• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJ is no more, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan/Asia formed in its place

sohois

This is like the lamest april fools joke ever. SCEJ is being dissolved and replaced with SCEJ/A. Hilarious

z0m3le

Banned
Well today marks a new business year, so it is the day you would announce something like this... Sort of would be weird for Sony to make a joke about something like this, even on april fools, on their Japanese site.

Mikey Jr.

Can't day I'm surprised. Their output was abysmal.

Also, its a sign of the times. America and Europe have really taken over in terms of game development.

Edit: The fuck is going on?

Eusis

April Fool's jokes wouldn't be written like this. They'd be talking about moving everyone to America or Europe, not consolidating all of the Asian branches under one banner.

So, yeah, just bad timing.

Danj

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, Sony Computer Entertainment Asia, and Sony Computer Entertainment Pan-Asia are being dissolved as of today.

Being formed in their place is Sony Computer Entertainment Japan/Asia, led by President Hiroshi Kawano.

Dat sensationalist thread title.

But yeah even if it is the beginning of a new financial year, 1 April is a dumb day to announce anything that's actually a) true and b) important.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if this means that publishing games from an Asian country that's not Japan to SCE would be actually possible.

Wonder if this will actually change anything in the whole Asian and Japanese releases.

Probably not though, so I can keep getting those cheaper Asian editions!

Top Bottom