• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate Intel Panel hearing on Russian interference and activities ( livestream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphagnum

Banned
It looks like they helped the occupy Wall Street movement.

Russia tends to try to infiltrate any countercultural movement. Doesn't mean the movement itself is invalid. They did it all the time during the Cold War (for more valid reasons).

Holy shit; now I know why they started with these ppl. The depth of the Russian misinformation campaign are HUGE. They're everywhere and Trump is just the most public success.

PSY・S;233047672 said:
Just turned it on. Did he say the Russians supported Bernie?

He's saying they tried, like a fusillade against anything that would be considered U.S. stability. They swarmed through Trump when those actions gained more traction.

KoopaTheCasual

No I believe they are saying russia is amplifying protests (through online sources) to sow discord.
Ugh, still disgusting.

Now it's clear to me why so many jackasses want to label BLM as a "terrorist group", from reading all this bullshit fake news. Its hard enough being a black dude, and then when I say I support BLM sometimes I get worried looks.

Fuck you, Russia.
Holy shit; now I know why they started with these ppl. The depth of the Russian misinformation campaign are HUGE. They're everywhere and Trump is just the most public success.
This is enlightening. I feel like we're learning way more here.

This might also tie into how the CIA looks down on the FBI with the handling of Russia, saying they (FBI) don't see the bigger picture. This is probably (my guess) what they're alluding to. Goddamn.

PSY・S;233047672 said:
Just turned it on. Did he say the Russians supported Bernie?

They're likely to support "outsider" or "radical" candidates, anything that throws the established order into some kind of disarray or turmoil or casts doubt on established institutions. It seems rather natural they would co-opt the Sanders candidacy and a lot of his message. Doubtful he had any part in it though, considering his actions to get behind Hillary Clinton's candidacy and continued criticism of Trump.

Flo_Evans

Damn. Turns out Trump is quite the puppet. Just getting baited time and time again with fake news.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Trump being a puppet or actually being involved. If it turns out he just got played hard by Russian intelligence its bad for him but enough for impeachment?

theWB27

Damn. Turns out Trump is quite the puppet. Just getting baited time and time again with fake news.

I don't think the picture they're painting is saying Trump is a puppet. It looks like he's using Putins tactics to sow discord. Cause he's connected.

Crosseyes

Banned
Not create BLM itself, but the riots leading up to the election that involved the organization.
Also when you have people convinced that BLM rallies are always violent and have rioting and wherever BLM goes there spreads civil unrest and violence...

That's the stories and information that Russia tries to get as many people to read and convince as many people as possible that it's true.

KingV

Not create BLM itself, but the riots leading up to the election that involved the organization.

I would believe that, negative BLM headlines have almost disappeared since the election ended.

This might be partially because there haven't been many high profile police shootings and that the media has become a 24/7 Trump watching machine, so it's hard to tell for sure.

And Cotton was the one claiming that the GOP would get wiped out if they got wiped out.

Extreme Republicans never do learn, do they?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I don't think the picture they're painting is saying Trump is a puppet. It looks like he's using Putins tactics to sow discord. Cause he's connected.

It can go either way. One paints him as incompetent and impulsive, the other as a conspirator in it.

Putin and Trump are reading from the same book.

Of course, Trump is only intelligent enough to look at the pictures. His methods aren't nearly as sophisticated or thought-out, but it's enough to win over his idiot base.

Prax

Trump being the weak link that brings the US to shambles because he can't help but be clickbaited.. Amazing.

Clinton Watts: "Russia sitting on information 'nukes' because they hacked 3 - 4000 people."

The reason they hit the voter rolls is so they can get a list of people to target.

They're likely to support "outsider" or "radical" candidates, anything that throws the established order into some kind of disarray or turmoil or casts doubt on established institutions. It seems rather natural they would co-opt the Sanders candidacy and a lot of his message. Doubtful he had any part in it though, considering his actions to get behind Hillary Clinton's candidacy and continued criticism of Trump.

Sanders has barely said anything on Russia and his campaign manager had ties to Russia similar to Manafort IIRC

theWB27

It can go either way. One paints him as incompetent and impulsive, the other as a conspirator in it.

Can it be incompetence when you tie his possible financial ties to Russia in with his? I see no other reason why he won't release his taxes.

I think Trump is just the fucking moron who is easily influenced. People like Manafort and Bannon are the real perps on this side of the ocean who are criminally culpable. The entire Trump family were willing idiots, and it will remain to be seen how knowledgeable they were of what the actual intent was.

I still don't think Trump will be impeached unless something very concrete comes out. You'll see the administration tarnished beyond belief though. That's about all I hope for.

I think Trump is just the fucking moron who is easily influenced. People like Manafort and Bannon are the real perps on this side of the ocean who are criminally culpable. The entire Trump family were willing idiots, and it will remain to be seen how knowledgeable they were of what the actual intent was.

I really doubt that. I think there is almost certainly some money trail leading directly from Russia to Trump. He's an idiot, but even he's not that braindead.

It's amazing to hear the different between this hearing and the House hearing. Much more of a focus on the information and less about party lines.

(PS: I believe that Nunez was skewing the House hearing.)

Also, good on them for identifying the insertion of information onto personal computers.

Ithil

I still don't think Trump will be impeached unless something very concrete comes out. You'll see the administration tarnished beyond belief though. That's about all I hope for.

Trump is most certainly swimming in Russian business deals with banks and corporations. He didn't even hide this in years past.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I think or hope that republicans, especially those that are impartial and can put country before party, will want to get to the bottom of this because they will understand that the game being played is far larger than any of them imagined. I bet Rubio was like wtf when he heard that he was subjected to being the target of this stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom