• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Koshien 2017 coming and Callie and Marie amiibo

Neoxon

Heh, pretty glad I only got the squid amiibo last year via import.

NOW I gotta import dat Marie one and get the black inkling boy. Just like their official art.

I think NOA is going to underestimate how popular the inkling boy will be during release...
You can get the black Inkling Boy by himself in North America.

This is what I'm thinking. It's the first dark-skinned character to receive an amiibo, isn't it? There are a lot of people who are going to take an interest in that. I might pick one up myself just to have access to the roller challenges.
Ganondorf

Blues1990

I know that, but again....I think NOA is going to underestimate how popular the inkling boy will be during release lol.

Funny you should say that, as I had a hell of a tough time ordering the Boy Inkling amiibo during the first go-around, as the stock ratio was 10-1 with the Girl Inkling being more plentiful. I figured that it would've been better to just get the triple-back, especially since I had some gift card money leftover at EB Games & a discount, so I got the pack and the game for $60 in total.

Neoxon

They've still got tons of 3-packs available as is. This new 3-pack isn't gonna help matters much.

The 2-packs is gonna FLY, though.
I think he means the Inkling Boy by himself. And given that I can't find the Inkling Boy as easily as the Inkling Girl (for the record, I bought the 3-Pack at launch), the Black Inkling Boy may fly off the shelves. Same for Callie & Marie.

KingBroly

Banned
I think he means the Inkling Boy by himself. And given that I can't find the Inkling Boy as easily as the Inkling Girl (for the record, I bought the 3-Pack at launch), the Black Inkling Boy may fly off the shelves. Same for Callie & Marie.

Inkling Boy is easy to find here. Girl not so much.

rhandino

Banned
CEgEm4G.jpg
1e251qS.gif

Neol

Don't really care much about amiibos so I was just waiting for Bayonetta but I'd be damned if I don't pick these two up.

Neiteio

So will they perform a unique dance routine for every song in their list? And will they give solo renditions of the non-solo songs, or will the other Squid Sister appear and sing along for those instead of watching?

I'm buying them no matter what they do, but I'm just curious.

I love how when rumors come out people are quick to be high and mighty and tear them apart.

But when rumor turns out to be true, the leaker isn't mentioned even once, and their next rumor gets crapped on too.

Regiruler

Basically, using Callie or Marie will unlock Jukebox Mode, where you can see them perform one of their signature songs. In addition, both respective amiibo will include their new solo songs.

I'm not interested enough in a Jukebox mode to be swayed to purchase them. Are you able to play the new song in normal games (if you get the amiibo) or are you only able to play it in jukebox mode? If you can play it outside of jukebox, I may have to borrow somebody else's figures.

I'm sorry Japan, but Callie and Marie are bottom of the barrel characters. Wake me up when the octarian invasion has launched.

Neoxon

I love how when rumors come out people are quick to be high and mighty and tear them apart.

But when rumor turns out to be true, the leaker isn't mentioned even once, and their next rumor gets crapped on too.
It was a datamining leak, not a inside source-based leak.

Fresh looking amiibo. Will probably buy at least Callie and Marie though the recolored ones look pretty nice too.
I was expecting them to do something new with the Squid Sisters after they recorded two new solo tracks for the live show yesterday.

I would've liked the recolors to also provide new content as well tbh, but given that they're limited in quantity (and apparently there's no word on when they'll get reprinted), at least I won't feel left out if I don't get them.

tr1p1ex

i wish you could skip those 2 chicks with 1 press of the button. It just gets old seeing them every single time!!!!!! It's fun and all and it's a good way to make you feel like part of a "sport" and what not. But many times I just want to skip them.

Maybe they help disguise loading times and the time needed to check in with the servers etc. Otherwise let us skip them.

At least I can skip these Amiibos.

i wish you could skip those 2 chicks with 1 press of the button. It just gets old seeing them every single time!!!!!! It's fun and all and it's a good way to make you feel like part of a "sport" and what not. But many times I just want to skip them.

Maybe they help disguise loading times and the time needed to check in with the servers etc. Otherwise let us skip them.

At least I can skip these Amiibos.

Glad you could air out your grievances here. I mean really, it means a lot in this thread, probably. Maybe.

Andyliini

Will probably buy when they are released. Not interested in recolored amiibo, though.

The name Squid Sisters got me thinking. Splatoon should receive a spinoff called Super Squid Sisters, a 3D action-platformer. Would buy.

Neoxon

I like how the two sets of Inklings loop back on themselves. The Green Inkling Squid of the first pack is the Green Inkling Girl of the second pack, while the Orange Inkling Squid of the second pack is the Orange Inkling Girl of the first pack.

Neiteio

So here's my guess how they work:

- Callie and Marie both share five songs. When selected, the venue changes to the concert from Splatfest, and both Callie and Marie sing and dance to the songs, using dance moves from the real-life Kaishen concerts. You can watch and worship your pop idols anytime!

- However, each sister also has an exclusive solo performance that only they can perform. During it, the other sister sits and listens with charming new idle animations.

Is this correct? Seems like a perfect fit for their character concept of entertainers.

I also dig the special textures on the hair and accessories, and glittery plastic they're using for the dresses.

Top Bottom