• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Boss Man

Really disappointed with the third party characters. They are all picked for cross promotion with games releasing soon and not for their history with Playstation.
Indeed, that's really the most disappointing part. "Not Dante" has absolutely no purpose in this game other than to advertise to us. Neither does Lightning, who I'm sure will make it in. Surprised James Bond didn't show up.

That and the prospect of having Cole in two separate slots. >.>

It just looks bad.

SykoTech

Just remembered that Paul said that there was going to be an RPG character, and I don't really see one here. That gives me hope.

Hey at least James Bond isn't there right!?!
:D

Lol, yeah. Right now I just feel somewhat disappointed, but I'd probably be nerd-raging if Bond was confirmed.

TheMink

capturej4j8o.jpg

The goggles are flipped in the Icon :p

ja.jpg

k_Reign

Indeed, that's really the most disappointing part. "Not Dante" has absolutely no purpose in this game other than to advertise to us. Neither does Lightning, who I'm sure will make it in. Surprised James Bond didn't show up.

That and the prospect of having Cole in two separate slots. >.>

It just looks so bad.

Like I said before, I disagree with the Lightning part. They are trying to appeal to a lot of people here. If they only appealed to the people that have been with Playstation for a very long time, they would miss out on the new people. Folks like Lightning, maybe Dante, Raiden, Sackboy, etc, are appealing to the people who have gotten into Playstation fairly recently. They can't just appeal to one group like the people that discuss the game online think they can.

I'm very, very excited to see if Lightning makes it in the game. She's my most anticipated character.

I think we need to see them in action and see them officially revealed before we have people burning things.

Man

Evil Cole most likely takes same slot as good, just press a button to choose which (choice of direction is a big thing in the inFamous games).

So these are confirmed now?

I'm looking forward to see more of the new DmC game but this Dante has nothing to do with PlayStation:

guest-controller-dmc-devil-may-cry-gamescom-art-2-dante_aim_rear_bg1.jpg

While this Dante is one of the most relevant 3rd party characters on Playstation

250px-DMC1FrontCover.jpg

Boss Man

So are we even sure about Lightning anymore? I feel like she would have been in the code.
Big Daddy apparently wasn't, and we've gotten pretty solid confirmation that there's another female and an RPG character in the game.

Like I said before, I disagree with the Lightning part. They are trying to appeal to a lot of people here. If they only appealed to the people that have been with Playstation for a very long time, they would miss out on the new people. Folks like Lightning, maybe Dante, Raiden, Sackboy, etc, are appealing to the people who have gotten into Playstation fairly recently. They can't just appeal to one group like the people that discuss the game online think they can.
That's all fine and dandy, but not only does this "Dino" guy have nothing to do with PlayStation- he's also not recognizable or appealing to anyone. The original Dante would fit better and appeal to a million times more people.

The reality is that Capcom offered the new guy because it offers promotion for them, and even though it doesn't make sense for the game we got it.

It's the same with Lightning. Beyond her representing FF going multiplatform and not a 'PS All-Star', do you really think that Lightning is a more recognizable character than Cloud? Cloud would sell a lot more copies of this game than Lightning would, I promise.

But again, Square probably offered Lightning to promote the FF13 series of games. It's understandable I guess, just disappointing.

The Neo Dante thing is the worst. I honestly wish that they had just not included him at all if that's all they had to go with.

cyborg009

Banned

I'm looking forward to see more of the new DmC game but this Dante has nothing to do with PlayStation:

http://guestcontroller.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/guest-controller-dmc-devil-may-cry-gamescom-art-2-dante_aim_rear_bg1.jpg?w=.640[IMG]

While this Dante has one of the most relevant 3rd party characters on Playstation

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1e/DMC1FrontCover.jpg/250px-DMC1FrontCover.jp.g[IMG][/QUOTE]

Pretty he going have a alternate costume of the original

Salsa

MY FAVOURITE OLD AND IRRELEVANT CHARACTERS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR OLD AND IRRELEVANT FAVOURITE CHARACTERS

jesus christ yes it's dumb Crash/Spyro/Lara/etc. aren't in this but why shit on Sir Daniel as a result?

Daniel is way cooler than Crash and Spyro.

Oh shut up. Medievil was great and Sir Daniel is a cool addition. Hopefully this game can introduce a younger generation to him so we can get a new game...

oh god so angry

im just having a little fun guys, I like MediEvil

this game really is serious business huh

I'm very, very excited to see if Lightning makes it in the game. She's my most anticipated character.

I think we need to see them in action and see them officially revealed before we have people burning things.

Exaclty and the casual fans out there will be like "I don't know about this game, who can I play as?" And if it was entirely PSone and 2 characters they would be like "Who?". So some, SOME, characters that have immediate appeal and recognition are a good thing and I do think the ones they have selected, aside from Big Daddy, still champion the history of Playstation.

Dante, DINO or not, is a 10+ year old character dating back to the early days of PS2, and so is Raiden. So to say these characters aren't part of the history is nonsense.

Kayo-kun

I was looking forward to this, but I dislike the roster from what I've seen so far. It's been quite underwhelming especially when I compare it to the latest Smash bros title.

Also DmC Dante over the original one? ewww

Seems like I'm passing this one.

TheMink

Exaclty and the casual fans out there will be like "I don't know about this game, who can I play as?" And if it was entirely PSone and 2 characters they would be like "Who?". So some, SOME, characters that have immediate appeal and recognition are a good thing and I do think the ones they have selected, aside from Big Daddy, still champion the history of Playstation.

Dante, DINO or not, is a 10+ year old character dating back to the early days of PS2, and so is Raiden. So to say these characters aren't part of the history is nonsense.

I dont get apathy about raiden, ive said like 13 times but im crazy excited for riaden!!!

RAIDEN!!!!! :D

J-Tier

Sir Daniel is probably my favorite inclusion, probably will be my main.

As for the "disappointments", I've come to terms with it. Evil Cole probably has a significant role in the story, so I'll just wait and see.

As for Dante, hey...better than Ryu in my opinion =B

k_Reign

I was looking forward to this, but I dislike the roster from what I've seen so far. It's been quite underwhelming especially when I compare it to the latest Smash bros title.

For you, and for everyone who has said that, play the game. Just once. The quality of each character and the game itself is very high. The characters are each more distinct than the ones in SSB and it shows. Just play it and THEN pass on it.

TDLink

I think this evidence is solid enough that it's more than a rumour at this point. It's possible there are still more characters/stages not included in this "leak" but it seems pretty safe to say that all of the info in this topic is pretty legit.

LuuKyK

I think this evidence is solid enough that it's more than a rumour at this point. It's possible there are still more characters/stages not included in this "leak" but it seems pretty safe to say that all of the info in this topic is pretty legit.

Just so I know for sure... The correct spelling is Rumor or Rumour? I never know. x_x

I dont get apathy about raiden, ive said like 13 times but im crazy excited for riaden!!!

RAIDEN!!!!! :D

You and me both! I love MGS and would have and still would like to see Snake, but I would pick Raiden over Snake if forced. There I said it. In a fighting game Raiden is just more interesting to me. Same with Dante, could care less how he looked because he too will be an awesome character to play as. Plus Alternate costumes fix this whole original and "Not Playstation" one.

vg260

guest-controller-dmc-devil-may-cry-gamescom-art-2-dante_aim_rear_bg1.jpg

While this Dante is one of the most relevant 3rd party characters on Playstation

250px-DMC1FrontCover.jpg

It makes sense marketing-wise, but the choice is still poor in terms of PS significance. Multi-platform and not even out yet. I hate this and the Big Daddy/new Bioshock stage for these reasons.

KingK

The more I hear about this game the less excited I get for it. I went from "day 1" when it was announced to not even planning on buying it.

The Super-only KO system sounds absolutely terrible, especially since I hated Smash Balls and any other OHKO items in Brawl. And the roster on this game looks mediocre at best. Every third party decision has been awful.

I still look forward to playing a beta or demo eventually before I pass final judgement on it, but it's really disappointing that this doesn't seem anywhere close to the game I wanted.

TheMink

You and me both! I love MGS and would have and still would like to see Snake, but I would pick Raiden over Snake if forced. There I said it. In a fighting game Raiden is just more interesting to me. Same with Dante, could care less how he looked because he too will be an awesome character to play as. Plus Alternate costumes fix this whole original and "Not Playstation" one.

I know!!!

I mean how can you not love that :D

Verendus

Banned

People who are recent to Playstation aren't going to all of a sudden recognise DINO, Lightning and Raiden. Out of the three, Raiden is the most recognisable and that's because he's a character who has history and has been around for a decade. His solo game isn't even launching until next year but he doesn't fall in the same category as the other two because he's been around since PS2.

DINO doesn't even have his game released yet, and is far removed from the more recognisable Dante design. Lightning is instantly less recognisable than various FF characters even if her game is recent. Simply because the fanbase for FF isn't exactly ever changing. So having her included means little. Put in Tidus, Yuna, Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth and all would bring in a bigger audience. Cloud, even though ancient, is still far more iconic and recognisable.

The only character out of the third party selection who came out this generation and is immediately recognisable is Big Daddy. That's it. In that respect, his inclusion is somewhat understandable.

Raiden, who is the next most recogniable aside from Heihachi, is someone who has a decade long history. He's not a new character.

And Heihachi has been around since PS1.

Lightning and DINO are odd ones out.

k_Reign

The more I hear about this game the less excited I get for it. I went from "day 1" when it was announced to not even planning on buying it.

The Super-only KO system sounds absolutely terrible, especially since I hated Smash Balls and any other OHKO items in Brawl. And the roster on this game looks mediocre at best. Every third party decision has been awful.

I still look forward to playing a beta or demo eventually before I pass final judgement on it, but it's really disappointing that this doesn't seem anywhere close to the game I wanted.

You should definitely try playing it first. It works really well. It's a ton of fun and I still think everyone should play it before making a decision.

People who are recent to Playstation aren't going to all of a sudden recognise DINO, Lightning and Raiden. Out of the three, Raiden is the most recognisable and that's because he's a character who has history and has been around for a decade. His solo game isn't even launching until next year but he doesn't fall in the same category as the other 2 because he's been around since PS2.

DINO doesn't even have his game released yet, and is far removed from the recognisable Dante, and Lightning is instantly less recognisable than various FF characters even if her game is recent. Simply because the fanbase for FF isn't exactly ever changing. So having her included means little. Put in Tidus, Yuna, Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth and all would bring in a bigger audience.

The only character out of the third party selection who came out this generation and is immediately recognisable is Big Daddy. That's it. In that respect, his inclusion is somewhat understandable.

Raiden, who is the next most recogniable aside from Heihachi, is someone who has a decade long history. He's not a new character.

And Heihachi has been around since PS1.

Lightning and DINO are odd ones out.

Yeah, maybe to you. I know a lot of people that have only played 13 as far as Final Fantasy games go and they would love to see Lightning in the game. There are a lot of people that have a lot of different experiences. No one here can speak for all of them.

Boss Man

I think the fact that she wasnt in the code is suspect as well.

But i believe my source, so yes im sure about lightning.
What? Since when do you have a source Mink?? Are you talking about Paul Gale or something or do you actually know someone?

Well hey, makes it easier for me. One less game I am buying this year.

These posts can't be serious, right? Play the game then form an opinion, there will be a beta and most likely a demo for this game.

Drago

What? Since when do you have a source Mink?? Are you talking about Paul Gale or something or do you actually know someone?

He's had a source for a while now and he won't reveal it

Everything he has been told has been confirmed by this leak, plus a few other things not leaked (Lightning)

LuuKyK

Did you play the beta?

It is one of the most fun I had ever.

Top Bottom