• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Koshien 2017 coming and Callie and Marie amiibo

Neiteio

Just wanted to repost this on the new page so that I can stare at it lovingly, longingly.

CEgEm4G.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Callie/Marie are instabuy but I'll only buy the recolors if they come with new unlockable costumes. I already paid full price for the first set right before they were suddenly 50% off everywhere.

woopWOOP

Ah damn, I missed the nico livestream again. I wanted to see all those 'aaah's and 'wwww's fly across the screen.

Anyway I was hoping for some ingame functionality additions like equips, but if they just add an extra soundtest... I dunno man. Unless they unlock new tracks for ingame matches too.

The recolours are kind of neat too.

Neoxon

Nintendo should drop the amiibo spirit bomb and release Callie, Marie, Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo... all on the same day
Going by the 9-month gap for the post-Mewtwo Smash 4 DLC characters, the Amiibo for Bayonetta (& Corrin) won't be out until September.

Neoxon

New colours. Fuck. I'm doomed if they start doing that to the Smash amiibo.
  • Iggy
  • Larry
  • Lemmy
  • Ludwig
  • Morton
  • Roy
  • Wendy
  • Classic Wario
  • Hoodie Little Mac
  • Wireframe Little Mac
  • Hoodie Wireframe Little Mac
  • Zero Mission Zero Suit Samus
  • Metroid Fusion Zero Suit Samus
  • Female Robin
  • Female Villager (& possibly the other 6 variants)
  • Swimsuit Shulk
  • Advent Children Cloud
  • Female Corrin
  • Bayo 1/"A Witch With No Memories" Bayonetta
fb0.jpg

I'll wait until they're about $5 each on Amazon or Best Buy.

The amiibo craze seems to have passed so preordering like a madman no longer seems necessary.

Clov

The Amiibos look great! I think I'll be picking up Callie and Marie for sure. Probably will skip the recolors though. I'm fine with the Inkling Girl Amiibo I already have in terms of those.

Haven't watched the trailer but... Aren't those songs part of the Splatoon soundtrack already? Pretty sure City of Color and Now or Never are regular tracks.

Anyway, I have to buy the other two amiibo first and then these ones... I wonder if they'd sell an Splatoon amiibo diorama too.

J@hranimo

Banned
Heh, pretty glad I only got the squid amiibo last year via import.

NOW I gotta import dat Marie one and get the black inkling boy. Just like their official art.

I think NOA is going to underestimate how popular the inkling boy will be during release...

Doorman

Heh, pretty glad I only got the squid amiibo last year via import.

NOW I gotta import dat Marie one and get the black inkling boy. Just like their official art.

I think NOA is going to underestimate how popular the inkling boy will be during release...

This is what I'm thinking. It's the first dark-skinned character to receive an amiibo, isn't it? There are a lot of people who are going to take an interest in that. I might pick one up myself just to have access to the roller challenges.

Blues1990

Haven't watched the trailer but... Aren't those songs part of the Splatoon soundtrack already? Pretty sure City of Color and Now or Never are regular tracks.

Anyway, I have to buy the other two amiibo first and then these ones... I wonder if they'd sell an Splatoon amiibo diorama too.

Basically, using Callie or Marie will unlock Jukebox Mode, where you can see them perform one of their signature songs. In addition, both respective amiibo will include their new solo songs.

Top Bottom