• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Koshien 2017 coming and Callie and Marie amiibo

21x2

What I find most interesting about this is that they already announced Koshien for 2017. It's not like we're that far into 2016, and already they announce a tournament taking place at least 8 months from now? I wonder if they have even more new content planned, aside from Sheldons Picks Vol. 2, to keep interest high until then.

Of course that would also be the perfect time to announce the NX port of the game.

Neiteio

What I find most interesting about this is that they already announced Koshien for 2017. It's not like we're that far into 2016, and already they announce a tournament taking place at least 8 months from now? I wonder if they have even more new content planned, aside from Sheldons Picks Vol. 2, to keep interest high until then.

Of course that would also be the perfect time to announce the NX port of the game.
I was thinking a theoretical Splatoon NX would be the perfect opportunity to bundle in Callie and Marie and force us to buy it.

Neiteio

This news makes me so happy

I can't remember now, weren't we Nintendo fans upset about something earlier this week? Something about... hmm, now what was it... huh...

Ah well! MARIE AMIIBO!

This news makes me so happy

I can't remember now, weren't we Nintendo fans upset about something earlier this week? Something about... hmm, now what was it... huh...

Ah well! MARIE AMIIBO!

I mean I've already come to terms with the decisions. Video Games, etc.

Doesn't mean this doesn't help though.

Jintor

Judging by the trailer, Marie's song is called... With the tide, or something.

Callie's translated to heart pounding bomb rush, but I dunno the official title

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What I find most interesting about this is that they already announced Koshien for 2017. It's not like we're that far into 2016, and already they announce a tournament taking place at least 8 months from now?
Splatoon Koshien 2016 was announced last August, first game in September and lasting until January; the year reflects the Tokaigi event where Finals are held I guess.

Neiteio

Why isn't this amiibo news stickied on the front page? And why aren't all of the people who prefer Callie over Marie banned (and not from GAF — I mean banned to like planet Venom or the Dark World)? And why aren't these amiibo out right now?

IT'S REAL!!!!
C4MGnQM.gif

ffdgh

Wonder if the squid sister amiibos make it possible to play splatfest versions of the stages anytime for the online modes. That'd be so good.

Yup, the sisters are mine.
Good to know shibata is doing the whole packs for europe and that they even say what is going to be hard to find. I dont really mind the recolours so good to know callie and marie are going to be easy to find like all the amiibos that are releasing know.

I feel like this is their way of preserving the Splatfest mood when they stop doing them?

Considering the president of Nintendo made a note of how more and more Japanese players are joining each new Splatfest I don't see them ending any time soon.

This seems like they wanted to make Squid Sister Amiibo and were looking at logical functionality.

Top Bottom