply has been lackluster to say the least. Microsoft did a great job anticipating demand for The One and it's been paying big dividends. Sales in countries like Spain isn't as important.
:D

Possibly, but the proof is in the pudding. I agree, the PS4 demand is strong, maybe the strongest we've seen, but Sony was grossly unprepared for it and they'll trail in major territories as a result. You'll see come January when NPD is released; The One will be ahead of the game, pun intended.

The receipts..

I can't wait to see them.

shem935

Banned
Wait until PLAYSTATION 4 is plastered all over soccer fields during 2014's World Cup.

Sony is an official sponsor :)

Oh... and Champions League is about to start soon too.

Has the ps4 price issue been fixed yet? I feel like it won't sell at all until it is.

Ishan

checks tread 1st page. Oh yeah this should be obvious europe is sony land next thread . checks latest page with tommy comments. f5 f5 f5.

reKon

Banned
I like these threads because I patiently wait for the first person to try to spin this so I can laugh at them.

Well, yes. Sony severely underestimated the demand for the PS4 and supply has been lackluster to say the least. Microsoft did a great job anticipating demand for The One and it's been paying big dividends. Sales in countries like Spain isn't as important.

Lol, I thought for a little while that this thread would lack someone, but GAF always delivers the goods.

Tommy, I need you to tell if us you're actually trolling or not... for your sake.

Lol, I thought for a little while that this thread would lack someone, but GAF always delivers the goods.

Tommy, I need you to tell if us you're actually trolling or not... for your sake.

I hope it's real. Makes it all much funnier to know someone out there thinks this way.

Truespeed

am i missing here?

Yes, the Vatican by a land slide.

shem935

Banned
Nope, and it's not as easy as it sounds to fix these kind of stuff.

Anyway, grey market Ps4s will dominate the sales of Ps4 in the region.

Yeah I bet :/

Could they just leave a screw out of the assembly and import the almost finished product, put the screw, and claim it was manufactured in brazil? Probably wouldn't work. Stupid import tariffs.

NeoROCK

Europe is arguably a more important territory than North America.

$399 USD = $399 USD

€399 Euros = $546.55 USD

£349 GBP = $570.72 USD

Sony is making significantly more money on every console sold in Europe and Britain (in comparison to North America). You can bet your ass that all those European countries "count" to MS and Sony.

Truespeed

Yeah I bet :/

Could they just leave a screw out of the assembly and import the almost finished product, put the screw, and claim it was manufactured in brazil? Probably wouldn't work. Stupid import tariffs.

Not manufactured, but assembled. That is what MS is doing in Brazil I think.

Yoday

You can't be serious. Anyone claiming this for either console is either trolling, or has not been alive long enough to remember past console launches. The supply for both consoles has been orders of magnitude better than any console launch in history.

Replicant

am i missing here?

Maybe he meant "Australia will save Xbone"?

Unlikely tbh. Demand for Xbone isn't that extraordinary here despite the much publicized early stock sold through and PS4 lack of availability.

Truespeed

You can't be serious. Anyone claiming this for either console is either trolling, or has not been alive long enough to remember past console launches. The supply for both consoles has been orders of magnitude better than any console launch in history.

Cut him some slack. He's in the first stage of grieving. Anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance will follow shortly.

Mrbob

Europe is arguably a more important territory than North America.

$399 USD = $399 USD

€399 Euros = $546.55 USD

£349 GBP = $570.72 USD

Sony is making significantly more money on every console sold in Europe and Britain (in comparison to North America). You can bet your ass that all those European countries "count" to MS and Sony.

I don't disagree with your point, but I hate when I see non taxed prices vs prices that already include tax. Now tax varies from a county within state, and the range is roughly 5 to 11 percent. So technically the USA price is 430 to 460.

NeoROCK

I don't disagree with your point, but I hate when I see non taxed prices vs prices that already include tax. Now tax varies from a county within state, and the range is roughly 5 to 11 percent. So technically the USA price is 430 to 460.

You are correct. I forgot prices in Europe already include tax, whereas North American prices don't include the tax.

But the point still stands.

$550 > $450

IN&OUT

Banned

God bless Amazon !

two days free shipping + tax free (most states I guess).

flak57

I don't disagree with your point, but I hate when I see non taxed prices vs prices that already include tax. Now tax varies from a county within state, and the range is roughly 5 to 11 percent. So technically the USA price is 400 to 460.

Fixed for us Oregon residents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom