• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore |OT| Launch Party (2012-still going)

Had no idea Nitro had a PC port......neat! Tried it on PS4 and its really heavily based on assist comp, more so than MvC3 imo. Final Boss is bull usually but, eh, final bosses are always gonna final boss.

Would recommend the game if you love assist based fighters that are also chaotic, discount price so nows the time to bite.

i-Jest

Heads up for Skullgirls owners on Steam: we've partnered with XSEED to give you a special holiday discount on Nitroplus Blasterz!

From 12/8 to 12/18, all Skullgirls Steam owners will be automatically granted 25% off Nitroplus Blasterz. And if you buy during the launch week, it'll be an additional 10% off, totaling 35%!

I still need to buy that game on PS4. I wish we would get that new Dengeki Bunko revision.

Ravidrath

Does that mean the LRG release is coming closer Ravi?

Yes and no.

The initial plan was to release the lobbies at the same time as the Japanese VO, but we still don't have a signed contract there.

Since Japan is slow and we have no idea when, we decided to split it into two patches - lobbies and JP VO.

Now that the lobby patch is out, we need to test the JP VO patch. Once that passes, then we can make the ISO for the physical release, get that tested, and manufacture it.

nice!

the only thing at this point i could wish for is an attract mode.

and skullgirls 2

We ran out of time, but I was pushing for an Attract Mode that plays random tournament replays that we collect from fans, instead of the usual boring AI fighting itself you see in most attract modes.

High on the list for SG2, though, I think.

Beckx

We ran out of time, but I was pushing for an Attract Mode that plays random tournament replays that we collect from fans, instead of the usual boring AI fighting itself you see in most attract modes.

High on the list for SG2, though, I think.

*brofist*

i like having fighting games playing in attract mode on my cab when i can't play. it's just soothing background for work or whatever. (which, uh, i guess is not a compelling pitch for spending resources on it, haha)

also

SG2

joe2187

Banned
Don't take any speculated features as an indication that it's happening, because as of now it's not.

But obviously we're really pushing for it to happen, and we're hoping the mobile version does well enough to make it a reality.

So what Im hearing is that Paunzerfaust, Minette and Scythana are confirmed right?

Ravidrath

So what Im hearing is that Paunzerfaust, Minette and Scythana are confirmed right?

If Skullgirls 2 happens, the first three characters will be Marie, Umbrella and Black Dahlia - those are the missing characters needed to finish out the first part of the canonical story.

Beckx

If Skullgirls 2 happens, the first three characters will be Marie, Umbrella and Black Dahlia - those are the missing characters needed to finish out the first part of the canonical story.

okay so how many copies of the mobile game do i need to buy

do i pay you directly or

Piccoro

So the Lobby patch arrived to PS4 in Europe yesterday night!

I had a lot of fun, but only players from US West Coast were playing. I wish more Europeans would come to SG on PS4...

Ravidrath

Japanese voice patches are rolling out now on the US and EU PS4 releases!

This was the last major roadblock standing between us and production of the Limited Run Games release, so we should have more news there soon.

Later tonight, all Steam users will get Japanese fight voices, and 2nd Encore DLC users will get the story mode voices as well.

rbenchley

Is there any update on the LRG release of Skullgirls? I understand that the developers are want to do a good job, but it's been nearly seven months since I placed my order and looking at my email, there hasn't been an update in over four months. I don't have a huge problem with the delay, but the lack of communication to people that have already already given Reverge and LRG their money is extremely irritating.

Ravidrath

Is there any update on the LRG release of Skullgirls? I understand that the developers are want to do a good job, but it's been nearly seven months since I placed my order and looking at my email, there hasn't been an update in over four months. I don't have a huge problem with the delay, but the lack of communication to people that have already already given Reverge and LRG their money is extremely irritating.

Sorry for the relative silence - we're frustrated, too, and are working on updating everyone soon.

Ravidrath

Final PS3 and PS Vita patches are out now.

For LRG folks, that means we can make and submit the final ISOs for testing this week, and then head into production assuming all is well there.

Ravidrath

Any new updates on the Skullgirls physical release Ravi?

Sorry it took me a bit to get to this - was planning on getting this out last week, but Anime Expo and other work stuff kept getting in the way.

http://skullgirls.com/2017/07/skullgirls-lrg-update-4/

We're also adding a bonus pencil board to the package to thank you for your patience, which will look something like this:

DEK0PdoVwAARvXo.png

Olengie

Sorry it took me a bit to get to this - was planning on getting this out last week, but Anime Expo and other work stuff kept getting in the way.

http://skullgirls.com/2017/07/skullgirls-lrg-update-4/

We're also adding a bonus pencil board to the package to thank you for your patience, which will look something like this:

DEK0PdoVwAARvXo.png

Was at AX too. Got the shirt and postcards. Didnt get the soundtrack though. ><

Also got Yoh-sensei's autograph on the Indivisible card too.

Crocodile

Ravidrath! Now that Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is a thing, so must the below also become a thing:

I hope y'all are on the phones right now. You have stronger connections to ASW now than when this original image was created as a joke. Make it a reality <3

i-Jest

Ravidrath! Now that Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is a thing, so must the below also become a thing:

I hope y'all are on the phones right now. You have stronger connections to ASW now than when this original image was created as a joke. Make it a reality <3

This would be awesome.

Crocodile

lol, the sg sprites wouldn't work in the upcoming game

it'd be funny if they would throw them in anyway though

I think it goes without saying that a sprite (I imagine SG would only get one character though maybe Indivisible can get one character too?) would be made for the ground up for this game ala what is happening for RWBY.

Top Bottom