• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dylan O'Brien has been cast as Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I really should rewatch the original trilogy. I don't think I've seen the first two movies since I saw them in theaters, unless maybe I caught it on network TV in the decade and change since and forgot about it. And I've never seen the third movie. I realize it's supposed to be terrible, but I sort of want to know if that Back to the Future gif is accurate.
How did that gif go again

Shailene Woodley is talented AND gorgeous. She'd make a great MJ.

Look, she even had an MJ-like look at some events:

VfpU9w9.jpg

RPa5OGh.jpg

wAgWqcB.jpg

antonz

Good fit and I think its the best way to go about it. Do a couple movies with Parker than they can pass the torch to Miles or another alternate Spiderman and keep the franchise moving in a fresh direction

kiguel182

So, no Miles? Good.

I think a black actor playing Peter would be a cool thing to see but this at leasts confirms they are going with Peter Parker and I can't get mad about that.

guek

Banned
Lmao

This is worse than any sharp knees post
Look at that second pic. It's like the faces of two different people smashed together. I'm not saying she's not extremely pretty, just that I personally find the flaw unattractive

Nev

Banned
They should've brought back the one and only Spiderman Tobey Maguire and not this generic Garfield 2.0, I've read Spiderman comics where Peter Parker is +35yo or at least he looks like it, and even if there isn't any comic in which he's that age, it'd be a cool thing to have in a few movies while introducing Miles, such a missed opportunity.

Boycotting Ultron and any subsequent Marvel product from now on. Thanks Riot.

Neoxon

They should've brought back the one and only Spiderman Tobey Maguire and not this generic Garfield 2.0, I've read Spiderman comics where Peter Parker is +35yo or at least he looks like it, and even if there isn't any comic in which he's that age, it'd be a cool thing to have in a few movies while introducing Miles, such a missed opportunity.

Boycotting Ultron and any subsequent Marvel product from now on. Thanks Riot.
You do realize that Marvel wanted a younger Spider-Man from Day 1, right? Andrew Garfield is 31 years & Marvel considers him too old for the role. Plus, let's be honest, Tobey Maguire isn't that good of a Spider-Man (though he does a great Peter Parker). We already have a ton of older heroes in the MCU, a good young hero in the MCU is kinda needed at this point (& it's not like Marvel has a lot of those to choose from).

In short, I hope you're not serious.

Someglan

Banned
Why. Why do you care. Why do you need your enjoyment of the movie to be defined by this. Let it go.

I didn't say anything about my enjoyment of this movie being defined by the color of his skin. As I said, I'm sure this guy will be enjoyable to watch and I will still probably see this movie.

However, it is disappointing. I think a person of color playing Spider-man is something that clearly there is a lot of interest in by fans and has an opportunity to explore different aspects of the story of Spider-man.

If it turns out to be true, I just think it is a missed opportunity.

I didn't say anything about my enjoyment of this movie being defined by the color of his skin. As I said, I'm sure this guy will be enjoyable to watch and I will still probably see this movie.

However, it is disappointing. I think a person of color playing Spider-man is something that clearly there is a lot of interest in by fans and has an opportunity to explore different aspects of the story of Spider-man.

If it turns out to be true, I just think it is a missed opportunity.

Frankly, I'm just bored with the character of Peter Parker. I don't want three more movies with him. I agree, a missed opportunity here.

Frankly, I'm just bored with the character of Peter Parker. I don't want three more movies with him. I agree, a missed opportunity here.

I would agree with this pre-MCU announcement, but the possibility of a Parker in the MCU is simply too good for me not to be excited about.

More than that, I think I am most excited about the possibility of seeing him grow up on screen from high school to scientist, and then pass the torch to Miles in 7-10 years.

Newman96

Hope this is true..had £5 on him to be cast on Betfair. For any UK GAF that fancy it he's 16/1 at the moment :)

Never seen Teen Wolf, may have to give it a watch now.

Loke13

no bueno, this guy is a terrible actor, you should see him on teen wolf, hes incredibly bad
Nothing in this sentence makes sense. I think you might be thinking of Tyler Posey because Dylan acts circles around the main cast on a seasonal basis.

I'm tired of teenage angst ridden spidey.
Give me the cocky badass

Iron Man and Thor cover the cocky badass territory, and Dr. Strange will as well when he arrives. Teenage Spidey is an excellent contrast to the 30 something bros that make up the bulk of the Avengers roster.

Violater

Iron Man and Thor cover the cocky badass territory, and Dr. Strange will as well when he arrives. Teenage Spidey is an excellent contrast to the 30 something bros that make up the bulk of the Avengers roster.

After the last 2 spidey movies I think I'll be ok with less of a contrast, also Stark is enough of a kid already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom