• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

WALKMAN04

867.png

Marie pls
I'm dead lmao

DaBoss

Supa Hot Ink

Sweet uncovered turf, I ink that
Supa hot ink, I shoot that
Saltoon streams daily, I watch that
But I'm not a rapper

ChrisD

Lemme' try Splat Zones again.
Splash Walls everywhere.

is there a single S+ player who hasn't used the 96 Deco

I don't think there is

Pikma

Banned
I'm mad that CJS is becoming meta, lol.
I always wondered why it wasn't already, I mean, it's crazy range + movement + burst bombs + kraken combo is really well balanced and makes for a good alternative, and all these elements are popular individually already so it's not like people would have a hard time adapting to them.

Tilt down to pay respects (stolen from reddit): https://vine.co/v/e2zHjDjU2Y2

I always wondered why it wasn't already, I mean, it's crazy range + movement + burst bombs + kraken combo is really well balanced and makes for a good alternative, and all these elements are popular individually already so it's not like people would have a hard time adapting to them.
Kill speed.

The CJS can handle anything within melee range to its maximum range, given enough time. Against low HP targets, CJS can clean them up quickly. Against high HP targets, or if the CJS didn't hit the mark with every shot, the target can escape or fight back. Most weapons which are popular can reliably OHKO or kill very very quickly, giving little to no time to react.

I still wonder if Slosher Deco will become viable since it will have the same loadout as the 96 deco...
I definitely think the Slosher Deco will be popular, but it will be drastically more tuned for direct combat over indirect combat.

Do the US and JPN have splatfest this weekend? Gonna be fun finding no matches in Europe then.
Or I don't actually know how much they overlap due to timezones.

Holy crap guys holy crap.

Moray Towers is freaking awesome!

I know I'm LTTP, but somehow the map has never been in the Regular Battle rotation while I've been playing (and I don't like Ranked).

It's just so good. It feels so DIFFERENT from all of the other maps. I love jumping off of the cliffs and flying down as I shoot puddle to land in. And swimming up walls to catch people off guard.

And those cars in the background! Oh my god, I know, it's such an incredible small thing, but I suddenly feel as though the size of this universe expanded ten fold. It's hardly the only map to have a suggestive background, but none of the others feel so real. I wonder... are those squids driving the cars, or people...

Holy crap guys holy crap.

Moray Towers is freaking awesome!

I know I'm LTTP, but somehow the map has never been in the Regular Battle rotation while I've been playing (and I don't like Ranked).

It's just so good. It feels so DIFFERENT from all of the other maps. I love jumping off of the cliffs and flying down as I shoot puddle to land in. And swimming up walls to catch people off guard.

And those cars in the background! Oh my god, I know, it's such an incredible small thing, but I suddenly feel as though the size of this universe expanded ten fold. It's hardly the only map to have a suggestive background, but none of the others feel so real. I wonder... are those squids driving the cars, or people...

Did you find the Sunken Scrolls in single player? Because they'll answer this question.

Zero²

The Octarians are taking over! In Japan the Octarians have turned Ika Ring (Splatnet) into Tako Ring (Octonet? XD) Pretty cool thing to do the day before the Squid Sushi vs Octopus Sushi Splatfest!

a423ea1364.jpg

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/652315750401576960

If you log into the Splatnet website and change your language to Japanese you can see it for yourself :)
Man I love the lore they created for this game, how was squids vs octopus not a thing on videogames before?

Geg

The Octarians are taking over! In Japan the Octarians have turned Ika Ring (Splatnet) into Tako Ring (Octonet? XD) Pretty cool thing to do the day before the Squid Sushi vs Octopus Sushi Splatfest!

a423ea1364.jpg

If you log into the Splatnet website and change your language to Japanese you can see it for yourself :)

lol even though the English site doesn't have the updated logo, it still has octoling symbols floating in the background

ss-hikaru

So according to the squidboards thread on the octoling hacker, the person responsible has had their console banned. Good news for the poor OP of the thread, so many people dogpiling on them calling them a liar and lots of other horrible things and acting all high and might about how the OP should have taken a video or had some sort of visual proof. When that person was only trying to warn people :(

Jintor

イカ vs タコ対決フェスの直前だが、フレンド交流サービス「イカリング」がタコからの攻撃を受け、乗っ取られてしまったようだ。
ただ、サービス自体は問題なく利用できるので、そこは安心してほしい。
しかし「タコリング」っておいしそうだな。https://splatoon.nintendo.net/sign_in

Just before the Squid v Octopus Splatfest, the Friend Exchange Service (Ika Ring) is defending against Octo-Attack and seems to have been hijacked!

...that said, the service still seems like it can be used, so please don't worry about that.

In any event, "Octo-Rings" sound pretty delicious...

Vena

So according to the squidboards thread on the octoling hacker, the person responsible has had their console banned. Good news for the poor OP of the thread, so many people dogpiling on them calling them a liar and lots of other horrible things and acting all high and might about how the OP should have taken a video or had some sort of visual proof. When that person was only trying to warn people :(

Didn't even know Nintendo could ban a console, lol. But they were fucking up people's save files, so...

Jintor

Eh, I may as well translate the rest of the tweets since I'm bored at work (lol)

明日10月10日午前9:00からフェスが開催される。
お題は「どっちが好き? イカ vs タコ」。
無添くら寿司様のご協力で開催する。
何かと並び称される両者による因縁の対決、ついにその幕が切って落とされる。
果たして軍配はどちらに?

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/652315148183465984

Tomorrow (10/10) at 9am the Splatfest begins!

The topic: "Which do you like - Squid or Octopus?", presented in association with [-----] Sushi (I literally don't know how to read this name).

Whoever you stand with in this fated battle, the final curtain will fall! (...I think).

Which of these two strategies will prevail?

J@hranimo

Banned

Damn! That's good that Nintendo banned the console, but can we get a friend list cap increase?

Gattuso

regardless of me not playing all that great for a good chunk of the matches, that splat bomb taking out the entire team was amazing lol.

ChrisD

Damn! That's good that Nintendo banned the console, but can we get a friend list cap increase?

I believed the Octoling thing, it didn't seem all that out there.
Cheesemeister could probably fit in a "is friends list increased yet?" with every region lock post and it still wouldn't be asked enough.

ss-hikaru

I believed the Octoling thing, it didn't seem all that out there.
Cheesemeister could probably fit in a "is friends list increased yet?" with every region lock post and it still wouldn't be asked enough.

I believed it too, but even if it wasn't true it's not that big a deal. The chances of coming across the hacker were so slim and if you were unlucky enough to end up in a game with the hacker you were armed with the knowledge to ensure your plaza didn't freeze up. So I think a lot of the vitriol and hysteria was uncalled for...that's the internet for you I guess XD

Now I really want the Hydra Splatling tho....

jariw

Didn't even know Nintendo could ban a console, lol. But they were fucking up people's save files, so...

It shouldn't be too difficult to ban a console in Splatoon, by refusing to connect the machine to the online service on the server side. And I guess Nintendo keep log files of the lobby connections to be able to track online abuses like this.

Top Bottom