• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dylan O'Brien has been cast as Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

redditleaker23456 had this to say about Latino Review's exclusive.
Yeah, and they're bullshitting, why would the Sinister Six be in the 1st fucking movie? Why would Iron Man be in the first movie? Sony isn't even allowed to have other MCU characters in their standalone Spidey movies yet, I didn't believe an inch about that article.

So are we going to assume that this isn't happening now? That Latino Review article is pretty damning

Looks like there is still hope for those that want a black Parker

I was pretty sure Sony was allowed to have other Marvel characters show up in their Spidey films, that part was specifically highlighted as a possibility.

Also, the fact the guy who was already working on a Sinister Six movie would retool that script into a Spidey movie featuring the Sinister Six maybe forming - plus an appearance from Iron Man? How is that out-of-bounds in any way? If anything, it makes the most sense because there's already a bunch of groundwork laid.

Roo

I'd be glad for her if this happened.

Shailene_Woodley_640x960.jpg

Eh, nevermind.

Oh shit, I totally forgot she was supposed to be in Spider Man
Do we know why she never made it to the final thing?

I would be shocked if Spider-Man got Lord and Miller. They're on fire right now with movies, so I don't see them taking on a project that will likely shoe-horn them into a project where they'll have a lot less freedom. With that said, if Lord and Miller did sign on for the project, I'd suddenly be a ton more interested and excited.

Neoxon

I was pretty sure Sony was allowed to have other Marvel characters show up in their Spidey films, that part was specifically highlighted as a possibility.

Also, the fact the guy who was already working on a Sinister Six movie would retool that script into a Spidey movie featuring the Sinister Six maybe forming - plus an appearance from Iron Man? How is that out-of-bounds in any way? If anything, it makes the most sense because there's already a bunch of groundwork laid.
My only beef with the Latino Review report is that they said that casting hasn't started yet. Not exactly ideal if they want to get Spidey into Civil War. Plus the author of the article doesn't have much of a track record as far as I can tell (if someone can fill in the blanks for me, that'd be greatly appreciated).

EDIT: The author of the article owns Latino Review, so that checks out.

My only beef with the Latino Review report is that they said that casting hasn't started yet. Not exactly ideal if they want to get Spidey into Civil War. Plus the author of the article doesn't have much of a track record as far as I can tell (if someone can fill in the blanks for me, that'd be greatly appreciated).

Kellvin runs the site. Plus he's got a pretty good record.

All I know about Shaleine is that she was really good in The Spectacular Now

...and it's hilarious to go from that movie to Spider Man, much like Miles Teller went from that to Fantastic Four

Neoxon

Kellvin owns ths site. Plus he's got a pretty good record.
Okay then, cross off that from my list.

Both sources have pretty damn good track records, so it's hard to tell who's on the money. Though yeah, Kellvin owns the Latino Review site, so that's definitely something to consider.

All I know about Shaleine is that she was really good in The Spectacular Now

...and it's hilarious to go from that movie to Spider Man, much like Miles Teller went from that to Fantastic Four

miles teller was gonna be snatched up by one of these films sooner or later, it was inevitable after spectacular now and whiplash.

DeathyBoy

Banned
come the fuck on, man.

I just don't even.

She's a good actress with some decent box office mojo. Putting aside her looks (and sorry dude, she's a very pretty woman), she's easily good enough to play Mary Jane. She's also 23, so can sign one of Marvel's ridiculous contracts and know when it's done she has plenty of time for arty shit.

Sesha

Yeah, and they're bullshitting, why would the Sinister Six be in the 1st fucking movie? Why would Iron Man be in the first movie? Sony isn't even allowed to have other MCU characters in their standalone Spidey movies yet, I didn't believe an inch

I can see Iron Man being in SpecSM. Tony is the MCU's biggest star and they might want to set up a torch-passing moment in Infinity War, assuming they're either killing off or retiring Tony.

Dominator

It's funny to see people start to warm up to Fantastic Four after seeing Whiplash.
I thought the FF trailer looked cool, but then I saw it in theaters in front of Kingsman and it looked way better. I don't know what it was but it made the movie look incredible actually, and I loved Chronicle, so I'm pumped for it.

I was giving LR a pass on their exclusive since they seem really confident in it, especially coming out against the redditor, but I have to agree with this.

Also, I would really be surprised if casting had not already begun. I find it really difficult to believe they would pass on the opportunity to have Spidey in Civil War and the window for casting that is really small.

I was giving LR a pass on their exclusive since they seem really confident in it, especially coming out against the redditor, but I have to agree with this.

Also, I would really be surprised if casting had not already begun. I find it really difficult to believe they would pass on the opportunity to have Spidey in Civil War and the window for casting that is really small.

Man, when CW starts filming and we get those leaked on set shots of Spidey in the same frame as Stark/Rogers

mmmmmmmmm

Frog-fu

Banned
I would be okay with this. Watched the highlights of him in Teen Wolf and liked what I saw. Also watched a video interview with him when he name was getting thrown around before.

I've never had any interest in Teen Wolf until now. Dude is great at comedic roles. Perfect for Spidey.

y2dvd

I don't care about looks, I hope his acting is up to the job. I do think they are starting Peter off really young though.

Busty

Banned
Didn't you also swear up and down that a Sony/Marvel deal on Spider-Man would never, ever, happen and that Sony would never remove Avi Arad from the equation? :p

But they haven't removed Arad from the equation, he's an executive producer on the new Spider Man film.

Even so...those Sony solo projects are going to have to tie in someway with the Marvel universe. Sony would have to be downright stupid to include Spidey in Avengers, which will only boost the interest in their solo films, only to not have Spidey in any other Avenger movies or Marvel's solo efforts. At this point, it's really nothing more than financial gain on Sony's end.

Lots of ifs and buts but I just don't see Sony lending Marvel their number one 'asset' (even of they do own it) indefinitely when the priority will always be to have Spider Man films being made for Sony.

There are only so many hours in the day to produce Spider Man films in house and then lend the character to Marvel to co-star in Avenger films.

I'm not saying it won't happen but it just feels like an awful lot of moving parts for Sony and Marvel to stay in sync on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom