• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silk Road 2.0 and 2 other darknet drug markets seized by the FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
Criminals specialize too. Silk Road and similar drug bazaars weren't selling hitmen services. In fact the original SIlk Road used to sell guns but the owner had second thoughts about that and eventually banned their sales so someone else created "The Armory" to make up for the bannings.

His point about selling drugs through online being safer is correct since you don't have to deal with face to face encounters anymore.

What I don't agree with is that the government shouldn't shut these businesses down. Drugs are still pretty harmful depending on their addiction potential.

Also the end customer may be getting it in a "nonviolent way", doesn't mean a dozen people didn't get murdered in Mexico to get the drugs onto the market in the first place...

livestOne

So, slightly OT, i've always wondered, is the quality better or worse than what you could get from a dealer off the street? I imagine fewer hands being traded between equals higher quality goods, but then again it's still the internet.

the allure is you don't have to buy from some shady guy in a dark alleyway

So, slightly OT, i've always wondered, is the quality better or worse than what you could get from a dealer off the street? I imagine fewer hands being traded between equals higher quality goods, but then again it's still the internet.
From what I've heard, it's marginally better in some cases, but much more expensive in all cases. The dealers ("vendors") seem to be low- to mid-level with marginal connections.

KrellRell

Should be the same. The drugs are made once, then sold multiple times down the line, they aren't changing them as they go.

Fusebox

Banned

Depends where you live, the wide selection of quality pot strains available on Silk Road was luxury for us Aussies who aren't used to having a lot of choice but it wasn't cheap.

On the other hand if you live in British Columbia you probably wouldn't be as impressed.

Not surprising all these sites that quickly spawned up afterwards, were made by idiots just trying to get in quickly to retake the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom