• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rihanna Becomes First Ever Artist To Surpass 100 Million RIAA Song Certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) today announced that Rihanna has surpassed more than 100 million gold & platinum song certifications, elevating her to No. 1 on RIAA's list of artists with the most digital single awards and making her the first artist to surpass RIAA's 100 million cumulative singles award threshold, according to a press release put out by RIAA.
Source

jj4mVmx.jpg

Just when I thought the Rihanna reign had let up. Congrats to her, honestly thought Taylor Swift would have hit this first, then again Rih IS Queen of Billboard.

Like bwap bwap bwap!!

iLRob1m.gif

Koodo

Banned
The fact that your bandwagoning of Rhat brought along the demise of her career like everything else you've stanned in the past.

cpZusjy.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This means nothing since they added streaming to their certifications, makes it less impressive when its from 37 songs lmao

rhandino

Banned
"B-but she was flopping", "The struggle to remain relevant", Etc..

Rih keeps winning, I don't know why the rest of your faves keep trying iT tbh

r65ACIK.gif

Just like some of GAF worships Queen and treats Freddy Mercury as a God?

It's not that confusing.

Yeah they're confusing as well. Musicians aren't gods. They do music and concerts and merchandise that people buy and attend.

Wait, that does sound a lot like organized religion.

Yeah they're confusing as well. Musicians aren't gods. They do music and concerts and merchandise that people buy and attend.

Wait, that does sound a lot like organized religion.

It really isn't. It's just really liking something. You can't tell me there's nothing in life that you don't just love a lot, like living, or breathing, being able to see the next day, eating food.

It's a human reaction to loving something whether it be a person, music, sex. I mean....

Vitanimus

It really isn't. It's just really liking something. You can't tell me there's nothing in life that you don't just love a lot, like living, or breathing, being able to see the next day, eating food.

It's a human reaction to loving something whether it be a person, music, sex. I mean....

it sounded more like a backtrack to realising they said something super dumb

I really like custard creams.

xaosslug

The fact that your bandwagoning of Rhat brought along the demise of her career like everything else you've stanned in the past.

cpZusjy.gif

aren't you the same 'Koodo' NeoGAF poster that single-handedly stanned Britney Spears & Lady Gaga into the dirt, tho? The latter of which was most certainly a bandwagon affair...

i mean

pRz06Cq.gif

Ovid

Congrats to her.

I never would've thought that she would get this big after releasing "Pon De Replay".

Quoting Wikipedia:Link

Oh I just did some reading. I thought like 1 gold = 1 gold certification but it equals 500,000 certification units. Looking at different data she doesn't even chart on certs for albums which is dominated by more classic artists. Elvis tops the albums and is second on singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom