• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore |OT| Launch Party (2012-still going)

Surprise!

SkullGirls 2: Deadly Airport is now available on iOS!

CR9S0G3UYAAsS4R.jpg:large

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skullgirls-2-deadly-airport/id1027233987?mt=8
What is this?

JeTmAn81

We need the compression to get things to fit into memory at all.

Skullgirls' memory shuffling is already remarkable, and is constantly streaming things in and out of memory, and keeping the essential things there all the time.

That's the only way to get six ~90 meg characters to work in the PS3's 256mb of RAM.

Right, for some reason I was thinking storage space rather than RAM. At least the Vita has 512MB so that probably helps a bit. I'd love to take a peek at UMVC3's source and see how they handle all that stuff. Too bad Capcom probably isn't willing to share any of its tricks.

Hop on what? iOS?

I'm not sure. Just acknowledging this exists and it happened after you do your legal thing and make it not anymore.

An Easter Egg alternate title screen & New Deadly Airport stage for 2nd Encore.

That NeoGeo Pocket Color version of Skullgirls.

Skullgirls 2: Deadly Airport being that Dating Sim/Beat-Em-Up we all secretly want!

All of the above are things take work and all of you are super busy with that one thing we all want to see you guys make.

And since I have the attention of the Head Honcho and with 2nd Encore on the way to NESiCA is what ever happened to linking up with French-Bread and Under Night In-Birth? That Filia sprite was amazing!

Ravidrath

Right, for some reason I was thinking storage space rather than RAM. At least the Vita has 512MB so that probably helps a bit. I'd love to take a peek at UMVC3's source and see how they handle all that stuff. Too bad Capcom probably isn't willing to share any of its tricks.

Well, you only get like... 268 megs on Vita. Rest goes to the OS.

So it's not much better than PS3 at all.

Saikyo

I guess having Daisuke Ono dubbing is half the budget, ASW sparing nothing to make skullgirls popular on Japan, I think some seyuus are overkill but...

i-Jest

Ravidrath

Any pics of the JP premium physical release for Skullgirls? I wonder how the artbook and soundtrack look.

I've seen pics of the insides of the artbook, but it was WIP.

The Premium version has the new cover by Alex of Filia and Squigly, and the artbook has the creepy Double cover.

The soundtrack should look pretty much identical to the US one, although I believe it's a single disc of selections instead of the full two-disc OST.

Ravidrath

Will the physical version only be sold in Japan?

For now, yes.

We'd like to work out something for the US version, but we're holding off until we have a clearer idea on the JP voice situation, and until lobbies are out.

If we do a US physical release, we don't want to have to update it for another other than a possible pre-Evo balance pass.

And if we do it, it'll probably be a pre-order thing, similar to the Breast Cancer Research charity poster we did with Sanshee. So we'll put up preorders and then we'll manufacture them if we hit some kind of minimum order.

Jintor

ravi every time i try and play this in a japanese arcade everybody else is too loud. please issue a patch to make every machine around me shut up so i can hear the voice acting.

thanks for making it happen, I can finally play skullgirls on a real ass arcade machine

The physical release right now is only for Japan, so yes.

I would love an English copy on a cartridge, as I'm sure many Vita fans have already made clear. I don't have a lot of space left on my 64 GB memory card and every GB counts now.

If not on your own, maybe through Limited Run Games?

Ravidrath

I would love an English copy on a cartridge, as I'm sure many Vita fans have already made clear. I don't have a lot of space left on my 64 GB memory card and every GB counts now.

If not on your own, maybe through Limited Run Games?

We'll probably do a US limited physical run of PS4, and I guess there's no reason we couldn't extend it to Vita, also.

We're not going to do any Western physical runs until the lobby patch is out, though.

I guess at worst, I'll end up with two copies, like Child of Light when the NA release came a year later.

Waiting to put a mostly patched game on a physical copy is actually kinda nice.

Olengie

We'll probably do a US limited physical run of PS4, and I guess there's no reason we couldn't extend it to Vita, also.

We're not going to do any Western physical runs until the lobby patch is out, though.

I'm down for that.

In the meantime, I'll import the JPN version.

AdaWong

I know the announcement is coming up eventually, but any idea/estimates on when the game will be available in the US digitally?

That would be be extremely awesome. We know you've put a tremendous amount of time and effort into the Vita version. Probably more than it should be worth. And it's something, I assure you, that is appreciated and admired.

Especially if it helps supplement the sales of the Vita version by selling a couple thousand people a second copy, I hope you'll definitely consider it.

AdaWong

She looks sooooo good in her Indivisible design.

Where dem crazy #TeamAnnie fans at?

Show them the pic
and quickly throw them indiegogo link
Retreat and watch the campaign hit that $1.5 in a click
Man this poem is sick!

Top Bottom