• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

My third one is just that, before I got disconnected.

Is this what being more popular is like here?

It's not quite Marshmallow v Hot Dogs (nothing in America has reached that point again), but yeah, this is what choosing the more popular side is like. Long waiting times and facing your own team.

Echolocator is godly in this rotation.

Fuck this game's matchmaking and connection issues.

Either it's me on a team we someone under 20 and everyone leveled below me against a team higher than me with one 50.

Or when I do get matched with teammates my level it'll keep losing connection. If it gets to a match it'll drop a player.

Fuck this game.

Now the game can't connect to the internet. My plaza is in day time.

I've tried three with multiple restarts. First time this has ever happened.

Fuck this game.

5 times. Due to server maintenance.

Javier

I'm getting Server Maintenance notices. Seems Nintendo decided to fix these bad servers.

I don't mind if Splatfest gets postponed to get this shit sorted. The disconnections I was getting were ridiculous.

Blues1990

I'm getting Server Maintenance notices. Seems Nintendo decided to fix these bad servers.

I don't mind if Splatfest gets postponed to get this shit sorted. The disconnections I was getting were ridiculous.

I would be fine if they could delay the Splatfest to fine tune this issue. I couldn't get into a match at all today, and when I did, I was immediately disconnected.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hammerhead has been in every other rotation but Rainmaker. They didn't get rid of it completely like they did Triggerfish for its exploit.

...and this Splatfest is off to a bad start: all three matches so far have been in-fighting. Did not enough players vote for car?
You're telling me, over half of my matches have been nothing but Plane vs Plane so far.

Diddy Kong Racing Splatfest confirmed, it's a shame team hovercraft is going to get whooped hard.

colinp

Banned
I'm in Tokyo for a wedding and was hoping to pick up the Splatoon art book before I headed to the wedding but no luck at the book shops I went to. Might try tomorrow or just try one of my usual local shops on Monday. I'll be sure to take some pictures and share when I do!

EulaCapra

Thank god it's not just me affected by server maintenance.

I was just about to start Splatfest and Callie and Marie's update didn't start.

Edit: It's treating me like I'm offline. Spyke and all the stores are closed for business LMAO

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
My Splatfest update: I just ranked up to Car Defender with a record of four wins and eight losses. Also just got my second Splatfest Tee powerup ... they've both been Damage Up -_-

Zing

Banned
I will be pleased if there truly are that many votes for planes. I am team car. The last splatfest, I had a few matches against my own team and it felt like a waste of time. I'd rather have the less popular team.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ok, so this maintenance right? It sucks.

Although I'm thinking it's because this is the first Splatfest done in both Japan and North America. I'm guessing this is a "test run" for a big Halloween splatfest.

In 3 weeks, the average time for another Splatfest, it's Halloween! So I think they were trying to make it work, but...it got borked lol. It also doesn't help that it's like 70/30 Planes to Cars ratio right now too :p

I want the Halloween splatfest to be Reese's vs Almond Joy. I don't like coconut, but white ink would be the obvious way on how to make a team instantly win.

J@hranimo

Banned
I want the Halloween splatfest to be Reese's vs Almond Joy. I don't like coconut, but white ink would be the obvious way on how to make a team instantly win.

Haha I wouldn't care what the themes are, but black ink vs orange ink would be godlike lol.

I like both of those candies...

ChrisD

How did the white ink go down in Japan? Can't remember if they won or not.

Haha I wouldn't care what the themes are, but black ink vs orange ink would be godlike lol.

I like both of those candies...

Black vs Orange would be unbeatable, never again could a Splatfest stand up.

Eighteen games, six Planes v Planes

MrGameBoy

Also, correct me for misremembering, but what's up with Arowana Mall never being featured in the NA Splatfests? It's been an available map since launch, and I've yet to even see it...

ChrisD

Also, correct me for misremembering, but what's up with Arowana Mall never being featured in the NA Splatfests? It's been an available map since launch, and I've yet to even see it...

That's a good question. Everyone else has had it in a Fest. It sits in the pile along with other questions like, "what was the deal with Flounder Heights."

I faced a Level 50 wearing the Captain's Hat. Their name was "Cap'n Woomy". That hit my funny bone for some reason.

I think the Christmas Red VS Green would be pretty amazing.

Yeah, that would be equally as great.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Welp, guess the fix is in for this Splatfest. A solid half of my matches have been 3v4s, with repeated connection errors just to find a match. Enjoy your win, Planes!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There is a fucking level 2 on my team right now. A LEVEL TWO

My opponents include a 14, a 30, a 37 and a 40. FUCK

[edit] predictably, we lost

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Alright, I'm done for the night. Just leveled up to Car Champion after going 10 wins and 18 losses. Truly infuriating session of Splatoon, as usual.

a fucking level two against a forty i mean come on

ChrisD

Alright, I'm done for the night. Just leveled up to Car Champion after going 10 wins and 18 losses. Truly infuriating session of Splatoon, as usual.

a fucking level two against a forty i mean come on

Shoot man, sorry for your luck. That level matching should never happen. :/

E: Disconnected from a player that I was with for three hours straight. Now I just get bad players. :,(

Well all the popular streamers bitch about splatfest being teh suck and people wanna be cool so they skip out on it. Personally I'm gonna play to hit max, after that what happens happens.

Top Bottom