• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I read somewhere that Starz pulled their contract with Netflix, so this season won't be on there, correct?

All the shows I want are going backwards in terms of internet availability. This sucks.

3N16MA

Banned
I read somewhere that Starz pulled their contract with Netflix, so this season won't be on there, correct?

All the shows I want are going backwards in terms of internet availability. This sucks.

Starz decided to not renew their contract with Netflix which ends in February. I believe Starz is looking to create their own streaming service like HBO GO.

I liked the season premiere.

However, I need some Ashur in my life. NO ASHUR WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING!

EVERY BRICK IN ROME WILL BE STAINED WITH THE AFTER-EFFECTS OF HIS DEEDS!

Clearly, this show is about Ashur's rise to power. This whole deal with Spartacus is just a feint.

Leonsito

Clearly, this show is about Ashur's rise to power. This whole deal with Spartacus is just a feint.

I liked Ashur, then I watched Gods of the Arena, fuck him.

cory.

Banned
Beginning was a little rocky, but once the
orgy slaughter
happened, everything was back to amazing Spartacusness.

X-Frame

Good first episode.

Though as others have expressed, the lack of Batiatus, Andy, and being outside the ludus seems odd.

A decent enough episode.

I'm not totally sold on Liam as Spartacus yet, though he shows a lot of promise. I still think that the show will come to regret losing John Hannah's Batiatus. They should have kept him over Lucy Lawless.

Wray

Loved the premiere. I would definitely say quality wise, it picked up right where GoTA left off. I really like the direction this season is headed. Cannot wait for episode 2.

Also, Lone Wolf Oenomaus = Black Jesus. Such a fucking badass. Plus it looks like next weeks episode is going to be all about his backstory told via flashback.

Lucius86

Banned
First 10 mins I was like "WHERE HAVE THE BEWBS GONE!??!" - and then they arrived.

I still wish we could have had old Spartacus, but at least the first episode was still pretty damn good.

I still think that the show will come to regret losing John Hannah's Batiatus. They should have kept him over Lucy Lawless.

I think they made the right choice. Keeping him relevant to the slave revolt plot that's unfolding would have felt forced. The scale of the conflict seems to have broadened and Batiatus is small potatoes compared to the other major players.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

Niiiice! Good to see a fellow Ashur die-hard in here. :)

I liked Ashur, then I watched Gods of the Arena, fuck him.
Really? I liked him a lot in BaS, but GoTA made me love the man.
Awesome 1st episode. Poor Aurelia :(
Yeah for real. Really sucked having to see her go. =/

Cutest chick on TV by a mile for me.

squicken

That was okay. I definitely missed Andy, but I'm going to give Liam time. Didn't like Viva Bianca's weight loss, and the opening fight still has me worried how they'll handle scale.

It almost seemed like Onemeus was going to The Pit? Was he hinting at that?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think Liam did a good job as Spartacus. At this point he definitely lacks the presence of Andy, but given some time I think he can rise to the challenge.

I think they made the right choice in killing off Batiatus and keeping Lucretia alive. Batiatus was small time and everyone disliked him. Keeping him on the show would have felt false and it would have deprived us of the awesome scene at the end of the season 1 finale.

Lucretia at least has/had some friends in high places which makes her involvement in the story much more plausible. And I'm not really a fan of amnesia, but I think she'll eventually remember at least bits and pieces. She seemed to recognize Crixus and Spartacus, but it might be that she just recognized their faces and nothing else, like with Illythia.

Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that Illythia is pregnant and Lucretia just lost her child. Who wants to bet that Lucretia eventually remembers everything, and tries to steal Illythia's baby? (maybe even while it's still inside her?)

The "You had me at whores" guy is hot. I hope he sticks around for a while. And the (new?) brother/sister seem like good additions to the cast. Roman twincest FTW.

I also can't wait till Ashur and Gannicus return. Should be awesome.

Am I the only one who didn't recognize the surviving twin because he didn't have dreads?

I didn't recognize him either. And I totally forgot what happened to the other twin.

AiTM

Banned
It was cleary referenced onemious was going to the Pit. Earlier in the episode he was leaving and asked where he was going, and he said something along the lines of " a place where a man with no honor goes".

Plus the previews for next week showed him there.

Al-ibn Kermit

It was cleary referenced onemious was going to the Pit. Earlier in the episode he was leaving and asked where he was going, and he said something along the lines of " a place where a man with no honor goes".

Plus the previews for next week showed him there.
I don't remember why he is doing that? It's unlikely that Gannicus is there.

Joni

Maybe Spartacus is the father of Illythia's baby. Could be why
they show a flashback with the mask.
I actually thought that too. Wasn't there also a promo picture that showed Ilythia with Spartacus' side with Ashur and Lucretia being with Glaber?

Thoughts of the ep:

I liked the ep and i think Liam did well enough, but it should be interesting to see how does as the eps roll on.

Crixus being a psuedo voice of reason was pretty good also.

Argon is pretty annoying and i hope he calms down.

Oenomeus being the fucking boss.

Lucy and Viva sharing the spotlight again was fucking awesome and i agree with the other poster that it was better Lucy lived than Batiatus since she had a higher class and can hang with these new people. Plus its pretty clear he is deemed trash and out of his league.

I don't remember why he is doing that? It's unlikely that Gannicus is there.

Its because to him his life has no purpose anymore (his denoucement of the Doctore name and not joining the cause shows it also) so hes going to the place for such people.

I assume his flashbacks in the next ep will start to push him forward again (Batiatus father telling him he has a greater purpose) and then he may look for Gannicus and/or join the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom