• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore |OT| Launch Party (2012-still going)

Was about to bump for the same reason, I was actually about to shoot you a PM about the Physical release and this shows up today. =P

Ravidrath

And done. How much do you guys plan on selling the physical release for?

Still to be determined, because it may depend on if we get the JP voices or not.

That's the main reason we're doing this poll - to see if we should spend the money on the JP voices.

Ravidrath

We're partnering with Limited Run Games for a physical PS4 and PS Vita release!

One week from today, on October 31st, we'll begin taking pre-orders!

As an added bonus, if we manage to get 10,000 or more pre-orders, we'll patch Japanese voices into the US and EU PS4, PS Vita and Steam versions!

Check out the new exclusive box art for this edition!

CvkLxblVIAA2O8q.jpg

ArjanN

As an added bonus, if we manage to get 10,000 or more pre-orders, we'll patch Japanese voices into the US and EU PS4, PS Vita and Steam versions!

Pretty neat Ravi.

Just saw on facebook......brb getting a small loan.

Samemind

Where will the preorders be taken?

Crocodile

NICE! I don't even have a PS4 yet but I'm definitely picking this up. How much is this going to cost? How long will the pre-order window be open (like how many days/weeks will you have to get to the 10k mark)? Will it have the new Intro animations that I know you guys have been working on for the mobile game?

Ravidrath

NICE! I don't even have a PS4 yet but I'm definitely picking this up. How much is this going to cost? How long will the pre-order window be open (like how many days/weeks will you have to get to the 10k mark)? Will it have the new Intro animations that I know you guys have been working on for the mobile game?

We'll put the price out a bit later, and we're targeting two weeks for the pre-order period.

And, yes, all the new animations will be in the lobby patch, which will be on this disc!

Mike just got them all to fit into memory today! Even the ones we didn't expect to.

ZoronMaro

That's a really nice boxart, not sure if I can justify buying the game again, but I've already spread the word to my friends.

i-Jest

Oh dear god yes.

On Limited Run Games' site, when they go live next week.

Oh dear god, I hope the sites doesn't have a meltdown before I get my preorders in. These games may just be my first Limited Run Games experience.

Ravidrath

The pre-orders are open, BTW - so there is no "limit" at that point.

The final total number of copies will be determined by the pre-orders, and there will be another chance to get the additional, non-pre-ordered copies. But we expect those will sell out instantly.

Olengie

Bumping the thread since tomorrow is presumably the last day to pre order Skullgirls on Vita and PS4 from LimitedRunGames.

i-Jest

Congrats again SG team. Question, did the Vita version need to do 5000 to break even? I vaguely recall something like this.

Ravidrath

Congrats again SG team. Question, did the Vita version need to do 5000 to break even? I vaguely recall something like this.

It was a rough guess - it's really hard to know because of Cross-buy, Japanese sales, etc.

That was a number I threw out that would cover all of it without taking those unknowns into account.

So I think we're probably good now?

i-Jest

It was a rough guess - it's really hard to know because of Cross-buy, Japanese sales, etc.

That was a number I threw out that would cover all of it without taking those unknowns into account.

So I think we're probably good now?

I hope that's the case. Again, congratulations on reaching your goal with LRG. I hope we see a sequel someday. Looking forward to my two coming in January. My wallet hates me right now though. I don't even want to know what the conversion to CAD is looking like.

Ravidrath

I hope that's the case. Again, congratulations on reaching your goal with LRG. I hope we see a sequel someday. Looking forward to my two coming in January. My wallet hates me right now though. I don't even want to know what the conversion to CAD is looking like.

Has the CAD rate improved at all since the Indivisible campaign?

Ravidrath

Heads up for Skullgirls owners on Steam: we've partnered with XSEED to give you a special holiday discount on Nitroplus Blasterz!

From 12/8 to 12/18, all Skullgirls Steam owners will be automatically granted 25% off Nitroplus Blasterz. And if you buy during the launch week, it'll be an additional 10% off, totaling 35%!

Top Bottom