• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

J@hranimo

Banned
GGs Violet, Saro and Metroidkill! We had some pretty decent synergy going on. I'm so close to A- rank, I can feel it.

I'm gonna take a break though. Need some food and such.

Solobbos

Finland here.

US-East (Virginia) 133 ms
US-West (California) 194 ms
US-West (Oregon) 191 ms
Europe (Ireland) 79 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 42 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 370 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 340 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 313 ms
South America (Brazil) 271 ms

90% of time my gaming consists only of Japanese players. Doesn't matter if I play on 10:00, 16:00, 23:00 or 03:00. During Japanese splatfests, I own in ranked. Against laggy Japanese people, not so much.

Through lots of effort, I'm rank A at the moment. Would love to play some ranked with fellow gaffers.

So just got done playing some tri squad games with my two brothers. At this point it's too easy when we're paired up with three other people, haha.

3vs4 matches are crazy, winning them is so satisfying. Definitely taskes good teamwork to win them. Makes for some quick losses though too, haha.

Most fun I've had with the game for sure though.

Geg

Speaking of the new bands I kind of wish each one had their own cover of the 1 minute left song that played whenever their music came up for the battle. It's kind of jarring in turf wars to go from one of the new bands back to the Squid Squad's music in the middle of the fight

Ahnez

Speaking of the new bands I kind of wish each one had their own cover of the 1 minute left song that played whenever their music came up for the battle. It's kind of jarring in turf wars to go from one of the new bands back to the Squid Squad's music in the middle of the fight

This bothers me too :/

Hope they change in the next big update :p

Azure J

I've been feeling like this for the longest. Glad I wasn't the only one! :lol

phanphare

Banned

yeah I'd be down for that as well

the Squid Sisters' "live version" of the 1-minute song is one of my favorite things about Splatfests

Vecks

I only pay attention to the music in the first 10 seconds. After that, I guess I'm too focused on the fight because I've never noticed this.

I only pay attention to the music in the first 10 seconds. After that, I guess I'm too focused on the fight because I've never noticed this.
Honestly it's only like a week ago, I became aware that there was different music during matches... all attention focused on the game XD

J@hranimo

Banned

This has really been my feelings ever since the update. I love Hightide Era music but when it goes to "dun-nanananananana!" I'm just like D:

The best comments are those that go like "New weapon is interesting, but not good enough to make me switch from my aerospray." What game are they even playing? Certainly not the same game dkl, Heng and I were playing last night.
Lol yea
By the way love your avatar :)

Heng

Ah thanks for the info on discord, I'll go register an account soon.

hey thanks Heng, playing against you is always really challenging for me. I like to think that also I picked up one or two things from all our duels. Oh, and you need to take out your blaster again, I just learned that I have quite a difficult time against them on new Underpass and I need to learn how to counter them
I've actually been playing it again, although I still need to learn the range on the range blaster. I keep engaging when I'm not close enough, and I need to learn to use my splash wall some more.

Wow man you feeling ok?
Yeah, I was playing with Rye and a guy named dkl, and when I was about to sleep, I had to help build a fence gate. Thank you for your concern though.

The best comments are those that go like "New weapon is interesting, but not good enough to make me switch from my aerospray." What game are they even playing? Certainly not the same game dkl, Heng and I were playing last night.
Lol hate to say it, but I died to an aerospray once last night. Feels bad man.

At a friend's house on WiFi, he has a different ISP though but here's what he gets:
US-East (Virginia) 64 ms
US-West (California) 82 ms
US-West (Oregon) 95 ms
Europe (Ireland) 147 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 154 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 272 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 234 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 204 ms
South America (Brazil) 191 ms
I'll check again when I get home for comparison. Should be pretty similar though.

EDIT: For reference I'm in Minnesota.

Ah thanks for the info on discord, I'll go register an account soon.

I've actually been playing it again, although I still need to learn the range on the range blaster. I keep engaging when I'm not close enough, and I need to learn to use my splash wall some more.

Yeah, I was playing with Rye and a guy named dkl, and when I was about to sleep, I had to help build a fence gate. Thank you for your concern though.

Lol hate to say it, but I died to an aerospray once last night. Feels bad man.
Ah ok get some sleep though!

Rize_21

Just submitted my entry for the Art academy splatoon contest , I just uploaded the timelapse, I had fun drawing Marie so let's share this ( it's nothing crazy, you're warned) : https://youtu.be/pnDCY2Wm9z0

By the way, I'll join GAF squads once I'll reach S rank by myself, with everything set of course.

Vecks

Is it just me or does super jumping usually end up in a free kill for the other team?

Beakons in safe spots are usually fine to super jump to since there is no indicator/sound for it when you do the super jump. Stealth jump can help. Everything else is up in the air. In a turf war, I typically don't super jump, but in ranked I still super jump a lot.

Violet_0

Banned
Blax made a deal with the devil
nhm9PAO.png

you're using range blaster now? I'm about to pick it up myself, I really need another weapon and 1-hko blasters are okay-ish with my lag when I'm playing sneaky

RedFyn

I watched the vod of those two crazy 3v4s and man it just makes me want a capture card so bad. 21 kills on park and I can only see 4 of them. The replay of the match on warehouse isn't very interesting to watch but It was insane to play. I didn't even realize how pumped up with adrenaline I was until after the match was over. It was crazy and I'm bummed I can't watch the replay.

Heng

Blax made a deal with the devil
nhm9PAO.png

you're using range blaster now? I'm about to pick it up myself, I really need another weapon and 1-hko blasters are okay-ish with my lag when I'm playing sneaky
Omg that shirt... Yeah, I really want to learn it. So far I can get 1 shots on a consistent basis when they rush in at me, the only problem is when I try to land a direct hit on them when I'm not in range. I'm also trying to learn when to go for the direct hit and when to just sit back and poke them from a corner. The splash wall is okay but I'd prefer having bubble, and the kraken one looks great when I got to run away or break enemy lines. I still think I'm way better with the Custom blaster but I need more practice with the range before I write it off.

Robotguy

I watched the vod of those two crazy 3v4s and man it just makes me want a capture card so bad. 21 kills on park and I can only see 4 of them. The replay of the match on warehouse isn't very interesting to watch but It was insane to play. I didn't even realize how pumped up with adrenaline I was until after the match was over. It was crazy and I'm bummed I can't watch the replay.
I really wish I was recording for the match on skatepark last night.

Geg

hey Kas you can rejoin the room, I left

Blax mentioned that he used 10 slugs
still incredibly lucky

e: hold on, the range blaster has kraken too? Not sure if I want, I need some variety in my specials heh

Range Blaster has Inkstrike, maybe he's talking about whatever custom version it's going to have

Junahu

Is it just me or does super jumping usually end up in a free kill for the other team?
You really have to observe what the other players are doing in order to get a safe jump opportunity, and figure out which players in a room are more likely to stop and defend your landing point.
Some points on the map are inherently bad to super jump to. Open areas are obvious, but anywhere where a charger can get a clear shot at you from a safe perch is also dangerous

Judd tells you that you can ping a player that you plan to super jump to, while you're respawning, so you can give people more warning and hopefully get them to find cover for you.

Ozium

Anybody want to form a shoal of squid to do some ranked?

I feel like hitting ranks before teh splatfest

Azure J

Just putting out a request real quick. Anyone of our Splat-GAFfers here good with doing graphics? I wanna fix my stream up a bit with new panels but using placeholder fan art feels wrong. :lol

PM me if you're interested or can point me to the right people.

Top Bottom