• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Alright, so according to this list and our very own prophet, this is the 22 character roster:

Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Radec (Killzone)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) (Paul Gale's third female)
Kratos (God of War)
Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi) (Paul Gale's RPG character)
Sackboy (LittleBig Planet)
Sir Dan (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Cole (inFamous)
Evil Cole (inFamous)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Raiden (MGS: Rising)
Dante (DmC)
Toro (Toro)
Heihachi (Tekken)

Not confirmed, but likely, based on the leak and TheMink's source

Wow, now that would be a blast from the past if true.

A part of me still hopes they'll somehow manage to get the rights to get Tomba in the game.

Captain blasto would also make for a fun obscure character.

Overall that list would be pretty sweet, aside from Evil Cole.

Solid Snake and Classic Dante could be in the game as different skins xD
Classic Dante sure but I'd rather have Sombrero Raiden as alt costume than Sword Snake lol. Gray Fox costume would be bad ass.

AxjAVwXCQAEMrUY.jpg

If this leak is legit, then it may be beneficial to SuperBot to reflect upon some of the choices they've made going by the feedback.

Evil Cole being the main one.

If this leak is legit, then it may be beneficial to SuperBot to reflect upon some of the choices they've made going by the feedback.

Evil Cole being the main one.
If evil cole share same spot in character select screen and not count toward the 20+ character list, then I have no probkem with it. It'd be like yun/yang in sf4(the first one) but this time, they differentiate the movelist from the first game.

Good/evil cole is such a central theme in infamous games after all.

Well, at least they confirm sir daniel fortesque. Cant wait to see if theres a good next gen design for me, in the level of SSB redesigns.
Is it bad that I think is the best character of the whole list? At least if we are talking of old sony history.

Paracelsus

You know what's utterly ridiculous?

The lack of Alundra. Come on, this is a SSB clone and you don't resort to the mc of the hardest Zelda game ever? Not even a Kingsley, that would have been like having Fox McCloud and Zelda rolled in one.

No Jennifer and Scree (where the special is her transforming and wrecking shit), no guy from Dark Cloud 2 with the customizable mech, nothing.

wildfire

Banned
Hype well and truly deflated.

Stages look quite boring. Character list is disappointing.

Raiden but no Snake? Fuck off.
New Dante? Fuck off.
Two Coles? Fuck off, they should be costume variants.

There's a good chance that there'll be more characters via DLC but unless they are free, I won't be buying it. Roster is awful.

*chuckles*

The only way they could top the nerd rage they are creating now is if they do introduce a Final Fantasy Character it is
Ruby Weapon.

I would buy a PS3 just to turn everyone into rabbits while they try to get through my insane tank. LOL

Would be pretty cool to see a stage a la Gravity Rush where gravity gets manipulated and the stage turns and tumbles on its sides.

kills kills use_each_super cake_pacman block_ap_buff dodges throws items_give_ap counter_super hazards_drain taunt_for_score kills_with_deaths movelist_attack only_square only_triangle only_circle combo_ap_multiplier multi_kill total_AP hole_in_the_bucket_easy hole_in_the_bucket_medium hole_in_the_bucket_hard hit_streak air_block_evade_handicap counter_service survive_supers assassinate_target cycling_inputs super_setup ap_loss_on_hit mix_up_attacks only_multi_hits rival_drains_ap pandemonium missing_costs_ap triple_kill untouchable villager_active only_boxyboy_ap reflect_projectiles mic_grab land_mine_out distance_for_ap sly_teleport must_be_invisible must_have_barrel must_stun_dart must_use_wall must_use_slide must_use_absorb must_have_zurkon must_use_tesla must_use_gravity streak_in_the_air only_ape_attacks spike_teleport must_use_charge_attack must_switch_stances must_sleep must_use_plasmid only_charge_up must_sword_grab must_box_opponent must_use_fan sackboy_teleport must_use_sheild rpg_trial spear_trial razor_claws_trial baumusu_axe_trial golf_club_trial scythe_trial laser_designator_trial medusa_gaze_trial railgun_trial atomizer_trial hedgehog_grenade_trial sonic_rift_trial freeze_missile_trial murder_of_crows_trial sackbot_trial boots_of_hermes_trial nanotech_crate_trial gravity_shield_trial leech_beem_trial killer_bees_trial low_gravity taunt_for_ap team_momentum pulsing_invisibility hot_potato_kills ap_on_respawn shoot_targets ap_loss_on_eject ap_loss_on_crumple ap_loss_on_twitch slow_down_trial horde_trial kill_descendents fly_rocket smash_objects dodge_or_die feed_negativatron king_of_hill team_bodyguard escaped_apes protect_little_sister thief_trial capture_the_flag team_elimination iron_fist ap_steal_on_kill sumo_ring tesla_spike_maze

So it seems like there might be 2 new game modes: Capture the flag & Team elimination.

And new weapon pick-ups from Ape Escape, God of War, Resistance and Ratchet & Clank?

So no Gabe or Gex? Damn. Thought they would make it.

I'd love to see that.

Radius

Of course Lightning's name doesn't show up in the game's code. I suppose Square Enix would be pretty pissed if pictures of FFXIII-3 Lightning show up more than a month before the game's official announcement.
Seeing how every 3rd party uses this game as free advertising space for their upcoming, there's a 100% chance that Lightning will be in the game.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm never going to buy this game, so it's not really an active concern, but I do think it's kind of sad to see Raiden over Snake and Lightning over Cloud, presuming those end up being true. If the intent is to evoke the history of the PlayStation brand, I think going for the bigger characters is preferable. I could understand why the third parties would choose those characters to be represented over the their more famous counterparts, but it's still a shame to see.

YoungOne

If this list is completely true then Sony kinda dropped the ball not at least including Kat to help market the vita. But who knows there is dlc and this list could not be the complete list.

Here are my thoughts.
The Title Fight image. The menus screen saying the date was 2011, beta being an eary build... this is old information!
Remember when Omar said something along the lines of "we discovered characters the fans were passionate about that we didn't expect so we're trying to cram everyone in there" This character list could be from way before the game was discussed with the public. There could be more characters not detailed in the beta package!
....It could happen

I wonder who they considered their big 'WOW' character reveals to be?

For me Sir Daniel is the best one, but for everyone else? Lacks a bit of 'Yowza'.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

so the entire thing is real.

This mean the game lack female characters (only Nariko and Fat Princess) and with no great Sony female characters like Rynn (Drakan: Order of the Flame)Ellen (Folklore)Jennifer Tate (Primal) or even Carmelita (Sly),Angela Cross(Ratchet) and Rose (legend of Dragoon).

and we got two slots for Cole MacGrath and the princess that no one care about, This is really messed up, but oh well DLC/sequel maybe.

It would be glorious if Superbot was trolling everybody and embedded misleading info onto the beta.

And I am actually cool with the list except it needs Kat and Wander.

It would be glorious if Superbot was trolling everybody and embedded misleading info onto the beta.

And I am actually cool with the list except it needs Kat and Wander.

That would be one of the greatest things to ever happen ever.
Watch them reveal a character that isn't here at Gamescom haha

Top Bottom