• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Koshien 2017 coming and Callie and Marie amiibo

It's fine, we all know who the real money maker is.

335.png

DVCY201

Grabbing both Callie and Marie without a doubt. Damn, amiibo prints money, curse Nintendo and their fantastic character designers.

I'll get the two pack, Callie on the left side of the monitor, Marie on the right. I can't have one without the other.
Its always Callie

Why are these two so popluar? is it Splatoon itself? Design and character? Both?

Genuine question, these two have caught me by surprise

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Why are these two so popluar? is it Splatoon itself? Design and character? Both?

Play Splatoon story mode. :)

They have some well written dialogue. See their banter for stages and especially for Splatfests.

Also playing the
final boss battle
a second time has some more funny dialogue.

Also their songs are legitimately very good. One of them really helps
make the final boss fight.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They have some well written dialogue. See their banter for stages and especially for Splatfests.

Also playing the
final boss battle
a second time has some more funny dialogue.

Also their songs are legitimately very good. One of them really helps
make the final boss fight.
Also both have fantastic character design

Nintendo really should slow down the amount they're releasing. They're flooding the market with them and all have completely different functionality and nothing that actually uses them all. It's an absolute mess and I honestly think the entire amiibo market will collapse in onto itself.

To be fair, Mario Maker uses ALL of them.

*Neiteio runs through apartment, indiscriminately sweeping stuff off shelves — family photos, trophies, a framed portrait of Neiteio shaking hands with Barack Obama. In their place, Neiteo puts simple little card: "Reserved for Marie amiibo."*

btw, what do the Callie and Marie amiibo do? MY GOODNESS they look so good. Especially the Marie one that is clearly superior to Callie.

They sit on a shelf and look pretty. Everything else is extra.

Neiteio

They could awaken in the night and break my legs and send all my personal information to Nintendo and I'd still buy them.
*The door slammed shut. SalvaPot, curled in a fetal position on his bedroom floor and cradling his broken knees with bone jutting out, listened as his Callie and Marie amiibo skittered downstairs, dragging along his wallet. He continued listening, and heard the amiibo starting up his car and driving off down the street.*

*As the sounds of his car faded into the distance, SalvaPot crawled across the floor to his desk. He pulled himself up, wincing in pain. He then reached for the phone... and his hand moved right past to it, to his computer. He opened up amazon.com... ordered another pair of Squid Sisters amiibo... and clicked "Place order."*

Regiruler

I didn't know they never did it before today, but the NA Nintendo youtube account uploaded the first concert with translated dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkKUbNnXKE

The top comments are absolutely perfect

I am currently watching a video of people watching holograms of two underage squid girls singing in a fictional language

OOOOOHHH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD

I love the game to bits. I would never go to this.

The top comments are absolutely perfect

I love the game to bits. I would never go to this.

To be fair, I think these concerts have only been at gaming events. They are more like extra side entertainment for these events.

You mean this one maybe?

I honestly don't know how many other concerts they've had. Its the only other one I've found.

But this one is pretty new. And dang, they really upped their animation game in this one.

Yeah its that one. I love Marie's new song. It sound so amazing.

exfatal

You mean this one maybe?

I honestly don't know how many other concerts they've had. Its the only other one I've found.

But this one is pretty new. And dang, they really upped their animation game in this one.

Yeah i just watched their first and second one can really tell the improvements to the animations. not as see through either. Hope it gets subbed

You mean this one maybe?

They've only had two, and he probably meant NoA's youtube account translating and uploading the second one rather than just the Japanese account.

SalvaPot

*The door slammed shut. SalvaPot, curled in a fetal position on his bedroom floor and cradling his broken knees with bone jutting out, listened as his Callie and Marie amiibo skittered downstairs, dragging along his wallet. He continued listening, and heard the amiibo starting up his car and driving off down the street.*

*As the sounds of his car faded into the distance, SalvaPot crawled across the floor to his desk. He pulled himself up, wincing in pain. He then reached for the phone... and his hand moved right past to it, to his computer. He opened up amazon.com... ordered another pair of Squid Sisters amiibo... and clicked "Place order."*

I regret nothing.

DangerMan

Banned
I've already owned and completed all the challenges from the first boy/girl/squid pack, will either new pack be providing new content outside of songs? Any new gear or weapons to go along with the new Amiibos?

I've already owned and completed all the challenges from the first boy/girl/squid pack, will either new pack be providing new content outside of songs? Any new gear or weapons to go along with the new Amiibos?
No. The recolors will provide the same challenges as the original set of amiibos and no new content. They're just aesthetically different.

With that said, I still want the recolors, but if I don't get them then at least I'm not bummed out of new content.

Top Bottom