• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

When you infiltrate the enemy base single-handedly and take it just to look down and realize your teammates are ALL dead and your entire half of the map is overtaken.

"Would you like to play another"

No. New group. Stat.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Finally Marsahmallow Defender but it took forever. Always on the loosing team and I'm usually the top scorer on my team too.

L95

My marshmallow teams are sad :'l

The only reason we won last match was because I managed to spray the entire enemy side of the map because the enemy team was destroying my team on my side of the map

Geg

First match was an overwhelming victory against team hotdog

Dodged two killer wails like an action movie star

Teammates actually use beakons

Good start

Felt this was probably the best place to ask, but the reason I've barely played anyone on GAF in this game despite adding my details to the list is for some weird reason only this game has enormous internet issues. I don't have the best connection in the world, but Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8 rarely have enormous lag issues, let alone disconnecting me, yet Splatoon I'll rarely be able to make it to the end of a match without getting booted out.

I've tried resetting my router, moving the system closer, removing the network and re-adding it in the Wii U settings yet nothing seems to stop this game having the worst netcode ever (besides Brawl on the Wii I guess) for me. It's made even more frustrating by none of my online friends having this issue and even praising this game as being a far smoother online experience for them than the aforementioned games that work fine for me. Are there specific router settings that could be tripping this game up, or am I just fucked unless I move to somewhere with a faster internet infrastructure (I'm in Sydney atm)?

Geg

Man I lucked out with my first team. Really good charger in here. Three wins against hot dog so far

Nia

Why the hell do I keep getting stuck with such idiots? I regret not my choice of Hotdog. Only that I share the company of fools. Perhaps it's for the best I'm going to miss the rest of the Splatfest.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a match where two of my teammates comm'd out leaving me and one other player who was level 5. We lost 89.7 to 3.4. Fuck my life.

And yeah, most of the marshmallow teams are terrible. I keep getting teamed up with low level players and facing off against teams of four well balanced level 25+ players. Ugh

ryechu

ok. taking a break at champion.
EDIT: The worst thing about Moe. Waiting twice as long whenever i misclick.

ChrisD

I didn't see the teams when they popped in. We started crushing the enemies and I say to my brother, "We're destroying them. They must be other Marshmallows."

They were indeed.

BUT!
I got a player named Wren on my side, and they're killing it!

Underdogz

Neo Member
I seem to have found a good marshmallow team. We had a few close calls but other than that we have been winning the past 7 rounds.

Hope all you other Marshmallows out there find some luck and some wins.

Top Bottom