• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report : Spider-Man Homecoming will feature Pepper Potts

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Spider-Man is one of the A-List super heroes. It would be like if DC made a Superman movie where Batman was shoehorned into the fi...oh my God...

So what you are saying is look forward to that Spidey funeral scene? Do you think they will lower his casket with webs?

Hold on, Tony is in the first act of the story. People say the just saw the whole movie in the trailer, yet can't discern the whole first act being, villain intro, Tony mentoring Peter about new villain, Vulture attacks ship because Peter is careless, ship gets destroyed. Tony has to help put ship together, then lectures Peter about suit. Takes suit away. Where is Tony in the second or third act?

I thought people watched the whole movie in the trailer.

That's what we've been saying. This isn't a Spider-Man and Iron Man team up movie. Iron Man is there to jumpstart Peter's character arc in this movie. It's a movie about a young Spider-Man who has to prove himself on his own and without the fancy tech Stark handed to him. Tony will definitely appear again in the movie but the story is primarily focused on Peter, as it should be. The complaints about Tony highjacking the movie are overreactions.

LionPride

Banned
Hold on, Tony is in the first act of the story. People say the just saw the whole movie in the trailer, yet can't discern the whole first act being, villain intro, Tony mentoring Peter about new villain, Vulture attacks ship because Peter is careless, ship gets destroyed. Tony has to help put ship together, then lectures Peter about suit. Takes suit away. Where is Tony in the second or third act?

People don't critically think sometimes *shrug*

do you have a source where they make this actual "promise"? because they haven't kept up with it in regards to the tv shows. as for Cap, Iron Man is the 2nd most important character after him in his own movie, might as well be front and center alongside cap especially with the way the film was marketed - it was not at all marketed as captain america 3 what with all the hashtag team cap and hashtag team iron man

Iron Man posed as an antagonist to Cap. Cap is the one conflicted with dilemma to make the choice of which side he falls on. The rest of the team already made the choice. Cap's close friends were there for his support. Tony's side was there as the antagonists to Cap's story.

Baron Zemo is there to cause a rift between Cap and Tony. Why because Tony is Cap's friend, they run the Avengers together, and this movie is about Cap and his choices having consequences with his friends. Not Tony and his choices having consequences with his friends.

Glass Rebel

Don't worry, it's just two dumb complaints colliding and creating an even dumber complaint.

Iron Man posed as an antagonist to Cap. Cap is the one conflicted with dilemma to make the choice of which side he falls on. The rest of the team already made the choice. Cap's close friends were there for his support. Tony's side was there as the antagonists to Cap's story.
He didn't pass as the antagonist the promo for this movie was made to look like cap and iron man were equally important characters with the hashtag team cap/iron man

in the audience there's a mixture of people who view cap as right and iron man as wrong and vice versa i watched it in queens everybody shouted when QUEENS was on the screen and there were people just randomly shouting stuff like Team Iron Man! literally.

Baron Zemo is there to cause a rift between Cap and Tony. Why because Tony is Cap's friend, they run the Avengers together, and this movie is about Cap and his choices having consequences with his friends. Not Tony and his choices having consequences with his friends.
exactly so the only real main antagonist in this movie is him. As for the bolded, this whole movie had an important arc for Iron Man while it wasn't about consequences with his friends it was about the haunting he's had of his parents' death. This arc was an important plot point from beginning to end of the film, just like cap's arc

He didn't pass as the antagonist the promo for this movie was made to look like cap and iron man were equally important characters with the hashtag team cap/iron man

in the audience there's a mixture of people who view cap as right and iron man as wrong and vice versa i watched it in queens everybody shouted when QUEENS was on the screen and there were people just randomly shouting stuff like Team Iron Man! literally.

exactly so the only real main antagonist in this movie is him. As for the bolded, this whole movie had an important arc for Iron Man while it wasn't about consequences with his friends it was about the haunting he's had of his parents' death. This arc was an important plot point from beginning to end of the film, just like cap's arc

yah and you could say it was a revenge story for Baron Zemo as well. So is Baron Zemo the main character? Is this a Baron Zemo and Avengers movie?

yah and you could say it was a revenge story for Baron Zemo as well. So is Baron Zemo the main character? Is this a Baron Zemo and Avengers movie?
huh? no

my point is this was a massive crossover story involving two teams of superheroes led by captain america and iron man. just like in the comics

huh? no

my point is this was a massive crossover story involving two teams of superheroes led by captain america and iron man. just like in the comics

yes with BP and Tony being the villains. Baron Zemo is considered the villain why? Because his revenge mission led to him killing people. But what if he didn't cause collateral damage? Would he still be the villain?

