• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Loudninja

They all look static. Nothing like the moving train sequence in the original pitch video. They are mostly lower platform/two higher platform on the left and right affairs. :(

I wanted to be fighting on the back of moving titans, collossi, trains, Metal Gear Ray going down the river etc. :(
Like I said you have no idea how the stages behave.

This is the problem with leak info people assume to much.

Look at them. Do you really think any of them are as dynamic as anything I suggested? I wanted stages moving through environments, not a wall falling down here and there and some dodgy environmental hazards coming in. All of the stages we have seen in motion have been disappointing too.

This is the problem with leak info people assume to much.

I agree as far as stages, those may just be mockups, especially the UC3 cargo pic, it looks like it was made in LBP2, i think the in game stage will be ND worthy.

Loudninja

Look at them. Do you really think any of them are as dynamic as anything I suggested? I wanted stages moving through environments, not a wall falling down here and there and some dodgy environmental hazards coming in. All of the stages we have seen in motion have been disappointing too.
The stages in the beta are great, so I disagree with that.

The stages in the beat are great, so I disagree with that.

Nothing as good as the pitch video. Not even close.

I want to be fighting on the back of this bugger as he moves around.

shadow_colossus.jpg

They all look static. Nothing like the moving train sequence in the original pitch video. They are mostly lower platform/two higher platform on the left and right affairs. :(

I wanted to be fighting on the back of moving titans, collossi, trains, Metal Gear Ray going down the river etc. :(

I don't know -- I'm sure they'll look better in motion. This is basically the worst way for things to leak... :\

Edit: I agree that fighting on the back of a Colossi, etc, would have been really cool though. Stowaways looks like a neat idea.

Very happy to see Spike, Sackboy and Sir Daniel.

Overall Im okay with this list, but Evil Cole seems like a duplicate of Good Cole. Which seems to make him a waste of space.

Both DMC Dante & Evil cole seem like bad choices.

Columbia and Paris stage looks cool. Infamous's stage should've been a skyline and skyscrapers though imo.

Insane. I can only hope these are either false leaks or partial leaks. Although I am impressed that we're getting Sir Dan... hopefully.

Its probably a partial leak.

There's probably some hidden/unloackable content in the game too I assume.

I suspect Evil Cole will have a completely different moveset to Good Cole, but I agree that it's a bit excessive. They should have just had a single Cole that alternates between Good and Bad moves.

If those characters are correct, I cannot believe Sony went in and asked for Raiden and Nu-Dante. If I were Sony I'd have walked away if I didn't get Snake and Classic Dante. Publishers feathering their own nests again. :(

Its meant to be a nostalgia-fest come great fighting game.

If those characters are correct, I cannot believe Sony went in and asked for Raiden and Nu-Dante. If I were Sony I'd have walked away if I didn't get Snake and Classic Dante. Publishers feathering their own nests again. :(

Hasn't David Hayter been recording dialogue for this game? I'd be amazed if Snake wasn't in.

Jawmuncher

I suspect Evil Cole will have a completely different moveset to Good Cole, but I agree that it's a bit excessive. They should have just had a single Cole that alternates between Good and Bad moves.

I would have thought a skin swap would be more than sufficent.
I know evil and good cole have different moves, but just a little switching between the two would be more than enough. I don't think anywould would get to mad over it so long as they had the correct colored lightning.

Anyway does this game have it's equivalent to FINAL DESTINATION in the stage select?
I'm not one of those guys but I'd assume thats something every game like this needs to have.

Hasn't David Hayter been recording dialogue for this game? I'd be amazed if Snake wasn't in.

He was.
The only thing I can assume is that Snake plays a big part in raidens story mode if he isn't a playable character in the game.
We havent seen the extent of story mode so we don't know just how telaborate the story parts might be.
That's just a wild guess though, if he's doing any voice work he must be in a significant role.
Can't see them grabbing him just so he can say one line/

mandas

Neo Member
I would have to see the stages in more than static screens because they don't seem that interesting at this point. DmC Dante turns my stomach so my mild interest in this game has been washed out.

Raiden seems like a cool edition. It looks like he has an eyepatch on the leaked picture.

I would have to see the stages in more than static screens because they don't seem that interesting at this point. DmC Dante turns my stomach so my mild interest in this game has been washed out.

You could just not play as Dante if its a problem for you.

People complaining about 1 or 2 characters were probably never going to buy anyways. I am having a hard time following the logic as well. Would people bought the game if there were fewer characters but not "wasted" characters. Those expecting over 30 had their head in the clouds and should have been prepared for the big come down.

People complaining about 1 or 2 characters were probably never going to buy anyways. I am having a hard time following the logic as well. Would people bought the game if there were fewer characters but not "wasted" characters. Those expecting over 30 had their head in the clouds and should have been prepared for the big come down.

I'm less an excited now and this game is targeted at people like me. I'm a big fan of Sony franchises and have played every single one of the games that have had a nod so far. Extensively so.

