• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

LuuKyK

It's only a couple of months until the game's release. I'm surprised they're not doing weekly announcements of one character and one stage. That will keep the hype going even if shit is leaked cause I wanna see it in action. Saving it all for big conventions with 2 characters a month or so is too much of a gap, which results like leaks like these...

Yeah, the Brawl Dojo was the perfect way to do theses reveals. They just kept things coming everyday. There was no need to have leaks or whatever.

I don't think a Gaffer broke this though, right?

Several members dug through the files and found the information themselves. The files, though, can be downloaded by anyone. Gaffers found some files, but so did others from other sites. Everything would have been found eventually.

The first leaker, 696Ly, probably didn't have a friend of a friend of a friend. He probably dug around in the Beta files himself.

Edit: Or perhaps he really did have a friend of a friend of a friend that dug around the files and passed it onto him under the guise of someone with connections.

Evil Cole's attacks in Infamous are mostly fire/explosion based right?

I'd imagine his attacks in PSABR will probably be based on that.

Nah, that's just blaming it on Superbot or Sony, hahah. This is just people being way too nosy for their own good. Including myself.
Well, if they were releasing and announcing things left and right, I don't think people would be analyzing blurry shots in an office and CSI-ing it. One character and stage a week; that is all I ask for. 14 weeks left so it would fit perfectly.

Thanks baekshi and miladesn.

Man I feel sorry for SuperBot. Sony leak curse I guess.

I have to wonder if any of this is planted. There's no way that you wouldn't know that anything released would be datamined to hell and back, why not add some red herrings? I suppose we'll see. I look forward to Ratchet's official reveal regardless!

Ploid 3.0

People aren't cool with Nariko?! Nariko vs Kratos was a dream match since the Heavenly sword media started to release, especially when people found Kratos' weapons in the game. Come on!

Mr. Fix

Hey at least James Bond isn't there right!?!
:D

2553926_o.gif

B.O.O.M

Well, if they were releasing and announcing things left and right, I don't think people would be analyzing blurry shots in an office and CSI-ing it. One character and stage a week; that is all I ask for. 14 weeks left so it would fit perfectly.

Well to be honest, I don't think that would have mattered at all. People would have done so regardless

Presumably that Uncharted 3 stage will allow for warhawks to zoom past and firing at the Players? Could be cool, especially if the trucks move like they do in the game

SykoTech

All I can say is, I really hope Kat is in.

Her being too new was the one thing that made me really doubt her inclusion, but apparently being too new isn't a problem if games that aren't coming out until 2013 are being represented (Dmc, Bioshock Infinite).

....this seriously better not be all the characters.

It's probably been said, but with regards to the Hayter/Snake thing - it's perfectly possible that his VA could show up in some capacity in Raiden's story, surely?

Yeah, the Brawl Dojo was the perfect way to do theses reveals. They just kept things coming everyday. There was no need to have leaks or whatever.

Exactly. Wallpapers, concept arts, dedicated videos for supers for each characters. They can easily reveal something per day. An entire week can be dedicated for a character and stage.

e.g.

Monday - Character revealed. Screenshot, Wallpapers and Bio.
Tuesday - Minion revealed. Screenshot, Wallpapers and Bio.
Wednesday - Stage revealed. Screenshots and Wallpapers with arena background info and significance.
Thursday - Stage transformation revealed.
Friday - Stage and character gameplay video; Level 1 super shown.
Saturday - Stage, character and it's Minion shown; Level 2 super and Alternate costume shown.
Sunday - Stage being transformed shown, character crazy combos and Level 3 super shown.

Rinse, Repeat.

Exactly. Wallpapers, concept arts, dedicated videos for supers for each characters. They can easily reveal something per day. An entire week can be dedicated for a character and stage.

e.g.

Monday - Character revealed. Screenshot, Wallpapers and Bio.
Tuesday - Minion revealed. Screenshot, Wallpapers and Bio.
Wednesday - Stage revealed. Screenshots and Wallpapers.
Thursday - Stage transformation revealed.
Friday - Stage and character gameplay video; Level 1 super shown.
Saturday - Stage, character and it's Minion shown; Level 2 super and Alternate costume shown.
Sunday - Stage being transformed shown, character crazy combos and Level 3 super shown.

Rinse, Repeat.

Superbot needs to read this.

People aren't cool with Nariko?! Nariko vs Kratos was a dream match since the Heavenly sword media started to release, especially when people found Kratos' weapons in the game. Come on!

I think Heavenly Sword was merely average, but Nariko was the best thing to come from it. She's a great character and a welcome addition to the roster in my mind.

Drago

Wait, isn't that Jak from 2 in the pic? Looks like they switched to his 3rd look.
Yeah, I noticed this a while ago but no one seemed to care

I really hope his 1 and 2 looks make it in.

I've been asleep the last 10 hours... what did I miss? :p

Archon473

It's probably been said, but with regards to the Hayter/Snake thing - it's perfectly possible that his VA could show up in some capacity in Raiden's story, surely?

I checked Hayter's IMDB page to make sure I was not jumping to conclusions on the Snake thing, but his only other credits involve voicing generic NPCs in games like SW:KOTOR.

Also, everyone's been mentioning Snake and the Paul Gale pictures but no one has posted this:

243056359.png

Found here.

Ryce

My ideal, logical character select screen placement:

fneUh.png

Villains - Heihachi & Sweet Tooth at top left; Evil Cole, Radec & Big Daddy at top right
Japanese - PaRappa, Spike, Toro, Raiden & Heihachi
PSX - Sir Daniel, Sweet Tooth, Heihachi, Toro, Spike & PaRappa
PS2 - Sly Cooper, Ratchet, Kratos & Jak
PS3 - Drake, Sackboy, Evil Cole, Radec, Big Daddy, Fat Princess, Dante, Nariko & Cole
Females - Nariko & Fat Princess
Third Party - Heihachi, Raiden, Big Daddy & Dante at furthest corners

My OCD demands that I find order in things!

KingK

Ok, I'll start out with the positives

Spike - Awesome inclusion
Sir Dan - Awesome inclusion
Nariko - Pretty cool and ups the female count, so good decision.

And then you have the shit

Raiden - Could be acceptable if he was a character in addition to Snake, but if he's the sole MGS representative like I'm thinking he is, this is an absolutely laughable, terrible decision. How the fuck could Sony let Smash Bros. have Snake and then not have him in their own game?

Dante - I would be ok with Dante in his original design. Not excited, but it would make sense as a decent 3rd party choice. Making his default appearance the new atrocity of a design is just a terrible decision though that seems more driven by desperate marketing than an attempt to actually make the game better.

Evil Cole - Clone characters suck. I had hoped they would avoid this.

The leaked stages seem pretty good, except I'm not comfortable with a stage from a game that's not even out yet. Honestly, while most of the first party stuff has been handled fairly well, all of the third party shit in this game has just reeked of forced marketing and is really turning me off of the game. Also, I'll be really pissed off if they don't have any Final Fantasy representative in the roster. And please, not Lightning.

TheMink

I checked Hayter's IMDB page to make sure I was not jumping to conclusions on the Snake thing, but his only other credits involve voicing generic NPCs in games like SW:KOTOR.

Also, everyone's been mentioning Snake and the Paul Gale pictures but no one has posted this:

243056359.png

Found here.

That was the first thing we found in that pic

243056359.png

Found here.

lol We were the first ones to find that here on NeoGAF. It was the first thing we found!

Spiegel

Really disappointed with the third party characters. They are all picked for cross promotion with games releasing soon and not for their history with Playstation.

Top Bottom