• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore |OT| Launch Party (2012-still going)

Ravidrath

Languages are fully customizable.

Defaults to the system languages, but voice and text languages can be customized independently after that.

Uraizen

Banned
Really hope we can release them some day, but the voice rights are really expensive.

Like, if we charged for them as DLC, we'd have to sell like 15k+ copies just to break even.

How much are we talking here? Hearing some of these character being played by my favorite VAs are awesome.

Not sure this is the best place to ask, but any word on when the CDs are going out? I haven't received my copy yet and was wondering if they were still pending.

Not mad or complaining; merely curious.

Ravidrath

Not sure this is the best place to ask, but any word on when the CDs are going out? I haven't received my copy yet and was wondering if they were still pending.

Not mad or complaining; merely curious.

They should be going out now, in fact.

Let me check with Sanshee, but pretty sure they've started shipping.

just pulled the ost out of the mailbox. wasn't expecting it at all. i was looking at the package trying to think what it could be when i saw the sender lol

So I know this question has been asked a million times probably and I'm sorry but anything on SkullGirls for BC on the Xbox 1? Would love for that to happen sometime soon so I can finally get my friends to get the game and see why I still never shut up about it. That and I would love for the population and community on the 360 to be rejuvenated.

Ravidrath

So I know this question has been asked a million times probably and I'm sorry but anything on SkullGirls for BC on the Xbox 1? Would love for that to happen sometime soon so I can finally get my friends to get the game and see why I still never shut up about it. That and I would love for the population and community on the 360 to be rejuvenated.

I'll check on this - Marvelous should have everything they need to get it up on there.

I take it no Vita version in 2015?

Hmm.

Arc System Works has submitted the Vita version to SCEJ for final certification, so we're waiting to hear back on that.

Since today's the 8th it seems possible that we could get it out before the end of the month, but only just. And only if we pass SCEJ cert the first time.

Once we pass SCEJ cert, then I'll submit it to SCEA and SCEE.

SCEJ tends to be the hardest territory to pass, so I'm fairly confident that one we pass there that the other two territories will go through on their first try.

Got the OST and sketch in the mail (I got Parasoul wearing glasses). Forgot about those rewards (and was thinking the package was LWA 2 related) but I'm glad I got them anyway. Now I got something new to listen in my car

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'll check on this - Marvelous should have everything they need to get it up on there.

Hmm.

Arc System Works has submitted the Vita version to SCEJ for final certification, so we're waiting to hear back on that.

Since today's the 8th it seems possible that we could get it out before the end of the month, but only just. And only if we pass SCEJ cert the first time.

Once we pass SCEJ cert, then I'll submit it to SCEA and SCEE.

SCEJ tends to be the hardest territory to pass, so I'm fairly confident that one we pass there that the other two territories will go through on their first try.

Thanks for the info!

Pleasant surprise yesterday, got the soundtrack and sketch card (got a cool sketch of Grendel).

Im gonna take a picture of all the items together and post here when I can. Feels good man. :)

Crocodile

I got my physical OST and sketch card this week. Thank you so much and thank you Lab Zero for all your hard work on this game <3

I think you mentioned it earlier in passing but is there any hope/interest in a physical edition of the game for the West? Like I'd assume it would have to be a limited run print or something (maybe minimum # of orders through an online store before any are produced) but I'm sure if you swagged it up enough you could ship out some collector's edition for $40-60.

Ravidrath

I got my physical OST and sketch card this week. Thank you so much and thank you Lab Zero for all your hard work on this game <3

I think you mentioned it earlier in passing but is there any hope/interest in a physical edition of the game for the West? Like I'd assume it would have to be a limited run print or something (maybe minimum # of orders through an online store before any are produced) but I'm sure if you swagged it up enough you could ship out some collector's edition for $40-60.

Yeah, we'd like to do a limited run / direct sale sort of package, but not until the lobbies patch is out.

CDiggity

Chrismas came early. I was worried because when I found the package at my place it was pretty banged up and wet, but bubble wrap saves the day yet again.

hKDtJlf.jpg

Thanks Lab Zero!

CDiggity

Glad you're enjoying your swag, and sorry it took so long to finish!

And I love that series of awkward Xmas sweater cat picture postcards they did, haha.

No problem, I've crowdfunded enough projects to know that this stuff takes time.

Also, I just realized what you get when you put Painwheel in one of those sweaters.
A Christmas Carol

That makes me enjoy it that much more.

Ravidrath

Does it reap any benefits from being on next generation hardware or is it still mostly on par with the 360 version?

We literally just found out this was happening last night, so we haven't had a chance to test any of it. Earl's girlfriend has an Xbox One so I'm going to have him look at it.

I would expect if it improves anything, though, it'd just be load times?

They also messed up the DLC situation somehow, so we're going to work on resolving that with them.

I'm so happy this game is finally bc. In all honesty it forever prevented me from selling my 360 due to the fact there was never a time I didn't want to play it every now and then. Also it runs pretty damn good. Now it's just a matter of convincing all my friends to buy the game.

