• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Randolph Carter (recurring Lovecraft character) is a character in Code Name: STEAM

butalala

Edgar Allen Poe should be a character! :O

Randolph is essentially a stand in for Lovecraft himself, so that probably fulfills the horror-writer quotient. Maybe in the sequel? Maybe a cameo?

Ok, my character wishlist (most of them are international though)

Wyatt Earp

We definitely need a cowboy up in this.

My personal dream choice is Conan the Cimarrion. Make a wizard to open a time portal or something, I don't care how they get him in the picture, just do it.

Neiteio

Randolph is essentially a stand in for Lovecraft himself, so that probably fulfills the horror-writer quotient. Maybe in the sequel? Maybe a cameo
In the pantheon of great horror writers, Lovecraft was basically Poe's successor. Might as well have both.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's a shame the art style in this game is so gross to me. I bet I woulda been interested in it if they had done something.. completely different.

Neiteio

It's a shame the art style in this game is so gross to me. I bet I woulda been interested in it if they had done something.. completely different.
Most of the impressions I've been reading say the game's style looks great in person. Seems like when you see it in person on a 3DS, at the appropriate resolution rather than all blown up, it works really well.

Kid Icarus Uprising looks like ass in screenshots but looks gorgeous in person, so I'm willing to go into this with an open mind.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Most of the impressions I've been reading say the game's style looks great in person. Seems like when you see it in person on a 3DS, at the appropriate resolution rather than all blown up, it works really well.

Kid Icarus Uprising looks like ass in screenshots but looks gorgeous in person, so I'm willing to go into this with an open mind.

Eh, Kid Dick looks gorgeous to me be it screen or video. I am just not on board with the blocky gaudy comic book stylings here. Paired with super-stiff animations, the whole thing just feels unpleasant. Not My Thang.

Lunar15

I'm still not really sold on the character models, and the in-game art is still questionable. However, I can say that after seeing the demo in person, the presentation is much better than I expected. It works much better in motion.

It's still not going to win over the people who are severely turned off by it, but as someone who was merely "eh" on it, it ended up surprising me at least a little bit.

Music is stellar. Good stuff inside.

Randolph is essentially a stand in for Lovecraft himself, so that probably fulfills the horror-writer quotient. Maybe in the sequel? Maybe a cameo?

We definitely need a cowboy up in this.

My personal dream choice is Conan the Cimarrion. Make a wizard to open a time portal or something, I don't care how they get him in the picture, just do it.

Well, the Fire Emblem gang somehow manage to stumble onto the stage swanging their swords in the air like they just don't care - so - anything is possible. Summon forth the Cinnamon Barbarian!

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky

8d0.gif

oxacillin

Banned
For another obscure character related to Randolph tangentially, Tatsuya Suou should show up and they have a crossover with P1 and P2.

As an aside, I don't get the hate for this game or its art? Is it the lack of anime or the attempt western comic style?

Vaddon

Man, an Iwata Asks for this game would have been absolutely amazing. It must be fascinating to know how the game and its entire concept was approved, it seemingly came out of nowhere.

Yeah, back to dream characters and a cowboy in particular it has to be Pecos Bill. Has to be. Not much in the way of literature but harnessing the power of a tornado with a rattlesnake lasso is about as pseudo-steampunk as a wobbly-legged cowpoke is going to get. The game already has the animal / weapon hybrid design happening also. Widow-Maker (his horse) could be a robot or something. Fool was raised by coyotes so you know he is hard.

Neiteio

Yeah, back to dream characters and a cowboy in particular it has to be Pecos Bill. Has to be. Not much in the way of literature but harnessing the power of a tornado with a rattlesnake lasso is about as pseudo-steampunk as a wobbly-legged cowpoke is going to get. The game already has the animal / weapon hybrid design happening also. Widow-Maker (his horse) could be a robot or something. Fool was raised by coyotes so you know he is hard.
This sounds perfect

So are we getting only american and english literature characters, or also other languages? Becuase I want Phineas Fog or Passeportout from Around the world in 80 days and Don Quijote from El Quijote de la Mancha, if there are Fire Emblem characters, for god there can be other medieval figures!

Had zero interest... then a little interest... and now I'm starting to get really interested... Nintendo may have something here, too bad it likely will sell bad -_-

Neiteio

I just realized... the aliens are made of ice, which is frozen water... and you're fighting them with steam, which is evaporated water... :-O

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This is the first thing I've seen about the game since the announcement.

I'm real confused right about now.

TheMoon

So are we getting only american and english literature characters, or also other languages? Becuase I want Phineas Fog or Passeportout from Around the world in 80 days and Don Quijote from El Quijote de la Mancha, if there are Fire Emblem characters, for god there can be other medieval figures!

The characters we know about now are it. Unless they randomly hid a bunch more which is incredibly unlikely because they showed off everyone at the reveal already, even if they didn't say who they were.

This is the first thing I've seen about the game since the announcement.

I'm real confused right about now.

There has been plenty coverage since then though. Not sure why you're confused.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Poe seems like either a must-have character, or a lucrative DLC idea.

Also, Jane Eyre. In an ironic twist, this "plain" character is all tits and female body armor.

Why Poe, when everyone else are fictional characters...it should be one of his characters. I thought Auguste Dupin, his detective character, would be a cool idea. And give him a trained ape as a sidekick.

Neiteio

Why Poe, when everyone else are fictional characters...it should be one of his characters. I thought Auguste Dupin, his detective character, would be a cool idea. And give him a trained ape as a sidekick.
Because Poe himself could embody his entire body of work.

Proximity mines shaped like hearts, hidden under floorboards!

A red masked robot that does suicide runs into enemy territory!

A raven that scouts out enemy territory and is very disagreeable!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The characters we know about now are it. Unless they randomly hid a bunch more which is incredibly unlikely because they showed off everyone at the reveal already, even if they didn't say who they were.

There has been plenty coverage since then though. Not sure why you're confused.

Because it looked interesting but I don't have a 3DS so I don't care to follow anything about it. The title caught my eye.

Dr. Buni

That is neat. I played the demo and the game is really fun. I am even starting to dig the art style :) Plus, the music is really nice, though not exactly memorable.

Finally an Intelligent Systems game that isn't absolutely horse shit for the 3DS :)

Clunker

Can't wait to try the demo tonight on this. If I could add any literary character to this, I think Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird would be a good get.

He'd be a sniper, for obvious reasons.

Everything about this game sounds amazing. Too bad I don't really like strategy games, but if they keep this up I'll probably buy it on principle alone as a "thank you for existing" gesture.

Top Bottom