• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So, with the Mother 3 stuff there was also a little bit about Platinum Games working on single player expansion and they will use Vanquish as a template.

Y'know, my first reaction is to say that Vanquish plays nothing like Splatoon, but when I think about it, sliding around is similar to swimming as a squid, then you have to pop out of your slide to shoot, and there's no jumping (similar to Splatoon's very limited jumping), so.... nah, there's no way. Platinum's already working on too many games unless they've hired way more people.

Check out this awesome inkling cosplay with the best E-Liter Scope replica I've ever seen :O

Courtesy of Toadsili_T in Discord

Nice.
This one was reblogged by the official Splatoon tumblr
This Inkling cosplay by Yakuzi on World Cosplay

tumblr_nxyakubCpf1s2jn44o1_1280.jpg

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/138635046484/cosplay-soul-inkling-splatoon-this-inkling#notes
Original source: http://worldcosplay.net/photo/4041457

Finally got that Inkling Amiibo, mainly cos i like how it looks :p

The gear you get from doing those challenges isn't really worth it is it? I mean i did the first 3/4 challenges and all i got was this helmet with 2 additional skills... does the later stuff get better because i can already buy gear with 3 skills in the store hmmm

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

The gear you get from doing those challenges isn't really worth it is it? I mean i did the first 3/4 challenges and all i got was this helmet with 2 additional skills... does the later stuff get better because i can already buy gear with 3 skills in the store hmmm

Nah, the unlockable gear is nothing special, it just looks cool fresh.

Eh, I'd say it's worth having the gear from the amiibo. It has no brand bias unlike most of the other gear. Though some of the gear looks odd when mixed with other sets. Other than that, amiibo challenges unlock a minigame and a reskin for certain weapons. Not sure if that's worth it to you.

Eh, I'd say it's worth having the gear from the amiibo. It has no brand bias unlike most of the other gear. Though some of the gear looks odd when mixed with other sets. Other than that, amiibo challenges unlock a minigame and a reskin for certain weapons. Not sure if that's worth it to you.

Ok i might do it for that i guess... plus you do get some cash out of it at least to spend in the store :p

GuySloth

Neo Member
You'd think each Squid Sister Cousin would unlock a different minigame, though. It would be a bit lame of they both unlocked the same new minigame.

Cool find, though.
However, if you favor one of the squid sisters over the other it is fantastic. I can already see people grumbling about even more content locked behind physical DLC. I do not share that opinion but I can see where those people are coming from.

Ok, I've recently discovered how incredibly fun the H-3 Nozzlenose is, such a weird weapon. Really love it paired with some Bomb Range Ups for good long range support with Suction Bombs

ChrisD

Made it to S+!!!!

It only took me 8 months :lol

Congrats! =D What weapon+mode/maps did you rise with?

I'll retroactively boycott the game

"Gimme' back my hours, you don't deserve them... what do you mean that's not how time works?!"
Yeah, I'd not touch that mode with a ten-foot pole if it somehow made it to Splatoon, lol. That would be even worse than Fire Emblem.

Pikma

Banned
Congrats! =D What weapon+mode/maps did you rise with?
I kept cycling between GALs, Range Blaster and Krak-on Roller with the latter being the one I won my last two matches with.

It was Tower Control on Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome.

I was already at 70 when the map rotation began but it still was really fucking hard because I had some dumb losses that cost me a lot of points.

Pikma

Banned
Very nice, Martin. Congratulations! So that's why I haven't seen you playing much lately.

So what's next? Surely to 99?
I'm not sure if you remember but I was having huge connection issues a while ago so I had to take a break from the game, then a month or so later I changed providers and everything's been like night and day since then.

Sadly I'll be away from home the next 6 months and I'm not taking my WiiU with me so the road to S+ 99 will have to wait. :(

ChrisD

Well, you made a nice achievement before leaving. I'd be itching to play the entire time if I was so close before having to go.

Just make sure you squad with GAF when you get back, so you don't lose your + to months of rust. :p

College/Work? Hope you enjoy/put to use the time either way. Splatoon probably won't even be on your mind after the first week!

ss-hikaru

Alex at NintedoLife, and an interesting find about possible new Splatoon content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDIltjREOJk

Probably more related to the Squid Sisters performance after Day 1 of Splatoon Koshien, but during the breaks of the Koshien livestream they showed footage of the jellies working at Anchovy Games and one of them was super duper obsessed with the Squid Sisters :p

More amiibos would be nice, it would be fun trying to play single player with some of the other weapon types, I'm not really much of a roller or charger girl. Given that the Splatoon amiibos are the best selling amiibos in Japan I wouldn't be surprised if they came out for real. I wonder if the Splatoon characters will eventually get Nendoroids too, Nintendo seem to be putting out a lot of those recently XD

Pikma

Banned
Well, you made a nice achievement before leaving. I'd be itching to play the entire time if I was so close before having to go.

Just make sure you squad with GAF when you get back, so you don't lose your + to months of rust. :p

College/Work? Hope you enjoy/put to use the time either way. Splatoon probably won't even be on your mind after the first week!
Yeah, it felt nice! maybe I can join you guys one of these couple of days before I leave :p

Yup, school it is. I'm spending a semester in Spain as part of an exchange.

Moondrop

Banned
PSA for those with WiFi connection problems on their side: I'm now using the Netgear Powerline 1200 in addition to a wired LAN adaptor to bypass the WiiU's terrible WiFi. It sends the ethernet signal through your electrical system. And I'm fucking back in action.

I'm officially back, baby! Hand splint is off and I have at least 90% of my movement back. Then I go into Solo Ranked Zones with a Charger and drop 43 points. =/

I've come to believe that playing in GAF TW rooms have made my ability to adapt to solo situation really poor. Once our area control dies, they get the zone, lead, then KO. =/ I switch to Splash and nonstop winning. That's a new one.

Nah. This thread has fallen to the Squidboards group. So much activity.

I seriously have to commit your GAF name to memory, Diego. (Right?) Maybe use the same avatar?

ss-hikaru

Nah. This thread has fallen to the Squidboards group. So much activity.

Where does everyone go for Splatoon related stuff? I only really look here, discord and reddit, only go to Squidboards occasionally. What is each site best for? I like this OT because there's sometimes good/fun discussion and it doesn't move too fast. Discord is good for throwing out random comments while playing and chatting to whoever's on about questions I have. I generally only skim the reddit first page cos too many "Look I'm S/S+ now!!!" threads and I only go to Squidboards if it gets linked on one of the other sites.

Then I also go to inkpedia or whatever when I forget what loadouts weapons have :p I follow Squid Research Lab tumblr and JP twitter for official announcements.

Nico_D

I'm officially back, baby! Hand splint is off and I have at least 90% of my movement back. Then I go into Solo Ranked Zones with a Charger and drop 43 points. =/

Yep. I switched to .52 and been winning a lot more. Playing a charger needs more team support which with randoms isn't an automatic. Evident problem with teams who don't care/know about map control. Not cool painting with a charger.

Edit: Also, I see a lot of games where the whole team is on one side or corridor or spot of the map, blocking each other and getting flanked. And I am dying elsewhere alone against 2 or 3 enemies. I'm trying to not care, just playing. Succeeding too, somewhat.

Azure J

I've come to believe that playing in GAF TW rooms have made my ability to adapt to solo situation really poor. Once our area control dies, they get the zone, lead, then KO. =/ I switch to Splash and nonstop winning. That's a new one.

I seriously have to commit your GAF name to memory, Diego. (Right?) Maybe use the same avatar?
This is why I used to jump into stupid gang up situations with GAF on the opposite team -- to learn how to fight out of them. :p

Kito

Jumped from S40 to S82 with only Inkbrush in Ancho-V SZ this afternoon, lol. Thanks to sprinkler it's really good for camping either entry to mid, more so than Dynamo which requires better spacing.

Top Bottom