• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

For Pete's sake, these players are the worst of the worst. I only needed three more wins with the group I D/C'd from, now it's a stream of losses. Step it up, slacker planes; you're a friggin' plane, you're top of the line!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Shoot man, sorry for your luck. That level matching should never happen. :/

E: Disconnected from a player that I was with for three hours straight. Now I just get bad players. :,(

I hate it when that happens. You find that team that works, you're winning almost every time, then you DC and it's nothing but rough seas ahead. Ugh.

Well it was mostly rocky for me all night, but whatever. I got to Champion in about 2½ hours. Maybe if I feel up to it later today after getting some sleep, I'll try for King.

ChrisD

I hate it when that happens. You find that team that works, you're winning almost every time, then you DC and it's nothing but rough seas ahead. Ugh.

Well it was mostly rocky for me all night, but whatever. I got to Champion in about 2½ hours. Maybe if I feel up to it later today after getting some sleep, I'll try for King.

It's like this for me every Splatfest. You get the players you mesh really well with just to have them taken. I'm never going to reach my lofty goal of +50 So Hawt.

On the bright side they seeked me out to add to Friends List (which I found out when I went to seek them out!). So that's cool.

vNGFzUO.jpg
It's finally done! Only took (no exaggeration) fifteen minutes to find the last round, and it was another bad group. Thankfully I only needed one more point, so win/loss didn't matter.

Now I can sleep. @.@

EulaCapra

So here's my humble random Team Car with an A, B+, B+, C-

Here were our bullshit Team Plane opponents:
[,,,]jeffy lvl. 45 S+
[,,,]dvd lvl. 47 S+
[,,,]Loong lvl. 45 S+
(> .<) lvl. 43 S+

Fuck this bullshit. We should all suffer with randoms!

OMG.

If you ever think to yourself "Man, since I got reset to level 1 because of Nintendo's bullshit lack of cloud saves, Splatfest should be a good time to rank up..." Go and drown yourself in a vat of squid ink.

I'm team Plane (although I don't really care). I'm level 4. Just had a match where we were all under level 10 playing against an entire team over level 45.

Fuck this matchmaking.

Last match:

Me (Level 5)
Level 4
Level 6
Level 11

vs

Level 49
Level 40
Level 50
Level 41

: head desk :

Well all the popular streamers bitch about splatfest being teh suck and people wanna be cool so they skip out on it. Personally I'm gonna play to hit max, after that what happens happens.
Just curious. What team did you choose?

One of us have to win this splatfest... Tell me you are not team plane too...

Hahahaha. Just had a match of all level 2s (except me) against a team of all level 50s.

Hahahahahahaha.

: sobs :

I went 1800P and 14-1 and we didn't even get 20% inked

I forget, how are games where both teams are the same counted for in the results? I've had 20 plane vs plane matches so far.

They count towards your leveling up, but they don't count towards the win/loss for the team.

So 50 Plane v Plane matches net you the points, but absolutely nothing towards who wins SPlatfest.

They count towards your leveling up, but they don't count towards the win/loss for the team.

So 50 Plane v Plane matches net you the points, but absolutely nothing towards who wins SPlatfest.
Ah, kind of crap. I do the same every splatfest, win more than I lose, I've only been losing a whole lot more since I'm constantly going plane vs plane.

There's still a way that the final results of this splatfest will be a repeat of dogs vs cats, or a complete blowout of low victories like Transformers.

Edit: I have located Hiro (Impersonator)

ChrisD

My final Planes Mirror count was... Sixteen, I think? It was in that range.

All them possible wins, wasted into the void of in-fighting.

OMFG.

If you don't know how to use the freaking chargers THEN DON'T EFFING USE THEM.

Seriously. This idiot just spent the entire time shooting at the walls. He's a level 40. WTH. This last match this charger was lagging like hell. He'd randomly snipe me, not only around corners, but on opposites sides of the map.

I just want to end on a win so I can go to bed. Is that too much to ask!?

Edit: Yes it is.

I'm Plane, and I haven't had a single Plane vs Plane match. I have had the dumbest people on the face of the earth on my team, though. If the teams I've had are anything to go by, we're screwed.

I'm Plane, and I haven't had a single Plane vs Plane match. I have had the dumbest people on the face of the earth on my team, though. If the teams I've had are anything to go by, we're screwed.

I've had over 20 mirror matches of Plane vs Plane, and let me tell you...

Why do I get the crappy teammates while the other Team Planes get the very good ones, and it's not the case of they were only better then my team but still stuck, no, they were actually good teams, the ones that would shut you down on Blackbelly and Port Mackerel?

I've only won less than 10 of them, and those were by last second inkstrikes and close calls.

I've had over 20 mirror matches of Plane vs Plane, and let me tell you...

Why do I get the crappy teammates while the other Team Planes get the very good ones?

I've only won less than 10 of them, and those were by last second inkstrikes and close calls.

I'm on a decent team at the moment. I should go to bed, but we're winning!

