• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I know right, it took me seven games.

Speaking of that, seven wins. Neither of the other splatfests went this smoothly for me. Amazing teammates

Yah, I thought that everyone said the skilled players would be Team Hotdog? It's been a slaughter so far LOL

I didn't see the teams when they popped in. We started crushing the enemies and I say to my brother, "We're destroying them. They must be other Marshmallows."

They were indeed.

BUT!
I got a player named Wren on my side, and they're killing it!

I've been playing with that same player for the past 45 mins or so lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Are you hotdog? I'm pretty sure I was in that match. My ign is red with an accent over the e

I was sitting on my tower all game and didn't see the results screen
I am marshmallow. I think that one was marshmallow v. marshmallow. It was really unfun haha.

ChrisD

DISCONNECTED

WRREEEEEEEEEN
COME BAAAAACK

I've been playing with that same player for the past 45 mins or so lol

So you saw me utterly flop on that last Camp Triggerfish. I like the place, but I can't figure out how it works.
That's really cool that we were in the same! Had an awesome winning streak for a good while.

WorldStar

Banned
been playing since splatfest started as hot dog and my hot dog teams are consistently getting TOTALLY WRECKED by marshmallows

anyone else experiencing this? wtf???

i hope this balances out. my last match had 3 level 6 players on my team, all + level 23 on marsmallow

Vecks

Felt this was probably the best place to ask, but the reason I've barely played anyone on GAF in this game despite adding my details to the list is for some weird reason only this game has enormous internet issues. I don't have the best connection in the world, but Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8 rarely have enormous lag issues, let alone disconnecting me, yet Splatoon I'll rarely be able to make it to the end of a match without getting booted out.

I've tried resetting my router, moving the system closer, removing the network and re-adding it in the Wii U settings yet nothing seems to stop this game having the worst netcode ever (besides Brawl on the Wii I guess) for me. It's made even more frustrating by none of my online friends having this issue and even praising this game as being a far smoother online experience for them than the aforementioned games that work fine for me. Are there specific router settings that could be tripping this game up, or am I just fucked unless I move to somewhere with a faster internet infrastructure (I'm in Sydney atm)?

Have you tried contacting nintendo support? Some people say that they will help you with any possible router settings that might improve your situation. If you have another router around, you could try changing it since some work better than others for nintendo's wacky online.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
been playing since splatfest started as hot dog and my hot dog teams are consistently getting TOTALLY WRECKED by marshmallows

anyone else experiencing this? wtf???

i hope this balances out. my last match had 3 level 6 players on my team, all + level 23 on marsmallow

I wish I was on those marshmallow teams. I'm getting wrecked by hot dog an marshmallow teams. (._.)

DISCONNECTED

WRREEEEEEEEEN
COME BAAAAACK

So you saw me utterly flop on that last Camp Triggerfish. I like the place, but I can't figure out how it works.
That's really cool that we were in the same! Had an awesome winning streak for a good while.

That's a first time I met a GAF member on splatfest! It takes a while to understand the map.
Annd I just made Marshmallow Champion. I think that's good enough for tonight. I had pretty good teammates for this splatfest so far!

Regiruler

>On team of 3 champions and a defender (myself)
>winning
>everyone disconnects

Also
>winning
>sees guy in base
I jump back to spawn to deal with him, but at the same time, the other guy with me also jumped, giving a huge opening

Geg

First loss of the night, against a really good dynamo and inkstrikes going off every ten seconds

And our charger left the group :(

ChrisD

That's a first time I met a GAF member on splatfest! It takes a while to understand the map.
Annd I just made Marshmallow Champion. I think that's good enough for tonight. I had pretty good teammates for this splatfest so far!

I've never met a GAF member in any game, haha! I've been playing loads of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate lately, so I really should play with some of the players in the Community thread. I just don't think to get on GAF before hopping on to the game.

Hopefully I can figure it out before the Splatfest ends. Cram in that learning!

Is Champion the highest rank? I got there in my last game. This 99 is a tempting goal though...

Geg

First loss of the night, against a really good dynamo and inkstrikes going off every ten seconds

And our charger left the group :(

Actually she was probably disconnected, she only had one kill and zero deaths. So yeah, only loss of the night due to a disconnect

I've never met a GAF member in any game, haha! I've been playing loads of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate lately, so I really should play with some of the players in the Community thread. I just don't think to get on GAF before hopping on to the game.

Hopefully I can figure it out before the Splatfest ends. Cram in that learning!

Is Champion the highest rank? I got there in my last game. This 99 is a tempting goal though...

After Champion, it's King/Queen. You should join our GAF matches, they get pretty intense.

KeigoNiwa

I'm finally starting to win some matches with Marahmellows. I seem to have an easy time controlling the stage in Camp triggerfish

It's pretty discouraging when you get put into an all Marshmallow battle right away :/

We're all wearing ourselves out in matches that won't even count ;_;

Top Bottom