I'm fine with Dante being in. I'm not fine with Nu Dante being the default skin. Nu Dante being the default is Capcom trying to market DMC Devil May Cry.
Snake is far more important than Raiden. Raiden being the playable character is just Konami trying to market Rising.

I'd love to be wrong on this, but I bet Crash and Spyro are DLC characters so that Activision can make money on the licensing and take a slice of the profits.

The game should be fan-service AND a great fighting game. Go for what the fans want. The wants will want Snake. The fans will want classic Dante. The fans will want Spyro and Crash in there from the start with their classic appearance. No Skylanders shit.

RPGCrazied said:
Still no FF characters? I hate to say it, but none of the characters I've seen interest me in any way.

The rate things are going, it'll be someone shitty like Lightning instead of Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall or Vivi.

So the question is if Evil Cole is really 100% separate character with his own story, rival ect. or like a stance that you choose for cole before match begins. And if he counts for the over 20 character roster. Anyway we still are getting at least 1 character
lightning
, most likely at least 2 to make everyone have a rival. And I still don't believe for a sec that this game doesn't have Ubisoft character.

Also if Evil Cole really is a full character then there is no reason why Snake wouldn't be in too. Hell they could serve us with a bullshit excuse that Rising is its own franchise lol.

Holy fuck, I wake up to this? Sporadic first impressions:

I'm not raging like a mofo like some others here, but the lack of Team ICO and Gravity Rush makes me a sad panda. I'm gagging for some SOTC rep in this game. Having a Big Daddy, but then a Columbia stage is an interesting choice - I was sure it was going to be Rapture. Glad to see Spike, Dan and Nariko. Crash Bandicoot's omission is criminal, as is Rob Pattinson Dante over OG Dante. Pretty big Ninja Theory presence in this game then! Might as well get Trip in there as well. Not entirely happy about two Coles either. Loco Roco stage looks pure win. Hope we get more characters down the road.

Massive props to the guy who was so sure it was going to be Raiden over Snake! Nice call, I wouldn't have agreed at the time but here we are! Snake must be involved in Raiden's story I'm guessing, hence Hayter's voicework.

web01

Publishers want to promote their newest games its makes complete sense.
They have to get something out of it too.

solidus51

Banned
A lot of people are really crying for no reason. This game does not need an final desination because you can turn stage hazards off and the stages have a good size.

Jawmuncher

I definitely agree with this.
While it's a bit odd, it's the same in theory.
I bought SSBB because it had 1 character I liked, i'm not a big nintendo fan so the rest of the roster hardly even applied to me. But even with that I had a ton of fun with that game.

A more similar inclusion would be Ezio in Soul Calibur 5.
I'm not a big AC fan, but I sure wasn't crying about it.

Like you said if 1 character is going to make you not want to play or buy the game, you didn't care much about it to begin with.

A lot of people are really crying for no reason. This game does not need an final desination because you can turn stage hazards off and the stages have a good size.

I mentioned it but it wasn't something I was crying for.
Seems like something that might be needed for those tournament play purists, but personally I have no qualms if it is or not in the game.

Also if Evil Cole really is a full character then there is no reason why Snake wouldn't be in too. Hell they could serve us with a bullshit excuse that Rising is its own franchise lol.

I agree.
I think to many people are taking this as the final list.
Like the info in the OP says theres some obvious omissions from what has been hinted at quite bluntly.
So I definitely think there'll be a few more surprises left in terms of playable characters.

The characters are not bad. There´s too much concentration on PS3 characters.

I really wish that they make God Of War brawl after this. GOW has so many interesting and different characters, and it would work like a charm.

Like you said if 1 character is going to make you not want to play or buy the game, you didn't care much about it to begin with.

Has anyone actually said that the inclusion of one character has made them not want to buy the game? If not, I don't think we should put words in their mouths. This place has a nasty habit of doing that.

xptoxyz

Has anyone actually said that the inclusion of one character has made them not want to buy the game? If not, I don't think we should put words in their mouths. This place has a nasty habit of doing that.

I think in the earlier pages at least one person said something to the nature of if reboot Dante was in he was "out".

I hope they have amazing profile bios in this game for the characters that link directly to the PlayStation Store so you can buy all of the games/DLC that the character has featured in.

The characters are not bad. There´s too much concentration on PS3 characters.

I really wish that they make God Of War brawl after this. GOW has so many interesting and different characters, and it would work like a charm.
Its the first game in the series, obviously they want a more current and recognizable character than the old forgotten series that not many people know. If it ever got a sequel, than you can expect them to be more open with the less known character.

Dizzy

Banned
New Dante sucks since the old one is what we associate with PlayStation, but with Capcom wanting to pimp their new game they aren't gonna use the old model instead of the new one. Sadly that IS Dante now.

I hope this isn't the final roster. Snake has been rumoured for so long but I don't understand why they wouldn't have announced him yet given that he's probably the biggest character the game could have.

Top Bottom