• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Nico_D

The student has become the rival tier: Nico_D

Haha. You are the one of all the GAF chargers that I have played against the most. So I know your habits and your bomb play (though I still frequently forget it and find myself sitting on one). As said in the chat, I have learned the most from you.

My list of GAF chargers I appreciate and who scare me the most - in no order other than how they pop up into my mind:
- Goya
- Ryechu
- Quartz
- Azure

I haven't played enough against charger using Jah, Jeff, SM, Guysloth and Blue to comment.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone... if so, I apologize.

Haha. You are the one of all the GAF chargers that I have played against the most. So I know your habits and your bomb play (though I still frequently forget it and find myself sitting on one). As said in the chat, I have learned the most from you.

I still remember when you first picked up charger. We were playing in Walleye. I was camping the centre boxes and you were trying to hit me from your team's last ledge on the bottom next to the ramp, with the Splat Charger, which doesn't reach far enough. And then you asked how anyone aims with these things.

And now you fuck me up on the regular. How far we've come.
:p

J@hranimo

Banned
Ok so here goes:

OG Chargers: Violet, Sendou, Bluesilver, Goya, Ryechu, *Walkman

New School/Played Later Chargers: Azure J, Quartz, Nico_D, SM239, Me (heh)

Oh shit Tier: Ryechu, Goya, Azure

Could be better but never scoff at Tier: Nico_D, Quartz, Bluesilver, SM239 (he knows why I put him here lol)

That's my personal opinion. I would really put myself in the "could be better tier" but I really should play my smurf more and get to S rank at least lol. Consistency with my snapshots is definitely an issue, especially when not using the right thumbstick.

Geg

Obviously I don't play charger but I think in terms of playing against you guys using chargers, the only one I consistently have trouble with is SM's bamboozler. And maybe Ryechu's splatterscope, though it's been a while. The rest of you I have a pretty healthy relationship of splatting & getting splatted lol

RedFyn

I'm on the boat of the x4 multiplier was the balanced one between the two, votes didn't matter that much, and it win rate was still a major factor on who won.

Ideally, it'd be a x3 multiplier. Being 25% of the final score makes votes useful as a tiebreaker in a way the current 14.3% aren't.

I'd take either the x2 or x4, at the current level there's no point even checking for popularity.

So feel free to double check this, I was really surprised at the results I got and feel like I messed something up, but while I agree with what you guys are saying changing it wouldn't change the NA results much. X4 doesn't change any of the results and X3 changes cars win to planes. I assume it would affect the other regions more but for NA so far the multiplier hasn't made a big difference.

Nico_D

I still remember when you first picked up charger. We were playing in Walleye. I was camping the centre boxes and you were trying to hit me from your team's last ledge on the bottom next to the ramp, with the Splat Charger, which doesn't reach far enough. And then you asked how anyone aims with these things.

Holy shit, I don't even remember that but definitely sounds like me. Wow. Thanks for that!

And now you fuck me up on the regular. How far we've come.
:p

My turn to share a memory. You are actually the reason why I decided to learn E-Liter.

We were playing at Bluefin Depot, opposite sides naturally. You were camping (seems to be a habit, hmmm....) on top of the cross on the left side and I tried to snipe you multiple times, over and over again and never could get you. And it really pissed me off - "how the hell can she be show fast and accurate!"

The reasoning went like this (not counting your natural speed which is impressive):
1. I can't use non-snoped chargers.
2. I play Splatterscope.
3. I can't hold charge with Splatterscope.
4. Quartz can hold it with Splat Charger.
5. Because of that Splat Charger out speeds Splatterscope every single time.
6. I'm gonna fuck up Quartz with range.

So feel free to double check this, I was really surprised at the results I got and feel like I messed something up, but while I agree with what you guys are saying changing it wouldn't change the NA results much. X4 doesn't change any of the results and X3 changes cars win to planes. I assume it would affect the other regions more but for NA so far the multiplier hasn't made a big difference.

I admit that it wouldn't change any results at all, but it wouldn't look so one sided like playing Melee and you choose Kirby vs Fox.

Azure J

Listing from highest tier to lowest left to right within tiers. :p

Won NSTC Charger Draft, Never Forget: Saro
Pre-Nerf & Reticle Change: SM239's 'zooka Kappa
SQUIFFER OP! SQUIFFER OP!: Ryechu on Squiffer, Triforce141 on Squiffer
S: Kelp Scope Ryechu, E-Liter Ryechu, Goya, "Scuttling down Hammerhead catwalks" SM239, Final BlueSilver's Bombs, Final BlueSilver (:p), The Sendou™
DMR Tier: Bamboozler SM239
A+: Walkman E-Liter (it's been so long since I've seen this versus other's stuff), Scoped/E-Liter Heng, Ye Olde DaBoss, Quartz [NEVER FORGET. NEVER FORGIVE.]
(sleeper S but doesn't play scope to tip the scales)
A: Nico_D (who I'm probably heavily underrating but don't play against enough), Jahranimo (honestly, you should probably be considered A+ based on how you disrupt my flow sometimes, but A+ is also the beginning of "monster" tier), off day BlueSilver, LastMario, SUPERGEM, GuySloth on Kelp Scope, Kelp Scope Walkman :p, those funky Custom E-Liter SM239 experiments
B+: Geg that one time he brought a regular charger into our old school charger rooms
Smashkirby Tier*: Smashkirby
On the back of a milk carton, please contact us if you see them: Violet_0, Grakl
Needs further evaluation: Regiruler,

JackJack Tier: JackJack, That one Splatfest Squiffer taking highest perch on Bluefin

*Acts as the ultra wild card. Is either fuckin' around for jokes' sake or will pull off 15-0 games just for the hell of it.

All in all, I think GAF has a pretty strong and varied collection of charger players. It's because of all of you that I'm even halfway decent with the class.

WALKMAN04

You go MLG and don't have time to play with gaf anymore and all of a sudden people forget to put you on their tier lists, smh. Don't make me have to join them turf wars again.

J@hranimo

Banned
You go MLG and don't have time to play with gaf anymore and all of a sudden people forget to put you on their tier lists, smh. Don't make me have to join them turf wars again.

Dare ya to haha >:D

I hate Camp Triggerfish in Tower Control. It's so easy for a team to just ride it all the way in on one try.

What do you use? I feel it's best to use more ranged weapons for it or something with a wall. I like to use the rapid blasters or kelp splatterscope in Camp Triggerfish TC.

I wish I could remember why I even picked up charger at all. I was using the Aerospray RG before that (of course it was the bloody gold Aerospray, lol) and then for some reason I can't remember I seemingly randomly decided to go from every beginner's favourite weapon to the most technical class. It was before I had played with GAF at all, though.

Holy shit, I don't even remember that but definitely sounds like me. Wow. Thanks for that!

I went looking for the post.

Oh god. It wasn't you. It was Jeff!

How the hell do people use this thing?

Inquisitive_Ghost said:
Jeff Vader, I don't care how hard you try, your gun can't reach the centre from there. ;)

Hey man, if I believe hard enough the shot might go the distance.

I'm so sorry! *headdesk*

My turn to share a memory. You are actually the reason why I decided to learn E-Liter.

We were playing at Bluefin Depot, opposite sides naturally. You were camping (seems to be a habit, hmmm....) on top of the cross on the left side and I tried to snipe you multiple times, over and over again and never could get you. And it really pissed me off - "how the hell can she be show fast and accurate!"

The reasoning went like this (not counting your natural speed which is impressive):
1. I can't use non-snoped chargers.
2. I play Splatterscope.
3. I can't hold charge with Splatterscope.
4. Quartz can hold it with Splat Charger.
5. Because of that Splat Charger out speeds Splatterscope every single time.
6. I'm gonna fuck up Quartz with range.

Well shit, I'm the reason you're such a pain in the ass to fight now. :p

God I was on point that match. ^_^

(sleeper S but doesn't play scope to tip the scales)

LMAO

Thinking about it more, I don't like the "tier" I put Azure J in:

Inquisitive_Ghost said:
Snipes me around boxes tier: Azure J

That's a description of playstyle, not relative skill.

