• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore |OT| Launch Party (2012-still going)

Crocodile

So, yeah...

Been hinting at this for a while, but can finally talk about it...!

Arc System Works will be publishing Skullgirls 2nd Encore in Japan, with full Japanese audio.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/06085287.html

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/skullgirls2nd_e/

Interesting. Who's paying for that dub and what is the cast list? I saw on twitter that said dub is Japanese exclusive which I find a bit ironic but also weird (but then again I have no idea how VA rights work). English VA is already great (and the original voices too!) so I can't say its a big loss though :p

Just in Japan or in America too (I'd assume as a limited release?)

Saikyo

They are going to have dual audio or they are stuck with only jap dubs? The story mode is dubbed in japanese? There is options for english text?

Hope that the file structure is not that different so someone can mod the japanese voices on pc just for fun...

No news about new dlc on steam I guess (voiced story mode, trials...)?

While this thread has resurfaced, any news on the EU PS4 theme? I'm just itching to replace this default one with superior Skullgirls.

Oh and it's been cool to see how this game evolved to become the complete package it is now, I may be arse at it but even so, from the days of not being able to look up your movelist to the long teasing gallery being populated by some great art, what a ride.

Ravidrath

Right now, Japanese audio for the West seems unlikely. The rights to the voice files are REALLY expensive, like... half the cost of the port, by themselves.

We'd love to figure out a way to do this, but right now it doesn't seem likely.

While this thread has resurfaced, any news on the EU PS4 theme? I'm just itching to replace this default one with superior Skullgirls.

Actually, can you check your library?

We haven't heard anything from them lately, but think this should be out for everyone by now.

Beats

I might import just to have a physical copy. I'm curious to see how it will do sales wise.

@Ravidrath:

Are you able to share who will be the VAs for the JP dub yet?

Right now, Japanese audio for the West seems unlikely. The rights to the voice files are REALLY expensive, like... half the cost of the port, by themselves.

We'd love to figure out a way to do this, but right now it doesn't seem likely.

Will import then.

Congratulations for the deal.

Hubb

We have the full list, but we're going to leave it up to Arc to release that information on their own.

I will say that we're very happy with the selections.

Is the Vita inching closer to release? Cleared up some space on my memory card, just playing the waiting game now.

blazeaire

Wow, very nice! Japanese voices don't mean anything to me so I won't double dip but really awesome for you guys to get Arc to publish this :D.

Just wondering, is there any chance of any DLC characters in the future or will it just be another new game altogether? This is my first Skullgirls so I'm not if this is still part of the 'first' game that came out but really enjoying it, especially since I'm just a casual fighting fan and the awesome tutorials helped me a lot <3

Wow, very nice! Japanese voices don't mean anything to me so I won't double dip but really awesome for you guys to get Arc to publish this :D.

Just wondering, is there any chance of any DLC characters in the future or will it just be another new game altogether? This is my first Skullgirls so I'm not if this is still part of the 'first' game that came out but really enjoying it, especially since I'm just a casual fighting fan and the awesome tutorials helped me a lot <3

Lab Zero will be working on Indivisible for quite some time if the indiegogo is a success, so it will probably be a few years until we see more SG content.

Saikyo

She's playing all the non-Filia roles, actually.

giphy.gif

Bumping thread: indiegogo campaign got an update, the Digital OST and art compendium have been updated! And they are finalizing the Physical OST's to ship em out by the end of the month.......this will be the last update we get from them I think. Kinda sad, its been a fun ride though!

Ravidrath

New PS4 patch today!

- Adds support for the PS4's "Recently Met" feature
- Makes "By The Scruff of Their Necks" attainable by humans
- Fixes an age-gating bug SCEE found

Ravidrath

The complete soundtrack and Digital Art Compendium are now available for sale to non-backers!

http://skullgirls.com/store/

$14.99 for the complete OST, $24.99 for the Digital Art Compendium.

We'll be releasing the DLC music on iTunes, Amazon, etc. at a later date, which will be $9.99 for the "Append" disc. So that would be cheaper if you have the soundtrack already, but if you don't, this is the cheapest way to get all the music.

Ban Puncher

Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PS4 is on sale on the PSN at the moment. The PS4 theme is also available to buy for $4.55 AUD. So I buy SG2E and then go back to buy the theme.

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You already own

Skullgirls 2nd Encore

pnKZAYB.jpg

Called Sony. "We can't refund you so you can buy the theme first then re-buy the game because that's too hard but what we can do is ESCALATE your issue - you should hear from us in 7 to 10 working days."

LphjDxz.jpg

Sent Lab Zero an email.

Piccoro

Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PS4 is on sale on the PSN at the moment. The PS4 theme is also available to buy for $4.55 AUD. So I buy SG2E and then go back to buy the theme.

Sent Lab Zero an email.

Did you check your download list? When I bought 2nd Encore at launch, they gave me the theme for free.
It's worth checking if you have it in your download list.

Also, a question for Ravidrath:
Do you guys have an ETA on the Lobby mode for SG PS4?
I love to play this game online, but it's a little barren and deserted due to the lack of lobbies... :/
Thanks.

Ban Puncher

Did you check your download list? When I bought 2nd Encore at launch, they gave me the theme for free.
It's worth checking if you have it in your download list.

It's not in my download list. And if it was, the storefront listing would of let me re-download it instead of telling me to hit bricks.

Ravidrath

Sent Lab Zero an email.

Huh, no idea what's going on here or how I could possibly help with it. I guess you're in Oz? So I'd have to talk to SCEE to figure something out.

Also, a question for Ravidrath:
Do you guys have an ETA on the Lobby mode for SG PS4?
I love to play this game online, but it's a little barren and deserted due to the lack of lobbies... :/
Thanks.

Wish I could give you an estimate, but the Vita version is proving to be a bit of a bear.

This sounds like SCEE (i.e. that one guy they have apparently working on the store) mucking up their licenses once again

good luck lol

Top Bottom