• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roommates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what my roommate did? She left her catnip mouse in the fucking toilet for me to find when I got home. She was just sitting on the bed like nothing happened too. I had to pee, walked into the bathroom and there was the mouse just floating in the water. So I had to fish it out of the water that had turned green (due to the catnip) and put it in the nearest sink. This isn't the first time she's done this either. Evil.

ReBurn

Gold Member
You know what my roommate did? She left her catnip mouse in the fucking toilet for me to find when I got home. She was just sitting on the bed like nothing happened too. I had to pee, walked into the bathroom and there was the mouse just floating in the water. So I had to fish it out of the water that had turned green (due to the catnip) and put it in the nearest sink. This isn't the first time she's done this either. Evil.

Next time just go in her bed. Tell her that the mouse was hogging the bathroom.

Axalon

Should have returned it to her, fresh out of the toilet

What? Why would someone do this?

Cat people: smh

I don't understand. Was it a joke?

Could you simply flush it?

Yeah I'm going to clog the plumbing with a toy mouse. Sounds like a great idea. It will just dry out and she can play with it again. It's not like she also shat and pissed in there too.

I have no idea what a catnip mouse looks like. For some reason I was imaging it would just dissolve in the water, but I am now guessing there were non soluble parts.

I have no idea what a catnip mouse looks like. For some reason I was imaging it would just dissolve in the water, but I am now guessing there were non soluble parts.

It's a christmas looking mouse that you can insert catnip into and she hasn't taken to any other toy quite like it. I think it was her being a little vindictive shit for me leaving today.

cashman

Banned
I see what you're saying (although I disagree with cottage cheese being an "ingredient"). Ideally that would work with some items. When I moved in I said "hey I don't care if you guys use smaller stuff like spices or butter or cooking oil or condiments, but if you use a bunch of something replace it". That didn't work, no one replaces ANYTHING, they just wait for someone else to buy it again. Suddenly my hot sauce bottle is completely empty after I used it once and I wait two months to see if anyone will replace it and no one does so I have to. Same thing with every type of food item I have, prepared or not. Entire unopened packages of oatmeal, chips, meat, frozen meals, prepared leftovers get used and never replaced. Who the fuck eats someone's else's steak (leftover or not) and thinks that's okay?

Plus the fact that I have a specific diet because I lift weights and I don't need to be eating most of the stuff they have.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444223&highlight=

pretty specific diet you got there.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Talked to one roommate, he said he wouldn't eat my stuff anymore without asking first. One roommate to go.

Xeke

Banned
Oh how exciting another Timedog and Devolution thread. With 42 and 21 posts just get married and combine your posts or whatever.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Oh how exciting another Timedog and Devolution thread. With 42 and 21 posts just get married and combine your posts or whatever.
YouMad.jpg

That was easy.

Why didn't you do this a long time ago?
I laid down ground rules on what stuff of mine it's okay to take a little of a long time ago.

Steelrain

My rash guess is that all the people rallying against Timedog probably still live at home and have no means of relating to what he's talking about.

There is something super shitty about going for some of the food you've paid for/prepared, only to find that in your own place, you don't have security over the most basic fucking things that belong to you.

Nah they just know how to communicate with other people like functional human adults.

If something bothers you, say something about it. I've had quite a few roommates and learned early on that clearing the air by voicing your problems is much better for all involved. Passive aggressive shit like notes just increase resentment and hostility.

The distribution of food should be one of the first things discussed with your roommates soon after you move in. Unless everyone is paying for equally for all the groceries, then they should be divided up in separate compartments/cupboards. If there are items that everyone (or more than one person) wants, such as eggs/milk/bread, then it would make sense to split on just those items.

So I'm hooking up with my roommate, and this shit is turning into The Real World right befor my eyes.

2 girls and 2 guys in the house.

Girl 1 is the one im involved with, and I've known for a few years but always has a BF, and did when we moved in 6 months ago.

Girl 2 is new and has a BF but seems to have a crush on me.

The other male roommate has a huge crush on Girl 1, and happens to also be a grade A Creeper who makes her uncomfortable and tries to touch and grab on her.

It's been going on off and on for a few months now, started as drunk hook ups and gradually got more involved recently. I'm thinking about breaking it off for sanity's sake but this fall weir lease is up and the situation will resolve itself (assuming we still are into one another by then).

Any advise for a bro in a sticky spot?

Xeke

Banned
So I'm hooking up with my roommate, and this shit is turning into The Real World right befor my eyes.

Girl 1 is the one im involved with, and I've known for a few years but always has a BF, and did when we moved in 6 months ago.

The other male roommate has a huge crush on Girl 1, and happens to also be a grade A Creeper who makes her uncomfortable and tries to touch and grab on her.

It's been going on off and on for a few months now, started as drunk hook ups and gradually got more involved recently. I'm thinking about breaking it off for sanity's sake but this fall weir lease is up and the situation will resolve itself (assuming we still are into one another by then).

douche-duck-face-6.jpg

Ryaaan14

Banned

Post pics of both and I'll make a decision for you.

Barrage

My rash guess is that all the people rallying against Timedog probably still live at home and have no means of relating to what he's talking about.

There is something super shitty about going for some of the food you've paid for/prepared, only to find that in your own place, you don't have security over the most basic fucking things that belong to you.

I've had 11 roomates in the last two years. I've lived in a Frathouse.

Definitely not into girl 2, but she is doable and likes to buy beer and hang out w me.

Girl 1 is getting to me, it's feels like we click and feels good but the proximity issue is a big one. Especially with male roommate around creeping all over her. I'm not sure it's worth all the drama since I don't really have a license to tell this guy off due to the ambiguous nature of my relationship with girl 1, and he's also a friend.

UrokeJoe

What I did was shit in a bowl of corn flakes and left out a quart of milk with a note that said "go ahead and eat my shit!"

Then we had a meeting.

Oppo

Timedog. I've been there. the notes will be about as effective as telling teenagers in a theatre to be quiet. your note will only have negative repercussions. because we have already established that your roomate(s) is an ingrate. language is not the answer here. they don't care.

The real answer is the locking mini-fridge. Yeah it's kind of crappy, but they are very cheap, and useful for years, so I'd go that route.

also I'd casually mention a few times that there seem to be bedbugs around, and wait for new roommates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom