• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

For those interested the Inkstorm tournament is starting in 30 minutes, you can watch us in the usual places (www.twitch.tv/sendouc and maybe www.twitch.tv/jamesrcade) but I imagine if you're really interested you might want to check out some of the Japanese teams for example

http://www.twitch.tv/yugo_1

This team "We Have Come To Make Memories" won a 290 team tournament in Japan D:

You can find the groups and stuff here: http://goo.gl/OkemNw

EDIT: and some games might have commentary available here: http://www.twitch.tv/endgametv1

good job dumpstering your group 5-0 and 15-1 in sets/games respectively

got lucky and dodged all the Japanese teams though

how are they going to have 16 teams advance from 6 groups though? especially when the groups are uneven as they are

nom

good job dumpstering your group 5-0 and 15-1 in sets/games respectively

got lucky and dodged all the Japanese teams though

how are they going to have 16 teams advance from 6 groups though? especially when the groups are uneven as they are

Thanks! :p

I believe 4 teams will get an automatic bye, not sure how they're working out which teams will get it though.

GWX

I miss playing with you guys. Finally reunited with my Wii U since mid July (only if for a week), had a blast playing a bit of Splatfest today. Don't even know how the private battles work or how to join anyone, since I haven't played since before the update.

Think I got most of my groove back. I'm at least up to the point where I'm going "that enemy sniper is slooooow" and then quick drawing them to death whenever we stare each other down like it's high noon.

Or something.

Also, I started with a lot of Plane v Car matches, but now it's all Plane v Plane.

ryechu

Think I got most of my groove back. I'm at least up to the point where I'm going "that enemy sniper is slooooow" and then quick drawing them to death whenever we stare each other down like it's high noon.

Or something.

Also, I started with a lot of Plane v Car matches, but now it's all Plane v Plane.

im in your game. im ryam

I miss playing with you guys. Finally reunited with my Wii U since mid July (only if for a week), had a blast playing a bit of Splatfest today. Don't even know how the private battles work or how to join anyone, since I haven't played since before the update.

FINALLY. Haven't seen you in a while. A lot of us are in Discord chat, so the thread has slowed down. Check the second post if you haven't already.

Malus

Woo

Beat the last 5 out of 6 Cars teams to get Plane Queen. STILL searching for my first 24 snail victory. The one time my team won I forgot which day it was on and missed it haha...ha.

Luigi87

So an Inkling was in this week's Owarimonogatari...
OdADYIE.jpg

Next Splatfest - Senjougahara vs Hanekawa

ChrisD

Honestly planes may win overall on sheer popularity alone.

I hope this is the case. >_>

0/6 E-Liter I can take. 1/5 96 Deco is whatever. An Inkbrush that never splashes and only rolls around is where I call it. I don't know if I can ever play Splatfest in peak hours again. This is just horrific.

WALKMAN04

Thanks to everyone that watched and cheered us on today in the tourney, we have a round tomorrow against probably the best team in the world(excluding us of course) so hope you all can watch that as well.

Diffense

I started with a team that was winning almost every game. Then I get DC'ed from them and it was downhill from there. I left every losing group after one match and I eventually won a match convincingly after a long drought. Then I noticed on the results screen that one of the players was a slosher user from my first streak. Of course, the game disconnected us again.

I eventually got to Max but it was a struggle. It wasn't helped by the fact that I got a long streak of the most technical map (Port Mackerel) along with poor teammates. They don't get the concept of controlling space. Constricted maps like Moray and Mackerel require controlled aggression even in Turf Wars. If you just absent-mindedly paint and get splatted often you'll soon find your whole team hemmed in. These are the more violent Turf War maps where you have to splat without being splatted because there isn't that much neutral space to claim. But I often had teammates that simply died too much.

Azure J

Thanks to everyone that watched and cheered us on today in the tourney, we have a round tomorrow against probably the best teamin the world(excluding us of course) so hope you all can watch that as well.

Make sure you all kick their asses extra hard. "4th place" NSTC needs to make everyone else 5th or worse. :p

Second tine I've reached max rank in a Splatfest.

I was team car. Not only because I don't like flying and like driving but because I can drive a car but can't pilot a plane. A better comparison would be shuttle buses vs. planes. I would still prefer buses.

Surprised more people picked planes. Do people often fly? I have ridden a plane in 15 years.

Connection issues seen to get worse each Splatfest. At the beginning I had a continuous bunch of issues I already posted about.

Seems I just have to get the right team and stock with them otherwise I'll just have losses due to connection issues or just bad play.

Still had fun and looking forward to the sea snails. Trying to upgrade all my gear.

Lol I just had a match with Dadonator on my team vs The Mom on the other.

I've also seen the mom.

Japan 6th Splatfest

Squid sushi vs. Octopus sushi

Voting rate: 66% vs. 34%
Winning rate: 47% vs. 53%
Final score: 254 vs. 246

Squid sushi wins.

atr0cious

Went to Disneyland yesterday, and ran into a little girl dressed as a squid kid. She was rocking a camo top with the white arrows, with a paper mache ink tank larger than her body attached to a life size roller(swiffer with cardboard tube attached). Unfortunately, Nintendo's third party woes struck again, as she wasn't allowed in the park proper(no long poles near the park).

Went to Disneyland yesterday, and ran into a little girl dressed as a squid kid. She was rocking a camo top with the white arrows, with a paper machet ink tank larger than her body attached to a life size roller(swiffer with cardboard tube attached). Unfortunately, Nintendo's third party woes struck again, as she wasn't allowed in the park proper(no long poles near the park).

lol. Also, how have you been? Been a while since we saw you. =P

atr0cious

lol. Also, how have you been? Been a while since we saw you. =P
Doing good. I have a ton of work now, so I barely get a chance to do anything, so I just spend my free time playing MGSV and rocket league, since I don't have to leave the PC for that. I want to start playing again, even bought another Wii U so my partner and I could play together, but the schedule hasn't really worked out that way. If MGSV wasn't such a blast I'd probably be missing the game like crazy. Hopefully, I can get my projects in line so I have a little more free time, especially on the weekend, when I'll be near the Wii U. Maybe next weekend, as I really miss all you guys and can't wait to invest a ton more time into this game.

There's no doubt that Planes dominated the popular votes by a huge margin, by like over 60%, but I'll laugh so hard if we still lose by Cars overall, with them winning the most battles by a even huger margin.

ss-hikaru

Japan 6th Splatfest

Squid sushi vs. Octopus sushi

Voting rate: 66% vs. 34%
Winning rate: 47% vs. 53%
Final score: 254 vs. 246

Squid sushi wins.

WOW was not expecting us to get the better winning rate. I feel happy that i contributed towards the end of my splatfest run XD

Well this loss is a bit easier to take...can just take it as Splatoon lore, the octo-side is always losing :p

Top Bottom