I know it's a bit late but any chance for a character bundle for people that are now just buying the game? Could understand why not with indiegogo and everything.

Ravidrath

I know it's a bit late but any chance for a character bundle for people that are now just buying the game? Could understand why not with indiegogo and everything.

I'd like to lower the price of the core game and bundle all the DLC together, so the total price is in line with the PS4 version.

I put the request in with Marvelous, but everything takes forever with MS Japan, so I have no idea when this will go into effect.

We wanted have a sale to coincide with the Xbox One release, but that was pretty much impossible to coordinate through MS Japan. I mean, they didn't even tell us this was happening until last night, and we put the request in months ago.

TheOGB

Banned
Sweet! So what's the current status of lobbies, then?

Also I just gotta say, I got this on PS4 recently (just before it was in the flash sale, lol...) and other than desperately needing that theme, the challenges are pretty fun. Have to kill a team of 3 with blockbusters only? No prob
Double's cat heads + Moai head + ALL THE BUTTONS

i-Jest

Haha, beat me to it.

Happy to answer any questions people have about this.

YAAASSS!!! Congrats to the Skullgirls team. You pushed the Vita to its limits and came out on top. If there are ever physical retail versions available best believe I'm gonna double dip. I hope Sony doesn't make a big stink about the loading times, especially when it comes to the bigger characters.

Ravidrath

Figured I'd get out ahead of this...

Japanese release has been delayed again, and is now TBA.

I believe this delay and the previous one were entirely avoidable, but there is nothing I can do because it's in Arc's hands.

Shinriji

Figured I'd get out ahead of this...

Japanese release has been delayed again, and is now TBA.

I believe this delay and the previous one were entirely avoidable, but there is nothing I can do because it's in Arc's hands.

Maybe with this delay they will reopen preorders for the JP limited edition again.

Ravidrath

So nothing on the Vita release yet? Still stuck in submission limbo?

There were a small number of bugs that we couldn't reproduce or would never happen in real life. Stuff like "Go to this screen, this step, now yank the network cable out."

These sorts of bugs are easily waived in the US and EU. But because this is a physical release, Sony JP won't approve it because it had bugs and there is no guarantee that they'll connect to the internet to patch it.

What's that you say? The bugs are online only, so they'd have to get online to see them happen? And thus if they were online they'd get the patch?

Shut up - SCEJ doesn't appreciate your logic or attitude.

And, yes, really.

This is what passes for developer support in Japan.

We believe we've managed to fix the last remaining bugs, so Arc is doing more internal testing now before they submit again.

Ravidrath

I hope ArcSys is as unamused by this as you are since they're footing the bill for internal Q&A I assume.

They're a Japanese developer, so they're terrified to rock the boat for fear of incurring the wrath of the great and powerful Sony-sama.

I can only assume Arc sees how ridiculous this is, as they've tried to get them waived through. But clearly their SCEJ rep just wants to hide behind the rules instead of using his brain.

If it's not obvious, I'm pretty upset about all of this! :)

These obscure bugs have been out in the wild for more than 6 months in the US and EU and never caused anyone any problem, so we actually know that they're non-issues, too.

But, again, evidence and logic are not appreciated.

Shinriji

They're a Japanese developer, so they're terrified to rock the boat for fear of incurring the wrath of the great and powerful Sony-sama.

I can only assume Arc sees how ridiculous this is, as they've tried to get them waived through. But clearly their SCEJ rep just wants to hide behind the rules instead of using his brain.

If it's not obvious, I'm pretty upset about all of this! :)

These obscure bugs have been out in the wild for more than 6 months in the US and EU and never caused anyone any problem, so we actually know that they're non-issues, too.

But, again, evidence and logic are not appreciated.

Can´t hate extreme QA, since I'm going to receive a better product /stability.gif in the end. Unike some broken western AAA games.

Ravidrath

Can´t hate extreme QA, since I'm going to receive a better product /stability.gif in the end. Unike some broken western AAA games.

Normally I'd agree.

But when the tests are Things That Would Never Happen and that's what's holding your product up and costing you money you don't really have, it's getting ridiculous.

I mean, not only are these bugs unlikely to happen at all because they require a disconnect at a specific time in a process, to reproduce them often times requires very specific timing - i.e. it'll only crash if you wait 1 second instead of 2, because it's accessing a different library then.

Add in the language barrier and often times poor reproduction steps, and you basically spend weeks and tens of thousands of dollars chasing ghosts.

We care a LOT about quality, and Mike especially doesn't let things slide easily. If we thought these would be actual issues in the wild, we wouldn't let them go unfixed.

Samemind

This is really baffling, considering the state Valkyrie Drive, another Marvelous-published title, was in when they decided to print the carts.

Geez....will Skull girls ever get a break?

Hope Indivisible gets a peaceful development time with no issues.

damn curse

Ravidrath

Got word this morning that the game finally passed SCEJ FQA!

Now time to get on to the lobby patch and hope it goes much more smoothly, because we have to release that simultaneously on three platforms, in three regions, and there are two different publishers in Japan.

Top Bottom