• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemondish

I don't think I was.... what was the response?

It was a three minute snippet of gameplay from early in the game that they streamed over Twitch. That should tell you all you need to know about the quality or content. In any case...

The response was extremely negative. There was talk of a downgrade being evident (wardrobe and scene changes were what actually Galen's) and blanket statements decrying the entire game as generic. We haven't yet received the HQ video (tomorrow) alongside some impressions from journalists, but at this point the immediate response was one of disgust.

I ain't even mad.. what they shown was not that impressive. At least not impressive enough for me to get it at $40 or more. Give them more time to improve the game. I'm sure it'll be all worth it.

viveks86

I don't think I was.... what was the response?

A portion of GAF the whole internet criticized hated was disgusted by the footage and thought the game was boring. So they decided overnight to delay the game by 3-4 months. Because that's how long it takes to make a boring game fun.

Sony better hope multiplats look significantly better than the Ones otherwise there's no reason to get a ps4 over Xbone in 2014.

Personally I've already said I'll be waiting for The Order (assuming it's not total trash) to get a PS4 so it looks like I'll be waiting a little longer.

You think Sunset Overdrive is reason enough to push people into Xbox one territory at the expense of the PS4. Hint : You are mistaken.
Neither Forza, nor an Insomniac production will set the world on fire, propelling the console into the first place. COD, Assassins Creed, Dragon Age, Destiny...will have far more appeal, and Sony has the upper hand in that area.

Ishida

Banned
This is bad, really bad for Sony. What have they got in terms of exclusive games this year? Both Microsoft and Nintendo are miles ahead in this sector it seems.

garycoleman-wtf.gif

S¡mon

Banned
If you go back and see what they announced last year, you'll get your answers.
A bunch of small digital (indie) games, oh, and The Order: 1886 + a teaser for Uncharted.

Two AAA games, of which one is rumoured to be delayed while we haven't even gotten a real trailer from the other one.

Rodelero

Why would Driveclub not count because it got delayed? So if Order releases 2015 it counts as a 2014 title because of the delay? Stupid logic.

I guess it's a way of discounting a game because it doesn't suit a particular viewpoint.

From what we saw of DriveClub at E3 - and what I played at a preview event - I'm delighted we're getting Driveclub in 2014.

StuBurns

Banned
Last E3, Shuhei Yoshida says there are more than X number of projects internally by Sony Worldwide studios. Have they hit the numbers yet? How does it compared with Microsoft?
Those lists were sketchy as hell.

In terms of retail games, Sony should at least have these coming:

The Last Guardian
Until Dawn
Uncharted 4
Gran Turismo 7
God of War 4
Media Molecule's game
Sony Bend's game
Guerrilla Games' game
Quantic Dreams' game

People seem to think they have a project with Sanzaru Games, but I kind of doubt it given their staff size and that they have other projects in development.
Sold more copies than KZ did in it's first month, but I'm positive your response to that will be that KZ is exclusive and Titanfall isn't/you were only talking about the X1 numbers'. Also it moved a decent amount of consoles, although it's no guarantee Titanfall was why.
SF is over two million, I don't know what TF is at on XBO, probably around there, I wasn't mocking him, I was asking.

dmr87

Boring of course, but there are plenty of games this fall/winter.

Alien
Destiny
Evil Within
Dragon Age
Drive Club
Batman
Evolve
CoD
Far Cry 4

And more

Lemondish

This is bad, really bad for Sony. What have they got in terms of exclusive games this year? Both Microsoft and Nintendo are miles ahead in this sector it seems.

Owning just a PS4, I feel kind of let down by this.

How? Halo 2 and SO are all we know about, right? Wait until E3 before putting on your concern face.

Furthermore, I'm certain that Sony could go into this holiday without a single other exclusive and still sell a hell of a lot of consoles.

ghst
thanks for the laugh
(Today, 01:28 AM)

Totally beat me to it lol.

Sony better hope multiplats look significantly better than the Ones otherwise there's no reason to get a ps4 over Xbone in 2014.

Personally I've already said I'll be waiting for The Order (assuming it's not total trash) to get a PS4 so it looks like I'll be waiting a little longer.

Why would they need to HOPE for something that already exists and is only going to get wider given the PS4's vastly superior hardware, especially the graphics card?

ND said this in December with their holiday greetings post:

Believe!

Please be something crazy like Crash...

LOL? Please? That sign must have shown up for a reason when Sony has barely been able to acknowledge the game for so long until recently with the image and Cerny coming out to Crash music.

keep in mind this year is 20th anniversary for Playstation, so this should be big. No way would Sony let that slip without dropping any bombs.

I think it's time for The Last Guardian re-reveal.

There must be something, even GopherD did a little tease about the anniversary, though who knows if it'll be a thing for this year's E3 or not I guess.

thuway

It was a three minute snippet of gameplay from early in the game that they streamed over Twitch. That should tell you all you need to know about the quality or content. In any case...

The response was extremely negative. There was talk of a downgrade being evident (wardrobe and scene changes were what actually Galen's) and blanket statements decrying the entire game as generic. We haven't yet received the HQ video (tomorrow) alongside some impressions from journalists, but at this point the immediate response was one of disgust.
Holy shit. What? Dat concern.

doge-600.png

In that thread the overwhelming response was that the game looked like CG, trolls who didn't understand post processing, the Game director directly addressing the community with the statement, "Downgrade my balls.", and about half the people people mentioning game play looked generic. Peddling this bullshit about a downgrade in spite of the Game Director's insistence is silly.

The fuck GAF. Disgust? Really?

QaaQer

Come for the news, stay for the yucks.

N.Domixis

Banned
Another thing that I don't get is that people dont think sony can announce new games for this year when its rumored microsoft has a halo hd and forza? If microsoft can do it, sony can too.

Nope the response from concern trolls was extremely negative, the response from people there to see the game in action was more along the lines of "holy shit how are they pulling off these insane graphics" as seen in the thread when the gameplay was actually airing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Well, I don't know if I'd say...disgust...

Salex_

S¡mon;113550103 said:
A bunch of small digital (indie) games, oh, and The Order: 1886 + a teaser for Uncharted.

Two AAA games, of which one is rumoured to be delayed while we haven't even gotten a real trailer from the other one.

Keep looking, there's more.

DNAbro

Why would the Xbone all of a sudden overtake PS4 because of this delay. I don't get some people. The price drop will close the gap, but it's not like either console has loads of exclusives coming out this year. Come on.

Because people are vastly overestimating the effect of unproven IP.

or console wars BS. Most likely the the second one.

Ishida

Banned

What the fuck is this? In what alternate reality do you live? The response was anything BUT negative.

I... I just cant'. Trolling has increased a lot lately.

boingball

Well, I made that prediction back in February. End of Year DriveClub, early next year The Order and end of next year Uncharted 4. Two of those predictions have come true (well, The Order is still a rumor of course). UC4 could actually come even later because of the reshuffling within ND.

I wonder whether this will give MS a chance to get back on top in the US. If they manage to release some exclusives will Sony is stuck with The Show and a new racing IP which on paper has less power than the MS offering (Forza is 1080p/60fps after all, of course with very little next gen effects). UC4 hits when Halo hits and even though Halo is not what it was it will outsell Uncharted easily.

Please be something crazy like Crash...

LOL? Please? That sign must have shown up for a reason when Sony has barely been able to acknowledge the game for so long until recently with the image and Cerny coming out to Crash music.

If they announced they have Crash again, id forgive the drought.

Didn't Sony sort of announce it's Halo HD with Last of Us?

I'd say so. Sony doesn't seem like the type to pull out HD collections as replacements for actual game releases, and even when they do, they aren't nearly to the caliber of something like Halo CE Anniversary. If anything, I'd place money on a The Last Guardian re-reveal for fall 2014 as their big punch for the year. Maybe a big third paarty exclusive (like Crash) if we're lucky

Another thing that I don't get is that people dont think sony can announce new games for this year when its rumored microsoft has a halo hd and forza? If microsoft can do it, sony can too.

It's less likely, to be brutally honest.

Halo is just a remaster collection. And Forza is an annual franchise between Horizon and Mptorsport. Annual franchise games aren't announced a year in advance.

Besides, normally games that get announced and released year in year are established IPs. Titles like Gran Turismo, Killzone, Ratchet, etc.

Sony has released a game in all their established IP lineup in the past 15 months,excluding Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet.

Vitter.

Did it have a release date ?

it did not, it was RUMORED for the end of the year, but they never ever announced a release date, so I dunno what are we talking about really, little was shown about the game, this sounds fair to me, early 2015.

Keep reading. I said that it was dubbed a system seller by MS it was their Ace in the hole. It failed, I know that, you know that, MS know that. But pre launch it was the must have title.
Eh, I just wanted to use that gif xD. That is correct tho; sucks for them.

Game costs are rocketing, so less games are being made, for higher costs.

It isn't just at Sony either, this is happening all across the industry.
One of the biggest problems w/ the industry. I'm almost ready to say "fuck AAA gaming", seriously. But I'm restraining myself from saying that.

StuBurns

Banned
Well ports can kind of appear from nowhere because you can just throw Bluepoint a couple of million, but full games have to be built, a contract has to be in place for years, and studios have to be established. That stuff can and does happen in secret, but it's rare that the existence of a project is a surprise.

Sucks if true but better to make sure the game is truly polished than release a half assed rush job. The 3rd party games will all look better on PS4 and there are plenty of them coming.

Lemondish

What the fuck is this? In what alternate reality do you live? The response was anything BUT negative.

Did you miss the other thread that was closed? It was filled with folks unhappy about the footage. It doesn't stop here with GAF, either. Twitter was alight with complaints and the CTO even came out to say that he doesn't care if you think the game looks like liquid shit, they're still happy with it anyway.

There's always a vocal minority that has a lot to say following a big name reveal, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it this negative. How they released it was also a source of unhappiness. I can agree with them there.

Mumford

I mean I was probably going to be playing Wii U games all fall anyways, but Jesus Sony. You gotta get your shit together here. I really hope they have an ace up their sleeves.

Ishida

Banned
Did you miss the other thread that was closed? It was filled with folks unhappy about the footage. It doesn't stop here with GAF, either. Twitter was alight with complaints and the CTO even came out to say that he doesn't care if you think the game looks like liquid shit, they're still happy with it anyway.

There's always a vocal minority sowing a big name reveal, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it this negative. How they released it was also a source of unhappiness. I can agree with them there.

Most of those complains came from Trolls without any kind of argument. Did you forget the "comparison pics" which showed a clear upgrade, and yet were regarded as "downgrades"?

Rembrandt

Banned
How they released it was also a source of unhappiness. I can agree with them there.

That was incredibly dumb of them. I don't understand why they chose Twitch of all places to show off this quick gameplay. That's just asking for people to be disappointed no matter what you shown. (Unless your previous reveals were more in-depth or its GTA)

Most of those complains came from Trolls without any kind of argument. Did you forget the "comparison pics" which showed a clear upgrade, and yet were regarded as "downgrades"?

Those were obvious trolls, but the thread was full of people saying the game wasn't anything special besides for the graphics/Sony's GoW.

Lemondish

Calling someone a troll because they don't agree with you seems intellectually dishonest.

The comparison pics were clearly ignorance or trolls, but that wasn't the whole thread. There were a lot of folks unhappy with the reveal and I think it's wrong to just call them trolls.

Ha, I've been here long enough. But I still can't help but question statements like that.

Anyhow, I'm thrilled Driveclub is coming this year. It looks gorgeous, so the delay was well worth it in my opinion.

The members here are getting worst man lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom