• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebecca Black & Dave Days cover of Rihanna's "Stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

That actually wasn't too bad. Possibly edited heavily?

Either way, that guy playing the guitar definitely giving off the creeper vibe.
What's the deal with everyone being creepy to you?

It's creepy.

Anyway, I actually love this track, it's a fantastic ballad. But that's probably more down to the songwriter (Micky Ekko?) than Rihanna.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If she wants the fame, she needs another Friday. Being a typical singer won't get you far.

For some reason it would be funny if she actually was singing good and still making Friday-level songs.

sqwarlock

Pretty good voice.
I wonder if it was auto-tuned.

Now continue wasting that ability on trying to be a pop-shitter. :p

In regards to the auto-tune: Is it pop music? The answer is always yes.

EDIT: Now that I'm actually listening to it, it sounds like the guy's voice is more altered than hers. There's a few artifacts that I can pick up, especially in the held notes at the end of the song, but otherwise it's not really obvious what's been done to her voice.

sqwarlock

After listening to this video, I don't think it's as absolute as you think it is.

Not to burst your bubble, but auto tuning software and other vocal effects are just as effective live as they are in a studio. Not saying specifically what she's using, but I'd be shocked if there's no processing at all.

NinjaBoiX

The timing is too straight/uniform, there is none of the gentle pauses or subtle cadence shifts of the original, but her voice sounds fine.

6/10

dejay

Banned
I bought her second song on iTunes for shits and giggles - I wanted to keep her in the industry because the thought amused me.

While this isn't as funny as I'd hoped, it isn't a bad effort, but there are plenty of youtube artists that sound as good or better.

NinjaBoiX

I bought her second song on iTunes for shits and giggles - I wanted to keep her in the industry because the thought amused me.

While this isn't as funny as I'd hoped, it isn't a bad effort, but there are plenty of youtube artists that sound as good or better.
It's absolutely fine, just a really flat, bland rendition, not helped by the dudes thoroughly dull guitar playing. Rebecca certainly isn't the problem on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom