• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Polly is a Cooper. She's doomed.

Edit: Then again, raising a Cooper like their own is a pretty big slap in the face to the family, so maybe she won't die.

Jhoan

Dammit Polly you were the chosen one! Why did she she turn to the dark side? Speaking of dark side, it looks like Archie is going to continue making more brutish decisions falling for Cheryl.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
#4 Trending in the US on Twitter right now. I haven't watched yet, shit must have went down lol

JSevere

show's back we're blessed

the Serpents better not hurt my boy Kevin I'll be pissed

felt really bad for the Coopers there at the end D:

Jhoan

And thus ends Archie's chocolate phase.

She was cute and wouldn't play him like a fiddle plus she would serenade him with her dulcet pipes. I feel sorry for the poor girl. In the end of the day, red heads are made for each other. This is going to be as frustrating to watch as Andrea falling for The Governor in TWD Season 3.

Now that I think about it, Josie and Reggie were noticeable absent this episode.

Dammit Polly you were the chosen one! Why did she she turn to the dark side? Speaking of dark side, it looks like Archie is going to continue making more brutish decisions falling for Cheryl.

It's not a brutish decision to fall for the most attractive woman on the show.

Mortemis

Banned
This episode was nice. Glad it's back!

Man, jughead's dad got me confused, like I wanna believe he's not fucked up but damn that ending. I feel bad for Kevin, don't hurt him. :(

Also this show got me hyped for Hiram's return to Riverdale. Gonna be a sight to see.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thoughts based on the episode and preview:

- Archie is an idiot.

- Kevin is awesome and makes the show better. Dear writers and showrunners, you better not hurt Kevin and you better make him a regular next season.

- P.S.: In the future, don't just randomly make it known that Kevin is dating the Serpent and that all of his friends know AND are cool with it via a throwaway line from Archie. That needed to be discussed in a different scene earlier because that's not minor and would illustrate the other characters' views of the Serpents when someone they know is connected to them, which would better prime us for how they respond to the news about Jughead's dad. Does his dad still not know if all of his friends do?

- Betty's active role in her family (standing up to Mama Cooper!) gave her some cool points.

- I'm not optimistic about Polly's future.

Veronica + Betty for life. Ride or die, baby. I'm on episode 3 and I want Veronica and Betty to destroy Chuck Clayton.

Edit:

Riverdale |S2 OT| Full Dark, No Stars

HeavenlyE

Skeet saying he's not a killer really made me laugh for some reason

Another good episode though, and I'm really happy that Bughead is still goin strong

ZeroX03

Banned
That episode was fantastic. Maybe it was the three weeks off making me miss the show, but I think it was my favorite yet.

Archie is an idiot and that's great. Like the AV Club reviews say, he's at his best when he's incredibly dumb with the best of intentions. He was stupid out of love for his dad. Fred was really good this episode too. Hard to see a strong parental figure struggle to keep it together.

Madchen Amick hammed it up so hard! She literally just chomped the air in from of Polly's mother. She's one of my favorite characters. A lot like Archie, she does everything out of the best intentions but also happens to be batshit crazy. You could feel the fury she had for Hal's little abortion stunt.

Jughead pulled the classic CW secret move, it's understandable and was cleared up in a single episode which is what we can hope for.

Betty and Veronica were fire as always.

Poor Kevin. And him mouthing to Hermione was gold!

I didn't feel like there was a weak plot line this episode. They all hit. Except Polly going with the Blossoms at the last minute. That I didn't really understand, but everything leading up to it was fine.

So, I just watched the first episode on Netflix.

This show is way more compelling than I thought it'd be.

Berlanti, baby!

Another great episode, but I think they missed out on some obvious character building moments.

-Why have Kevin, Moose and Joachim all together but don't play that up at all? Does Moose still like Kevin? And Kevin and Joachim are official now? (At least from Kevin's PoV.) Why aren't we seeing more of that then?

-And speaking of Kevin, I'd like to see more of his relationship with his dad. Again, missed opportunities. Wouldn't a father check in with his son after he was witness to a crime? (Moose's attack.) He barely looked at him. And Archie was trashing Kevin's dad and we don't get any reaction from Kevin about this? Particularly strange in an episode so focused on the relationships between parents and their children.

-That short scene with Val and Archie seemed totally tacked on. Then when Val was at the baby shower, why didn't she go over to Archie when he burst in? It made no sense, and now that short interaction between them seemed even weirder.

I'm not trying to be critical, as I enjoyed the episode, but it was a bit off putting to see these potential moments not get any play, to the detriment of the characters.

ZeroX03

Banned
Another great episode, but I think they missed out on some obvious character building moments.

-Why have Kevin, Moose and Joachim all together but don't play that up at all? Does Moose still like Kevin? And Kevin and Joachim are official now? (At least from Kevin's PoV.) Why aren't we seeing more of that then?

-And speaking of Kevin, I'd like to see more of his relationship with his dad. Again, missed opportunities. Wouldn't a father check in with his son after he was witness to a crime? (Moose's attack.) He barely looked at him. And Archie was trashing Kevin's dad and we don't get any reaction from Kevin about this? Particularly strange in an episode so focused on the relationships between parents and their children.

I'm not trying to be critical, as I enjoyed the episode, but it was a bit off putting to see these potential moments not get any play, to the detriment of the characters.

Kevin isn't a main character, that's why his love interests aren't getting a whole lot of screen time. I know why you want to see him focused on, but he's still technically a minor character and when they juggle four or five plots an episode he's going to be in last place. Almost everyone gets surface level stuff because of how many balls in the air there are.

That said Valerie is more of a character than Josie at this point.

Replicant

That's disappointing. :/

Goodstyle

I loved this episode, but there's one thing nagging at me. We need more Veronica moments! She's been sort of disconnected lately, especially from Betty, which is weird since she took care of her sister for an episode, but still!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't think Moose and Kevin's thing was ever more than just sex, but I agree that it's very disappointing that it seems to have been just dropped. Total pilot bait. At least the thing with Joaquin looks like it will lead somewhere substantial.

"Nana has dementia and gypsy blood." ROFL. Cheryl always with the best lines.

Enjoyed the episode. Tank top Jughead was also appreciated.

agoqje.jpeg
byiuaw.jpeg

Btw does Cliff Blossom wear a wig? His hair is always so distracting.

cttuh8.jpeg

Kyuur

Me and the fiancee randomly watched the first episode of this on Netflix. It seemed absolutely terrible and cringe-worthy. Surprised to see the RT score and general positivity; do most people who like the series as a whole consider the first episode good?

Top Bottom