Azure, I hereby graduate you to the Parade of Trades Tier.

I swear I trade with you like 5x as much as everybody else.

J@hranimo

Banned
Check out this awesome inkling cosplay with the best E-Liter Scope replica I've ever seen :O

Courtesy of Toadsili_T in Discord

CaQ71CiUkAEOkRN.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
huh I think I might come back to play occasionally in March, maybe even with a reasonable connection this time. But that will be after half a year of not playing, not really looking forward to that. Kraken E-liter is still god tier, right?

Special thanks to my phone for deleting my wall of text. =(

I killed you once with a charger azure.
It should still be on his YT channel somewhere near the end of a stream. It was in a private on Kelp. =D
Ranking list

You know, that gasp still get me laughing because of how it abruptly ends your train of thought. The squidkid was bad on my part, and is part of the reason why I developed my own "taunt." But yeah, maybe it's due to me focusing on my kills on you, but you have some great reactions to some actions or kills, with the best recent one being that shaky "Oh my gaaaawwwwd" voice you did on Flounder. You also have a reaction to me using the Custom Jr that is stupid amusing and frighteningly similar to what FLC said when someone in NSTC was using one.

I'm proud of your progress, Azure. Mostly because I was able to witness your growth from when you started to where you are now. I remember when you first started you would ask for tips on Charger play and builds to use. I have this vivid memory of when you were learning on (old?) Underpass and I hid on the wall near the middle and ambushed you as you got closer. While I can't get away with as much shenanigans, you still occasionally fall for Ambush Sniper. =D Honestly, the only critique that I'd give right now is that you can develop a bit of tunnel vision despite no longer holding a charge with a scope. That, and bombs still. =P

While funny, I think that all of us can be put into A/A+ rank when on our off days, though mine can be pretty bad. Have I ever told you of the time where I went on a losing streak for 3 days? I honestly think that that experience is bringing my low point lower than it should be.

On the topic of bombs, I feel that the only ones who use bombs the way I do are Blak, Ragnarok, and potentially Quartz, but that is TBD still. SM uses Suctions in an interesting way that I would like to learn from, especially since that's my weakest bomb type, but he doesn't play with anything that uses those anymore. =/

My quick thoughts on the other Chargers from GAF off the top of my head:

Jahranimo: He has definitely improved from when I first saw him pick up a Charger and starting with the Kelp was an excellent choice IMO. He can still improve.

Nico: Another one that improved a lot since I first saw him pick up a Charger. Kinda sad he went to the E-Liter side, but it is what it is. Had a fun experiment with a no-damage Custom E-Liter against him one day.

Smashley: Fun to duel against and is has funny kill cams.

SM239: Another one that's really fun to play against, but in this case it's mostly his Bamboozler. His other Chargers can be improved IMO.

Goya: Only played against him twice, but don't question his aim and try to keep pressure on him. Great person for practice.

Heng: Hasn't played Charger recently, but his Blaster play should keep his Charger skills somewhat honed. I have a fond memory of fending off both Heng and Azure at Kelp Dome when they had their sights set only on me.

Walkman: Another that I haven't played in ages. You can blame me for his Burst Bombing habits since I'm the one who recommended that to him when he first picked it up.

DaBoss: Never played against, but had pretty good scores when we would squad before all of his time went to NSTC.

Sendou: Another that I've only played twice against, but I had instant respect towards him.

Quartz: Probably sniper dueled at least once, but has really solid Charger foundations and bomb usage based on my experience vs her when I'm using a short range weapon.

Violet: OG Custom E-Liter with amusing Remote Bomb sniping shenanigans and Sanic Krakens. Always kept me on my toes and would make sure that I would never get sleepy during a match. I'm probably one of the few people that remembers Violet using the New Squiffer.

Grakl: One of the Charger players that I would respect back in the game's launch and up. Had the same stance as I regarding how much damage up you need on the Splat/Kelp Chargers.

Ryechu: Probably the Charger player I respect most out of everyone. The man lives and breathes the Charger class. He's the player that forced most of us to up our game in order to keep up.

Me: Who else would bring a Squiffer to an all Splat/Kelp Walleye private room? (Kappa) In seriousness, though, I can say a lot about my own play, but it'll be mostly me observing what I do wrong. Ha...

Once my hand heals, I fully intend to get back in the Charger game. I've been gone for far too long. You better watch it, ChargerGAF. I'm coming back in full force. =D

huh I think I might come back to play occasionally in March, maybe even with a reasonable connection this time. But that will be after half a year of not playing, not really looking forward to that. Kraken E-liter is still god tier, right?

OMG He's back =O. Kraken E-Liter is rising up in popularity, but the E-Liter class got hit with a nerf to its damage. Didn't seem to change much though. You should have no problem readjusting to the Custom E-Liter.

i wanna play too gaf! lemme play

Come right back whenever you want. =D

Most of us hang out in Discord nowadays, so it might be a good idea to get in on there. However, if you guys don't want to, I can always post here once the SplatGAF room goes up for the day.

Violet_0

Banned
OMG He's back =O. Kraken E-Liter is rising up in popularity, but the E-Liter class got hit with a nerf to its damage. Didn't seem to change much though. You should have no problem readjusting to the Custom E-Liter.

wth is this, E-Liter nerfs? It seem Nintendo is listening to a bunch of whiners now

see ya guys around sometimes soon, I'm scrub level now

wth is this, E-Liter nerfs? It seem Nintendo is listening to a bunch of whiners now

IMO you can't feel it much if you've been running a lot of damage up in the first place. Hope to see you back soon. =D

*Is somewhat excited that a Team Colors squad can happen now.* =D

Geg

Violet posted :eek:

Don't worry, the lag I experienced playing with you is nothing compared to some of the stuff I've seen happen in this game

Don't worry, the lag I experienced playing with you is nothing compared to some of the stuff I've seen happen in this game
Hi.

Seeing someone swim with an Inkstrike missile on their back, preparing for launch and then it flying off is something to behold.

Heng

Defense up requires almost a full charge to kill with ton of damage up (from the last time I tried charger) but that might be changed since its been a while. Also don't put me on charger tier, I don't play that anymore lol.

J@hranimo

Banned
Haha whoa, we started ranking chargers in SplatGAF and then Violet posts about wanting to play again soon.

COINCIDENCE? Maybe, I dunno lol.

In that case, I really need to continue working on my consistency with chargers overall. I did well with the Custom E-Liter when squadding with Robotguy last night, but there's definitely room to grow.

Also, when Violet comes back...that means the "Team Colors" thing will actually happen huh?

jariw

690,000 Splatoon players on the latest Japanese Splatfest is pretty impressive!

For your information, the number of participants in Japan taking part in events inside the game called “splatfests” has been consistently increasing since the first one. There were approximately 690 thousand participants in the 10th “splatfest” held on January 23 and January 24 in Japan, which is an all-time high number.
※ Approximately 690 thousand of "splatfest" participants are counted based on the number of account used.

phanphare

Banned
still really liking the rapid blaster deco. does great for splat zones. I'm fucking ninja'ing around and splating e-liters left and right on museum.

EulaCapra

I've blocked so many Splatoon players just from Turf Wars who troll or purposely ink less than 300 points. 75% of them are Japanese females. Or at least use female Miis....who look Caucasian.

Unfortunately, I do not. No smashing for me tonight, either, as I have no mun' for fun'.

Ah. I'd offer to add you right now, but I injured my hand and can't play for at least another week. I'll try to keep the OT updated for when GAF lobbies pop up. They usually last 3+ hours, so that should give you enough time to catch up and join in. As for ranked squads, that'll be a little harder to organize here unless you tell us what time you'll be available at least an hour in advance, preferably 2 hours in advance.

Bamboozlers and Splatlings are all in the same family, so why not

IMO, I'd allow the Bamboozler to join in a Charger room, but Splatling are far too different for that. Let's not even talk about the Mini, which might as well not have a charge.

abd

So, with the Mother 3 stuff there was also a little bit about Platinum Games working on single player expansion and they will use Vanquish as a template.

Azure J

*don't believe without proof*
God, I want to believe without proof...

Top Bottom