I haven't had a single close match. Either we win by an insane amount, or we lose by a ton. I think the closest was a 10% victory.

LINGZ, Jose and Christy, youse my peeps!

Only 15 minutes until EU Splatfest voting opens. Will it be Boats vs Trains?

Edit: It's treating me like I'm offline. Spyke and all the stores are closed for business LMAO
Never forget:

Play American Splatfest...top scorer is a Japanese name.
Mii imported from Japanese 3DS or hacked Mii from Wii mode? (if you get Kanji in the name is shows up at small ? blocks that sometimes appear way above or below the users name).

mo60

I won against a lot of team car players today and other team planes players. I seem to be doing great in this splatfest besides a losing streak or two I went on for a bit during the night, but I won the majority of my matches this time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So will everyone jump on the team dog since they won it last or everyone go team cat to flip the results.

ffdgh

Let me say I am so glad I picked planes at the last second. My teams have been great.

Gotta agree that echolocator breaks this splatfest in half and I love it XD.

Gotta agree that echolocator breaks this splatfest in half and I love it XD.
isn't that down to no cold blooded or are you able to proc the echolocator when the whole opposing team is alive (it stops tracking people once they get splatted and only tracks those who are alive you proc it)

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Cats are going to get their revenge. I'm voting Dogs so I can complain about losing in 8 days time :)

Will be interesting to see how the results of the same theme from another region may impact this one.

Contrary to my initially snarky post though, I'll give NoE credit for using a theme that people can easily relate to regardless of cultural background. Still, their track record for theme quality has been dubious thus far; surely this is all self-referential parody at this point?

Alas, it's all snails at the end of the day. Can't complain about that. :p

ffdgh

The theme just got posted by Nintendo of Europe on their twitter page. You'll never guess what they decided. Yes, it's Cats Vs. Dogs!

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/652785813365882880

For some reason, this honestly feels worse than my hypothetical Up Vs. Down theme. Something about borrowing themes from other regions...
NoE what are you doing? NoE Stahp.
isn't that down to no cold blooded or are you able to proc the echolocator when the whole opposing team is alive (it stops tracking people once they get splatted and only tracks those who are alive you proc it)

The latter with custom JR and yeah I wait untll they all respawn to spam it.

On an unrelated note, I've had my first experience with plane vs planes....twice. Good grief I'm worried for cars.

EulaCapra

That may have been the fastest I got to Queen. I somehow got a team that got us to an 18-game winning streak. Me and one other person got to Queen by the 3rd game but we stayed until the first and second match we lost.

qiqoRVUl.jpg

Welp, this took longer than expected:

Had to do about 40-50 games, and over 25 of them were Plane vs Plane matches. Thank goodness the majority of my losses were in those games, so they don't count, and there were some pretty good wins wrecking team car also. With the mirror matches, enemy planes were tough, yet my teammate planes were clueless af, so I feel that battle win % is up in the air right now.

Anyway, I'm Planking now!
Crap, did I just make a pun?

Predictions:

-Popularity: Planes (By a significant margin)
-Battles: Who the heck knows
-Overall: Planes (Barely)

Zing

Banned
Some of you guys need to chill. This is splatfest. It is intended to be fun, not tryhard farming for snails. There are six-year-olds who only get to play on weekends here. I am picturing you guys slamming your controller down, foaming at the mouth because a kid who is trying to enjoy his hour a week of splatoon decided to try a new weapon. Anytime someone suggests Nintendo add voice chat to the game, we could quote your posts as a strong argument against it.

Be a good sport. Don't spawn camp. Try new weapons. Ignore your rank. Don't yell at your teammates. If you get frustrated, have the willpower to quit and go have a snack.

Conventional wisdom holds that the matchmaking algorithm is completely disabled during splatfest. So, just roll with who you get, and back out of each match until you find a team that works well.

My first match was Planes v Planes.

This coloration is beautiful with the night time lighting.

Same here - three planes vs planes in a row right off the bat. As I learned in Transformers it's impossible to predict popularity from the plaza but this many same-side matches is unprecedented in my experience.

The theme just got posted by Nintendo of Europe on their twitter page. You'll never guess what they decided. Yes, it's Cats Vs. Dogs!

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/652785813365882880

For some reason, this honestly feels worse than my hypothetical Up Vs. Down theme. Something about borrowing themes from other regions...

I didn't think they would repeat themes from other regions. The results weren't secret and I can't think of any reason why one would be more popular in one region versus others, so people will just go with Dogs since they won the popularity vote in NA so decisively.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I won against a lot of team car players today and other team planes players. I seem to be doing great in this splatfest besides a losing streak or two I went on for a bit during the night, but I won the majority of my matches this time.

can i have your life

That may have been the fastest I got to Queen. I somehow got a team that got us to an 18-game winning streak. Me and one other person got to Queen by the 3rd game but we stayed until the first and second match we lost.

qiqoRVUl.jpg

or yours

Top Bottom