BP at the beginning is the villain why? Because he wants to KILL Bucky, Tony becomes the villain at the end why? Because he wants to KILL Bucky. If Baron Zemo is the villain because his revenge mission led to dead people, how does Tony or BP wanting to kill a person not make them a villain?

The Avengers were a plot device. Tony is a plot device. Cap's decisions are what move the plot along. He is the one facing conflicts throughout the movie. Not Tony handling his conflicts for him, while SM just sits there and watches.

Like in Spider-Man, Tony will just be a plot device, a conflict to Peter and his coming of age. SM's decisions and actions will move the plot along. The movie will be about SM how he handles the conflicts posed to him.

yes with BP and Tony being the villains. Baron Zemo is considered the villain why? Because his revenge mission led to him killing people. But what if he didn't cause collateral damage? Would he still be the villain?

BP at the beginning is the villain why? Because he wants to KILL Bucky, Tony becomes the villain at the end why? Because he wants to KILL Bucky. If Baron Zemo is the villain because his revenge mission led to dead people, how does Tony or BP wanting to kill a person not make them a villain?

The Avengers were a plot device. Tony is a plot device. Cap's decisions are what move the plot along. He is the one facing conflicts throughout the movie. Not Tony.

Like in Spider-Man, Tony will just be a plot device, a conflict to Peter and his coming of age. SM's decisions and actions will move the plot along. The movie will be about SM how he handles the conflicts posed to him.
i don't agree with any of that stuff, with reasons i've already stated. and i definitely know i'm not the only one who thinks that way in fact the vast majority if not damn near ALL the people i've talked to in real life about this movie shares my perspective.

there's no point in typing it out so can we agree to disagree?

i don't agree with any of that stuff, with reasons i've already stated. and i definitely know i'm not the only one who thinks that way in fact the vast majority if not damn near ALL the people i've talked to in real life about this movie shares my perspective.

there's no point in typing it out so can we agree to disagree?

Fine. But the SM trailer only shows Tony in the first arc. So I don't know where you are getting the correlation between Civil War and this movie.

Fine. But the SM trailer only shows Tony in the first arc. So I don't know where you are getting the correlation between Civil War and this movie.
if you follow our chain of convos the my response to the guy originally that you ended up quoting me on was just about the MCU's flaws in being a shared universe, and tony's and cap's roles in cap3 in general.

it didn't have to with iron man in this movie or in the trailer, or even the fact that pepper is included in the movie either

People's issue with Stark playing a large role in the MCU is astonishing. It's straight out of the comics and makes sense thematically. He bankrolls the Avengers, especially after SHIELD got gutted. He's an egotist and involves himself in everything he can (the character, not RDJ). He was the "first" hero. Plus, people like RDJ and it puts asses in the seats. It also answers people's requests for a young Spidey that wouldn't need rebooted in 2-3 movies - a young Spidey needs a mentor, who better than the MCU's leading man? Especially now that Cap & co are AWOL.

People's issue with Stark playing a large role in the MCU is astonishing. It's straight out of the comics and makes sense thematically. He bankrolls the Avengers, especially after SHIELD got gutted. He's an egotist and involves himself in everything he can (the character, not RDJ). He was the "first" hero. Plus, people like RDJ and it puts asses in the seats. It also answers people's requests for a young Spidey that wouldn't need rebooted in 2-3 movies - a young Spidey needs a mentor, who better than the MCU's leading man? Especially now that Cap & co are AWOL.

another thing about that is if they really wanted to do the harry potter thing with tom holland they would have been better off getting an actual teenager in the role. i think hollywood forgot what actual teens looked like after casting young adults so often.

he's supposed to be a freshman in high school but he's the age of a freshman in college. if they're doing a film every 2 years then by the time he gets to senior year he'll be the same age as tobey macguire when he first starred in spiderman, playing a graduating high school student

as for the whole tony stark thing. i think it's really just that it's really just the MCU revolving around him. it's supposed to be a shared franchise - but with this spiderman movie particularly, sony probably really wanted him in there because his presence is the best help the movie can get to being a super huge blockbuster hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom