• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 134,000 units in Spain; The One fastest selling console called The One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I firmly believe that Sony already passed 3m mark comfortably. I'm guessing 3.6 by end of Dec.

Remember that 2.1m figure was in Dec 1st, and it only included US sales + 1 dau EU sales. now that Sony launched in Asia/ME and restocked US/EU, I really believe that they are inching closer to 4m by now.
Sony predicted 5 mil by the end of March 2014. I'm guessing 3 mil by the end of this month (3.6 seems pretty optimistic). That gives them 3 months to get 2 more mil. Should be doable if they have enough supply and have a big Japanese launch.

Xbox sales are still doing well during the launch period, next year will be very interesting.

I think the PS4 is selling maybe around 230k per week while The One is closer to 240k simply because there are just more available. Do I think the PS4 would be well ahead if Sony supplied as many consoles as Microsoft? Certainly. However they are, in relative terms, supply constrained when compared to demand and The One is capitalizing on that. When someone goes to a store for a PS4 and there are none they are likely to get a One IMO. I wonder how many folks have gotten The One because the PS4 wasn't available.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
TaTdV.gif

This gif is fantastic.

To be honest, last gen they came in dead last WW, and only had the US and the UK to carry them. Now that they can at best hope for a tie in the US, and at this point are being outsold in the UK, it's a SONY WORLD after all.

sackboy_world_zps1b742b86.jpg

at least they won't be dead last this time around :)

Beant

I think the PS4 is selling maybe around 230k per week while The One is closer to 240k simply because there are just more available. Do I think the PS4 would be well ahead if Sony supplied as many consoles as Microsoft? Certainly. However they are, in relative terms, supply constrained when compared to demand and The One is capitalizing on that. When someone goes to a store for a PS4 and there are none they are likely to get a One IMO. I wonder how many folks have gotten The One because the PS4 wasn't available.

I think Sony would be very happy if The PlayStation 4 was only 40k behind in the month of December (we are only talking U.S right? Since that is the only territory that matters...) considering they launched in Asia and The PlayStation 4 is now available in 48 countries world wide. That would mean they still have a ~200k lead in Microsoft's stronghold and a much larger lead worldwide.

Finalizer

For what it's worth, some local stores I've checked out recently - Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop - have all had Xbones in stock (usually a good 5+), without a single PS4 in sight. Didn't go so far as to ask about stock or anything, so if they had PS4s hidden away somewhere I don't know.

So there's my pre-Christmas anecdotal contribution.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread for this, heh.

I wonder how many folks have gotten The One because the PS4 wasn't available.

Far fewer than you'd like to believe, for sure.

Ishan

Not sure how accurate this is . Early sales are from early adopters who are normally particular about what they want . Am I saying there are no ppl who pick something else up instead ? No but say me for example I've been lookin for a ps4 cause I was stupid enough not to preorder . Am I shifting to Xbox nope. My attitude is more like yeah I'll get it later more games will be out anyway .

Yeah I would have if I was planning on buying both sure . But I've planned on one and it's ps4 and shortage isn't makin me change my mind . Yeah if they have super shortage for a year or more I'll think about it . Or even the just buy a legacy console .

Cant you both be crazy?

That could be, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 1.5m in Dec NPD. I think Sony shipped alot more than people are expecting. I'm also curious to see how many think MS will sell more or less than they did in November. MS did 909k, and I think most people are expecting them to sell more than that, 1.2? 1.3? But there are also many that think Sony will outsell them, I personally expect Sony to beat them by about 200~300k. But who knows? Maybe MS will sell less that 909k and Sony does 1.2m, then again I could be crazy, either way gaf will melt come NPD.

Nafai1123

Banned

I hope you realize that by calling it "The One" you are putting a scarlet letter on any posts of relevance you might have. MS was just HOPING that people would use that moniker, despite it being the most pretentious, transparent PR-speak that we have ever known in the history of consumer electronics. They might as well have called it the GOD Console FFS.

Ishan

I don't think gaf is really going to melt anytime soon . I think ps4 will win . But it'll steadily built up momentum .... My opinion is most meltdowns were pre launch . Drm price resogate etc . Now that the consoles are out and incremental reveals will come they will keep getting spun etc (by both sides) .

Some awesome halo5 or uncharted leak tho is another story :)

Edit : on that note I want more leaks . Hmm glad was part of the pre launch things .... Cause new information has been pretty dead since resogate .... And even that was more technical .... Someone leak info about a new game already !!!

reKon

Banned
It would be seriously funny if PS3 outsold Wii in the end. It's far fetched but not impossible at all.

It will have long legs with that kind of game library and at a $150 price point with Blu-ray as the standard and the ability to play Amazon Prime Video/Netflix. In developing countries, this will sell like hot cakes. The only issue is that during that gen, it had strong competition from the Xbox to the point that there are still people today who don't think that Playstation doesn't have any good games under its brand.

Also, if Gai Kai becomes a big thing, that could potential hurt PS3 sales.

With that said, PS3 probably surpasses the Wii, but well short of PS2.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
When someone goes to a store for a PS4 and there are none they are likely to get a One IMO. I wonder how many folks have gotten The One because the PS4 wasn't available.

While I've seen it happen, in my anecdotal experience it's been few and far between. Don't underestimate people's desire to save $100 and willingness to wait in order to do so. Especially when the power gap is in the PS4's favor, something more and more customers seem to be aware of in my experience.

Ishan

It will have long legs with that kind of game library and at a $150 price point with Blu-ray as the standard and the ability to play Amazon Prime Video/Netflix. In developing countries, this will sell like hot cakes. The only issue is that during that gen, it had strong competition from the Xbox to the point that there are still people today who don't think that Playstation doesn't have any good games under is brand.

Also, if Gai Kai becomes a big thing, that could potential hurt PS3 sales.

With that said, PS3 probably surpasses the Wii, but well short of PS2.

Developing countries = bandwidth constraint = gaikai won't be a factor for a while .

noobie

Banned
To be honest I don't think Microsoft gives two shits about countries like Spain. I mean the userbase makes up a negligible portion of their total userbase. I don't think anyone from MS is losing any sleep about this.

if thats the case then they should not have put it in exclusive 13 club.. rather they should have replaced it with a country which is more important to them.. because they are not going to win where they are going to launch late

Based on the thread title, I thought this was going to be news about the PS4 bombing in Spain. Apparently not.

Well played, OP, well played.

jakncoke

Banned
When it hits the mystical $99 (crazy it's been 7+ years), I can image it's got a clear shot.

A $99 netflix/blu-ray capable game machine? Sounds like a no brainer.

Will it even hit 99 though, Im starting to think 149 will be the lowest it goes. Unrelated last weekend my wal mart had a shelf of like 40 of the 199 12 gb version. I was pretty startled to see so many because my particular wal mart is pretty ghetto and hardly stocks consoles

When it hits the mystical $99 (crazy it's been 7+ years), I can image it's got a clear shot.

A $99 netflix/blu-ray capable game machine? Sounds like a no brainer.
is this even possible? Ps3 is a more complex hardware compared to ps2. There's probably a limit to how small and how low the form factor and price can be pushed.

quetz67

Banned
Sony predicted 5 mil by the end of March 2014. I'm guessing 3 mil by the end of this month (3.6 seems pretty optimistic). That gives them 3 months to get 2 more mil. Should be doable if they have enough supply and have a big Japanese launch.

Xbox sales are still doing well during the launch period, next year will be very interesting.

Sony was able to resupply 68% in spain after the 10th compared to what they shipped (sold) before. If you apply that percentage to the 2.1M number wordwide it would be 3.52M now - and I don't really see them favor spain over the rest of europe or over the US.

I think their 5M prediction for March is pretty meaningless. I guess they didn't expect to be able to sell out for the whole period - or at least would not officially say so and rather please than disappoint stockholders.

shem935

Banned

I think, I think, I think and one I wonder.

Edit: OOOhhh and an IMO. Thats a valid metric

GhaleonEB

Feel free to call the Xbox One what you will, but you might as well be putting a (TM) behind it given your current choice.

TTSupra

Banned

Um no. If Walmart is out of stock on my Coco Puffs, Hell will freeze over before I pick up Coco Pebbles instead.

Sony was able to resupply 68% in spain after the 10th compared to what they shipped (sold) before. If you apply that percentage to the 2.1M number wordwide it would be 3.52M now - and I don't really see them favor spain over the rest of europe or over the US.

I think their 5M prediction for March is pretty meaningless. I guess they didn't expect to be able to sell out for the whole period - or at least would not officially say so and rather please than disappoint stockholders.
I don't doubt they could sell 3.5-3.6m this month, just not sure if they shipped that many units. At least 3m is safe because it accounts for 500k shipped to US and 500k for "asian launch", and accounts for possible unit stockpiling for nearby launches in more countries. I'm guessing 3.1-3.2 mil by end of the year.

quetz67

Banned

I rellay don't know where do you get those numbers from, the only known facts about supply are:

- In Europe Sony is not even shipping enough to satisfy preorder numbers. But spain shows this is not because of low resupply but because of insane pre(orders).

- In the US Sony was finally able to ship at least those Amazon preorders and supplied them enough to sell a few 10 thousands on top of that recently. Doesn't sound like extremly low supply as some want it be the case.

I think the XBO will outsell the PS4 on next months NPD... but only because it seems that MS has sent out a lot more boxes than Sony has in the U.S.

That and Microsoft has done WAY more advertising lately.

I'm curious which console makers are gonna have a commercial during the Super Bowl. I'll be surprised if there's not a Microsoft commercial during it (probably with Titanfall), but I wonder if Sony has enough confidence to put up the money for an ad. An Infamous: Second Son commercial, ESPECIALLY if the Seahawks make the Super Bowl, would probably do amazing for them.

Chobel

Where the hell are getting these numbers from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom